P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I know we have a weather warning here in Central Scotland but it's the first time i can remember them saying all train services will finish at 4pm. A lot of people are going to struggle to get home from work especially all those that live in Glasgow and work in Edinburgh cause i've travelled on that service during the rush hours and they are away packed.

Good morning hope everyone is ok this morning .It's getting very blustery this morning

to say the least . Just been watching a big fat wood pigeon doing an impression of a 

kestrel hovering in the wind before grasping a tree branch ,which it is now grasping onto

for dear life . The weather is a nice bright sunny day apart from that .

Another day staying in for me watching the world blow by :classic_unsure: 

Hope you all keep safe and have a good day :classic_smile::classic_love:  

1034942978_wet2.jpg.0d25b2e3e744d721c152ff0f11fd91af.jpg

• Like 9

Another lovely sunny morning here as I sit on the balcony awaiting my morning toast and typing here. We walked down the coast road to Puerto Calero yesterday morning as there was some cloud cover and it was a bit cooler. The round trip walk is approx 8 miles, when we got there around 10:00 ish everything was opening up and there was a small market, we recognised some of the stalls from Teguise Sunday market. Puerto Calero is a small harbour town and very pretty, it reminded me of Benalmadina many years ago. I thought of Graham when I saw the Ralph Laurent shop. There is also a small water bus that runs between Puerto Calero and Puerto del Carmen for anyone who is OK to walk there but not both ways. Stay safe everyone as I see there are a couple of storms around for the next few days, with snow forecast for Yorkshire.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We walked down the coast road to Puerto Calero yesterday morning as there was some cloud cover and it was a bit cooler. The round trip walk is approx 8 miles, when we got there around 10:00 ish everything was opening up

Blimey, you set off early! 

29 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another lovely sunny morning here as I sit on the balcony awaiting my morning toast and typing here. We walked down the coast road to Puerto Calero yesterday morning as there was some cloud cover and it was a bit cooler. The round trip walk is approx 8 miles, when we got there around 10:00 ish everything was opening up and there was a small market, we recognised some of the stalls from Teguise Sunday market. Puerto Calero is a small harbour town and very pretty, it reminded me of Benalmadina many years ago. I thought of Graham when I saw the Ralph Laurent shop. There is also a small water bus that runs between Puerto Calero and Puerto del Carmen for anyone who is OK to walk there but not both ways. Stay safe everyone as I see there are a couple of storms around for the next few days, with snow forecast for Yorkshire.

Puerto Calero is very pretty. We took the grandchildren on a day visit to go down in the submarine to see the fish. I didn’t go down just hubby and grandchildren, I had to amuse myself and had a nice salad and glass of wine instead. The photos and videos of their trip was fab though.

Sounds like you are having a lovely holiday with great weather. It’s certainly better than here at the moment 

Michelle

• Like 3

Starting to blow a hoolie here in South Devon.  I am going to have an interesting walk up to NCI Prawle Point to do my afternoon stint as Watchkeeper!  Not to mention a huge fire that has blocked one of our roads.  Oil tank, house and car - 10 fire engines! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-60399619

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Starting to blow a hoolie here in South Devon.  I am going to have an interesting walk up to NCI Prawle Point to do my afternoon stint as Watchkeeper!  Not to mention a huge fire that has blocked one of our roads.  Oil tank, house and car - 10 fire engines! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-60399619

Take care Jean. Here we were told high winds for rest of the week but today it is sunny and so far just a breeze. I actually like a good storm - apart from previously getting my fence blown down every time. Remainder of garden wall is now being done approx 1st March as the Landlord has let me know both tenants moving out by then, hopefully the wall won't fall down. Plans for today are zippo will just see what unfolds. 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, Josy1953 said:

Pretty much the same for me but it was my mother who taught all of us how to budget.  Both of my parents were strongly anti-debt and they both used to say if you can't afford it you don't  have it.  Dad said to me when we were applying for our first mortgage "Only have a mortgage that you can manage on one salary because you never know when one of you may be  unable to work". 

We started with our 1st mortgage in February 1980 when the interest rate was 15% but it came down after a few months but we carried on paying the same monthly payment so reducing the capital giving us a larger deposit when we moved 3 years later.

David is quite happy to let me "get on with the money stuff". 

i wrote a really long post on Sunday but it didn’t seem to post. 
our parents didn’t teach us anything about money at all. Didn’t help with decorating and barely looked after the kids. I think yours dads advise is sound about only one wage. Problem is for us could survive on hubbys, no chance of surviving on mine. 
we bought our first house in 2007 and being 19 we went on the advise of Halifax, silly woman even wrote down she didn’t give us advice but she did and we ended up with a 25year fixed rate mortgage at 6.4%. Unfortunately we were so young and stupid we had no idea how to get out of it, they kept saying it was a few thousand to leave but until we were both at home after our second child (maternity and hubby had operation) we never looked into it. Had we have just paid the few thousand at the beginning we could have been so much better off. Money just wasted cos we didn’t know any better so now we try to stay on top of how loans, mortgages, even shares etc work to make the most of our money. This is something I will definitely want to pass onto my children. 
All of you so lovely helping your kids out or teaching them etc. 

• Like 4

Strong, gusty winds here too this morning, but dry,  a little sun and surprising mild. Not as warm as Lanzarote, but I'll take what I can get. 

Nice to see you still posting Emma. I enjoy reading the exploits of your low-riders, they sound a real handful.

Isn't it nice and peaceful this morning?😊

Stay safe and warm everyone whatever your day entails.

Avril

• Like 4

Morning all. It’s a bright sunny morning here in N Yorks but very windy.

A big thanks to everyone who responded to my cry for help about the ignore button. I can now read posts without it affecting my bp!

As you can see, I’ve been a member for a while but only lurking. It has been great reading all your posts and, like everyone else,  it has been a great help through difficult times. I love the humour. It’s great to have a good laugh and there have been many. Thanks for that. 
l have felt that over the last two years I have got to know many of you but you don’t know me so I’ve decided to be more sociable. This posting business is new to me so I’m giving it a go.

• Like 19

Ditto Tango York, same here! Not sure what I’d have done without you all there past couple of years, and still now! I realised on Mon it’s been 2 years since my last meal out, crazy. Does anyone else find it massively difficult to even go out the door now, or is it just me 😔 DH has been just fantastic bless him. Well it’s not raining here currently, but getting windier and we have fog again lol. 

• Like 8

Tango York - just what I have done:  not cruising at all at present, or for the foreseeable, and have not cruised with P and O, but people on here (with just the odd exception) have been friendly, answering questions, and  providing  lots of humour and interest, especially over the past awful couple of years when most of us hardly ventured out.  I'm sure everyone would like to hear from you with your own news - I guess you are another person from Yorkshire - lots here, as you will have seen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Short answer yes. Obviously will not name but if you read page half a dozen pages, it should be clear

Ah ok. It’s cos I follow the conversation then it flips to something else. Strange. 

just been going through trying to budget for next cruise. 
pepsi is up by 30p. 
cocktails are up by 60p. 

still can’t make the drinks package beneficial for us though. 

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m just going to ask this as I’m not sure I am following everything correctly

Are we thinking that we have a troll? 

Hi Vamps ,if you go on certain cruises you will see them ,even Zapp has posted a few photo's .

As for on here the saying "Least said soonest mended " is very apt as they/it just crave our

attention but best leave it at that .

• Like 1

Hi Caullkhead. No, it’s not just you finding it difficult going out. We have been out for a meal on Friday night on a number of occasions latterly last year. The first time we went out I was really scared and way out of my comfort zone. We went out last Friday, which was the first time this year, and I was fine. However, we always go to the same same pub where we have been regulars over the years. Last Sunday we went to a large supermarket to collect a parcel and it was awful. I couldn’t wait to get back to the car. It was really weird because it wasn’t busy. Although we are still having home deliveries, we do go to another supermarket for treats, and I’m absolutely fine there. Very strange. I think we have to take small steps in going out to build our confidence up again without forgetting to be careful.

• Like 4

I watch alsorts of sports but I just can't get into the Winter Olympics. I've only watched a bit of curling and the 'sliding' events like bobsleigh, luge and skeleton. I normally quite like proper skiing events like downhill but I'll need to look up when it's on. I'm not a fan of newer 'hip' events like short track speed skating, snow boarding and acrobatic slope events. Maybe it's just me and the lack of much British involvement.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Me too - but although it should not, it tends to lose interest for me when we seem to be doing badly!  I had even watched the curling in previous years.  I am  bit of a fair weather friend, I am afraid.

I’ve quite enjoyed the curling and the men’s team is playing really well.

Some of the commenting on the “newer” events is nothing short of banal tho…..

• Like 2