Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Argo.

Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

Two things:   Are these same issues happening with RCLs other lines?  And has anybody contacted the consumer division of their State Attorney General if they feel they’ve been dealt with dishonestly?  


The same complaints of long time to get refunds, inaccurate payments, lack of communication are appearing on boards for most every cruise line, this is not unique to X. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Got to love celebrity !   While waiting for the rest of my refund  I did receive another set of bag tags today for out April 13 sailing on the reflection!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, NHDOC said:

 

And I am also "the one" STILL waiting for the 25% refund we were all promised on that 3/6 sailing.

 

Promises, promises.

 

I finally put in a CC dispute on 25% of the fare against the charge for that cruise last week too.  I didn't want to have to resort to that but after over two months (and Celebrity's attitude that they won't speak to me directly about any of this because we booked through VTG, our TA) forced me to take that step to elevate this as well. 

 

The TA is supposed to be talking to the TA, that is why they get paid commission from Celebrity.  It isn't an attitude - your TA should have handled all of this.  They cannot touch a sailing that is being handled by a TA unless the TA contacts them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cruisnuts said:

We were booked on the April 11th ABC Cruise on Summit.  We did not request a refund and understood if you did nothing you would automatically receive the 125% FCC.  We have not received any notice yet.  When logging into our account on Celebrity website and viewing past cruises it’s listed as if we actually went on the cruise.... Is anyone else also seeing this?  Also wondering if I should contact them or just sit tight a little longer. 

I just today got official notice of my FCC (and my wife got hers as well) for the cancelled April 17 Silhouette Cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We received our FCC in email today for the cancellation of April 13 Reflection. Refunds have been coming in for our Celebrity Air and port taxes. I expect we will be 100% complete by end of next week. Weird amounts but when all in it will be 100%. It's hard to be patient when it concerns $$$ but they will get it all taken care of eventually. Crazy times right now for the cruise industry and the credit card companies trying to process all this. Those people have to be losing their minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

 

I got a default notice with this address.

Two capital Ls at the front maybe, or maybe she's gone as predicted in the thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were told by X rep on 4/26 that our refund was "processed" and would take 2 to 3 weeks to be refunded in our card.  This Sunday will be 4 weeks.

 

Hope it posts soon or we will have to file yet another credit card dispute....seems to be the only way that works for us with X.

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxes and fees refunded to credit card May 19th for cancelled April 11th cruise.  FCC received a while back 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hildacloake said:

Taxes and fees refunded to credit card May 19th for cancelled April 11th cruise.  FCC received a while back 😀


Thats encouraging.  We received the FCCs for our 4/19 sailing a few weeks ago so hopefully our taxes and fees will be refunded soon.  

We are still waiting on 1 last airline refund.  They cancelled the flight on 4/10 and I immediately submitted the refund request.  Got a acknowledge of the request on 4/11 stating refund within 30 days.  Called yesterday to check and was advised that the refund process for our tickets was started on 5/3 and could take 30-45 days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW. Our May 28 and Jun 6 btb cruises were canceled on Apr 16.  Apr 17 I applied to Celebrity for the refund for both and on May 14 I received two fairly large credits on the credit card totalling about 80% of what we paid but neither of the credits matched any amount on the reservation.  Knowing from previous posters that this was not unusual I waited for additional credits.  After a week I decided I should call Celebrity and find out where the rest of the refund was. I checked our credit card online one last time before I called and lo an behold 6 more small credits were posted.  Of course they didn't match anything I paid but in total represented a total refund to the penny (actually $2.00 more than I calculated).  Now we wait for our next cruise in Jan and will decide later whether to make the final payment or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jerryd1 said:

Yes, it appears as a "Past Cruise" until they process it.

This is interesting. 
 

Still waiting for refund for 4/11 Summit cruise. I still see the cruise listed in my Past Cruises. 
 

For those who have received their refunds (or FCC’s) and have been made whole, have you found that your canceled cruise drops off this list? If so, it might be a way I can check that and then know my refund is forthcoming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

For those who have received their refunds (or FCC’s) and have been made whole, have you found that your canceled cruise drops off this list? If so, it might be a way I can check that and then know my refund is forthcoming. 

 

No, it stays there even after they issue FCCs, at least in my case it did.  They issued FCCs on one cancelled cruise a couple of weeks ago and that cruise, along with the other still appear in the list of past cruises.  

Edited by NHDOC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, harz99 said:

Two capital Ls at the front maybe, or maybe she's gone as predicted in the thread...

try two lower case "ll".  But that shouldn't really make a difference.  Maybe they've closed down that e-mail account ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

This is interesting. 
 

Still waiting for refund for 4/11 Summit cruise. I still see the cruise listed in my Past Cruises. 
 

For those who have received their refunds (or FCC’s) and have been made whole, have you found that your canceled cruise drops off this list? If so, it might be a way I can check that and then know my refund is forthcoming. 

Not sure about pas cruise list.

Our reservation dropped off our "My Celebrity" account exactly two weeks before we received our refund.  We didn't request any FCC.   I wrote to the celebrity engagement center when it dropped off and a very nice lady there told me it would take about 2 weeks to receive the refund and she was correct.

 

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NHDOC said:

 

No, it stays there even after they issue FCCs, at least in my case it did.  They issued FCCs on one cancelled cruise a couple of weeks ago and that cruise, along with the other still appear in the list of past cruises.  

Ok, thanks. 
 

Two of my refunds are on canceled credit cards at two different banks, and both banks have told me that the refund WILL go to the cards and I will have to call the bank to tell them what I want done with the credits. The problem is I no longer have any online access to these closed accounts so it means a phone call to the banks periodically to ask if the refund has been received. 
 

Funny though, both banks told me, “call the cruiseline and ask them what day they are processing your refund...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, marycruz said:

Not sure about pas cruise list.

Our reservation dropped off our "My Celebrity" account exactly two weeks before we received our refund.  We didn't request any FCC.   I wrote to the celebrity engagement center when it dropped off and a very nice lady there told me it would take about 2 weeks to receive the refund and she was correct.

 

Hope this helps.

Just checked and our canceled cruise is still on the past cruise list but without points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the Silhouette April 17 cruise, cancelled by Celebrity.  Requested a full refund on March 25.  Crickets since then.

 

I called for the first time a few minutes ago.  Only about a 10 minute wait.  But totally unhelpful.  She said she had no way to look up whether refunds had been processed but said she could take our info and someone would get back to us via phone.  She said refunds are taking 45 days.

 

So, I am now waiting in the line again since we have been waiting 58 days as of today with nada.  I'm hoping talking to a different rep might get a different answer....I'll let you know if I have any success.  I not, I won't post again today.  Certainly, there are people who have posted on here that they have refunds, and their cruises were scheduled after ours.  We are owed $10,315.48 and I think they've had our money long enough.  Starting to get irritated about it, frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

We were on the Silhouette April 17 cruise, cancelled by Celebrity.  Requested a full refund on March 25.  Crickets since then.

 

I called for the first time a few minutes ago.  Only about a 10 minute wait.  But totally unhelpful.  She said she had no way to look up whether refunds had been processed but said she could take our info and someone would get back to us via phone.  She said refunds are taking 45 days.

 

So, I am now waiting in the line again since we have been waiting 58 days as of today with nada.  I'm hoping talking to a different rep might get a different answer....I'll let you know if I have any success.  I not, I won't post again today.  Certainly, there are people who have posted on here that they have refunds, and their cruises were scheduled after ours.  We are owed $10,315.48 and I think they've had our money long enough.  Starting to get irritated about it, frankly.

 

When I called back I got the exact same rep!  What are the odds?  She immediately responded that she had just spoken to me...and I pushed back and said that since we had waited 58 days, well beyond the 45 days she mentioned, I needed more of an answer than "just wait a little longer".  So she has now transferred me to an agent and I am on hold again....

 

Stay tuned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NHDOC said:

 

No, it stays there even after they issue FCCs, at least in my case it did.  They issued FCCs on one cancelled cruise a couple of weeks ago and that cruise, along with the other still appear in the list of past cruises.  

 

I have one that I cancelled on my own well before final payment (it was for my Feb break - initially I'd booked Equinox but cancelled that one and then eventually booked Edge) that shows on my past cruises. I called to inquire about it back in February and was told that cancelled cruises would still show up in the past cruise history even though they were cancelled and you received no points for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after 68 days I am almost fully reimbursed.   I have one final refund of over $1,000 that is suppose to be released on Sunday 5/24 - "if they send out a batch this week due to the holiday". 

 

To those that said the agent can not tell if a refund as been issued -  they are just giving you the party line and they can indeed find out.   On 2 or 3 calls they told me that they were either working on or had issued a credit and told me the amount of credits and dates.   If they won't look it up ask to speak to a supervisor.

 

2 of my 3 Suspension of Cruising Credits were partially screwed up by me filling a dispute over the Move-Up bids that were awarded the day of the suspension.    I didn't want to have to pay them Additional funds.    On one the agent insisted that the credit card had refunded me the full amount of the cruise instead of just the Move Up and cancelled my FCC's.    The third where there was no problem just got stuck and never got a FCC or Refund.

 

After talking with Zenith desk to avail I eventually sent an e-mail to LLP and CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

To my surprise I received a call back in less than 10 minutes.   The lady that called me was excellent and assured me she would get to the bottom of it.   It took her a week but she eventually got me all of my FCC's and Credits.    I have one credit remaining of over $1,000 that is suppose to be in this Sunday's batch "if they send the batch out this week due to Sunday being a holiday".  

 

All I can recommend is to stay vigilant  and don't give up.     The toughest part I had was matching up the credits to the 5 cruises that had been cancelled.    The amounts refunded do not match any line Item on my reservations and there are no reference numbers or e-mails to designate that one was even issued.   At this point I have one credit of $38  that doesn't match anything and Celebrity said just enjoy it.   Maybe they just wanted to be done with me.   LOL

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue_Flame said:

This is interesting. 
 

Still waiting for refund for 4/11 Summit cruise. I still see the cruise listed in my Past Cruises. 
 

For those who have received their refunds (or FCC’s) and have been made whole, have you found that your canceled cruise drops off this list? If so, it might be a way I can check that and then know my refund is forthcoming. 

Mine dropped off day after I cancelled early March but I only received the refund this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

 

When I called back I got the exact same rep!  What are the odds?  She immediately responded that she had just spoken to me...and I pushed back and said that since we had waited 58 days, well beyond the 45 days she mentioned, I needed more of an answer than "just wait a little longer".  So she has now transferred me to an agent and I am on hold again....

 

Stay tuned.

I seem to have lost your e-mail.    Please e-mail me (e-mail in signature)   

 

I have something for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

 

When I called back I got the exact same rep!  What are the odds?  She immediately responded that she had just spoken to me...and I pushed back and said that since we had waited 58 days, well beyond the 45 days she mentioned, I needed more of an answer than "just wait a little longer".  So she has now transferred me to an agent and I am on hold again....

 

Stay tuned.

 

Holey Moley, it took 1 hour 33 minutes on hold and three different reps, but I finally got the answer that they send "some" refunds to our cc company on May 13.  Because we booked with an online big box she said she didn't have access to the specific amounts because it is password protected by the big box.  They have not shown up on our online statement.  She said that they often end up on the next billing cycle for the cc company.

 

So, our next call is to Visa.

 

My takeaways:

1.  When they tell you they don't have access to your account, don't take no for an answer and ask to be transferred to someone who does have access.

2.  Be prepared for a long wait.  I talked to the first rep, 18 minutes on hold, asked to be transferred.  Sat on hold about 25 minutes.  That rep said he had no access because we booked with a TA, not Celebrity.  He transferred me and I sat on hold almost an hour, to the final person who at least had some info.

3.  I agree with Jim, above, you will need to be dogged.

 

I'll post again when we finally see some $$$. Good luck!  I figured if I waited long enough I'd have more success.  Not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...