Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Thank you both for the information.  My email did not have that information.  I guess they forgot to include it.  I do not look forward to being on hold for hours again but if they think they sent me the information they will not send it again so I will need to contact them.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:56 AM, SunsetPoint said:

Just called to arrange my closed-credit-card-to-checking-acct transfer.  I was told it's an ACH transfer and so the official word is 2-5 business days.  Sigh... so many creative ways for companies/institutions to hang onto your money.  

Aaaand, it was actually in our account the next day!

Just wanted to mention a funny sort of thing.  When the last of the funds finally did show up in our account, a mere 77 days after the cancellation of our cruise and 75 days after the refund request, there was a short-lived feeling of elation and warm fuzzies towards Celebrity.... almost like we'd received a bonus or a gift.  Had to shake off that feeling and remind ourselves that we were getting nothing more than our own money back that someone else had been holding on to for a long, long time, considering the fact that the initial down payment was made two years ago.  Hope everyone else gets their well overdue refunds soon.

Edited by SunsetPoint
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, acctgtogo said:

Thank you both for the information.  My email did not have that information.  I guess they forgot to include it.  I do not look forward to being on hold for hours again but if they think they sent me the information they will not send it again so I will need to contact them.

Your email should look similar to this. Additional information and instructions are included below the box.

1318379688_ScreenShot2020-06-02at5_53_25PM.thumb.png.9bf48d67f586820d59f90b258474de3a.png

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Your email should look similar to this. Additional information and instructions are included below the box.

1318379688_ScreenShot2020-06-02at5_53_25PM.thumb.png.9bf48d67f586820d59f90b258474de3a.png

Our FCC did look like this but the Certificate Amount had no correlation to any of the amounts that we paid for the cruise.     

15 minutes ago, jerryd1 said:

Our FCC did look like this but the Certificate Amount had no correlation to any of the amounts that we paid for the cruise.     

That's a whole different discussion, isn't it? My combination of FCC and credit card refund don't quite add up, but in my case I think it's the taxes and port fees that remain outstanding. 

71 Days!😲

I finally received my refund which was done in 1 credit that totaled the port fees/taxes and dinner for two at a speciality restaurant. 

Very happy to move on from this and I look forward to whenever I can travel anywhere by any means again. 

stay safe all!

We cancelled our Edge March 15 cruise on the 12th. We finally received a FCC on May 13 for a reduced rate, then on May 28 we. received a credit to X visa, and there is still 281.02 that has not been refunded. The number corresponds to the exact amount of Port fees and taxes of our cruise. So we are still waiting. The thing that bothers us the most is no letter or anything that explains any of this. 

While waiting for this we had two other cruises Aprili 21with X and July 3 with RCCL and both we ask for refunds and have received them before that Edge cruise mentioned above. Just shows there is no rhyme or reason to their processes. 

15 hours ago, twentyknots said:

June 23 (90 days from refund request date) will be D-Day for Celebrity to complete my refund process.  Failing that will remove them from any further consideration for future cruises.  

I feel the same way, and it makes me sad. I am a shareholder of RCCL as well as a formerly loyal customer, but they have been quite short-sighted in how they have handled the refund process for the loyal people who make their company possible. Then they have the nerve to continue sending advertisement emails of all sorts asking us to buy more cruises when they have not even refunded the one they cancelled. I feel sorry for what they are enduring but have also been quite disappointed and my confidence in them has been undermined. The unfortunate parallel thought is, if they cannot handle emergencies from a bookkeeping standpoint, how good are their safety procedures? Or their ability to handle the unexpected if it happens at sea?

In total Celebrity owed me a little over $21K (two paid-in-full cruises that were cancelled by Celebrity and a few others where I only had refundable deposits on them that were cancelled by me).  Over the past 3 weeks miscellaneous amounts were credited to my credit cards with no rhyme nor reason to any of the amounts.  No booking numbers were referenced and the credit card receiving the credit was not necessarily the one I used for the particular booking that was being refunded.  I had to keep an excel spreadsheet in order to keep track of these credits.  I posted the dollar amount every time a credit appeared on my credit card.  When all was said and done I was short $7.  My travel agent is having her sales rep look into this but I know I will never see that $7 from Celebrity.  My TA offered to send me a check for $7 but it's really no big deal - I can "eat" the 7 bucks.  But I will always wonder why they shorted me 7 bucks.  I think the next cruise I book I'll short-pay by $7 and see if they issue my ticket (LOL)!

Our refund that we requested on March 24 is nearly complete. The card on which we made the initial $200 deposit was compromised a couple of years ago and I am waiting for it to wend its way through the Barclaycard system.  Most of the fare was refunded in early May (I've already forgotten the date) but they shorted us $608 and change - I had to call several times and spend an extra few hours of my life making them see the light. $408 (and change) posted on May 27 to the card we used to make final payment. Almost there, but at this point I think it's a Barclaycard issue, not Celebrity.

5 hours ago, JulesH said:

I feel the same way, and it makes me sad. I am a shareholder of RCCL as well as a formerly loyal customer, but they have been quite short-sighted in how they have handled the refund process for the loyal people who make their company possible. Then they have the nerve to continue sending advertisement emails of all sorts asking us to buy more cruises when they have not even refunded the one they cancelled. I feel sorry for what they are enduring but have also been quite disappointed and my confidence in them has been undermined. The unfortunate parallel thought is, if they cannot handle emergencies from a bookkeeping standpoint, how good are their safety procedures? Or their ability to handle the unexpected if it happens at sea?

I was as frustrated as anybody, but I don't think it's fair to compare the shoreside administration to ship operations. I think that their safety procedures are likely as good as anybody's. And let's all hope that all of the lines have learned how to handle emergencies at sea, whether it's being struck by an iceberg or enduring a pandemic.

We received our cruise refund a while back, just some additional information to share... we book directly with X and booked flights separately with Air Canada. When cancelling our flights we had two options, a partial refund of $150 and change or a travel certificate for future travel in the amount of $1900 and change. I chose the partial refund and took the chance of submitting the balance to my trip cancelation policy offered through employer... claim was denied. I challenge the denial and it was discovered they overlooked a critical receipt submitted with the claim. The denial was reversed and claim was paid today in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had requested a refund for our cancelled May 21, 2020 Alaska cruise, but received  a FCC instead.  At the time we thought that maybe celebrity was sending (via email) the FCC in hopes of passengers opting for the credit rather than the refund.

Here is our timeline:

March 24 - Celebrity cancelled Alaska cruise scheduled for May 21

March 25 - we request a Cruise refund

May 2 - we receive a Future Cruise Credit via email (the FCC is also on our Celebrity Capetian's account page)

May 9 - Celebrity refunds Excursion ($1K)

May 23 - Celebrity refunds $364 Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

Question: did Celebrity send a FCC to others who requested a refund, or did they just make a mistake with us?  Anyone else experience this?

I know that the refunds are coming in groupings, so I haven't called them yet to ask if we are in the pipeline for our refund, or if a mistake/error was made along the way.

Just asking fellow CC members if anyone else is in the same situation.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

When things settle down, I really hope RCL invests in IT.

They do every few yrs and then their systems and websites only  go from bad to worse!

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

We had requested a refund for our cancelled May 21, 2020 Alaska cruise, but received  a FCC instead.  At the time we thought that maybe celebrity was sending (via email) the FCC in hopes of passengers opting for the credit rather than the refund.

Here is our timeline:

May 2 - we receive a Future Cruise Credit via email (the FCC is also on our Celebrity Capetian's account page)

Question: did Celebrity send a FCC to others who requested a refund, or did they just make a mistake with us?  Anyone else experience this?

I know that the refunds are coming in groupings, so I haven't called them yet to ask if we are in the pipeline for our refund, or if a mistake/error was made along the way.

Thanks!

Have you read the posts in this thread?  If you do, you will find your answer.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Have you read the posts in this thread?  If you do, you will find your answer.

My friend, while I haven't read all 63 pages of messages, I have read many pages over the weeks I have been dealing with this.  If it helps to show a little bit of empathy/kindness to me, I will share with you would normally be working at Seattle's Pier 91 dealing with cruise passengers heading to Alaska on Celebrity, HAL, Princess, RCCL and Carnival.  I, like many others in our country will have no income this season due to the cancelled season.  I am just asking for a little information from my fellow CC friends.  We are living through extraordinary times, and kindness and helpfulness to others should be the norm, and not the exception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Here is our timeline:

Thanks!

Although we are not among those who have received FCC in lieu of a refund, it appears that there are several who have requested refunds from Celebrity but were given FCC instead.  These folk have contacted Celebrity to let them know that they had requested refunds and are now back in the queue waiting on their refunds.  I would think that you would be better served to contact Celebrity to make the correction.  Otherwise, they may assume that they are finished with your cancellation.  Several on this site believe that Celebrity is just doing this to stall giving refunds.  I would hope that is not the case, but do not really know.  We, too, have requested a refund from the April 16 cancellations.  Nothing has shown up to date.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Here is our timeline:

Thanks!

Yes, the EXACT same thing happened to me.

Almost all who filled out the online form got FCC instead of the

100% refund you requested. The reason why they did not acknowledge

your online form (they said they would!) was to avoid a paper trail

for the trick/scam they were doing for most who requested a 100%

refund. You will be rewarded/punished by waiting LONGER to

get your May 21 cruise refund. After complaining many are recently getting

refunds for late March early April cruises. After 75 days and MANY calls,

emails etc I finally got my refund. Nowhere close to the 30 days they 

said on the email. This policy of substituting FCC instead of the

refund you requested is a dishonest/slimy business practise!! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Yes, the EXACT same thing happened to me.

Almost all who filled out the online form got FCC instead of the

100% refund you requested. The reason why they did not acknowledge

your online form (they said they would!) was to avoid a paper trail

for the trick/scam they were doing for most who requested a 100%

refund. You will be rewarded/punished by waiting LONGER to

get your May 21 cruise refund. After complaining many are recently getting

refunds for late March early April cruises. After 75 days and MANY calls,

emails etc I finally got my refund. Nowhere close to the 30 days they 

said on the email. This policy of substituting FCC instead of the

refund you requested is a dishonest/slimy business practise!! 

I appreciate your response, along with JRWLOBO's observations.  It helps to know that others are in the same boat (pun intended).  Looks like I will just have to get on the phone with Celebrity and make sure we are in the queue for our refund.  Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.