P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

as well as candy necklaces?

When OH had his Club there was a fancy dress night and one lady walked in with the tiniest of bikinis made from those candy things we made necklaces etc out  of.   Oh the shock.  I don't think anyone there could face eating those now!😚

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My favourite was Fry's Five Centre bar, dark chocolate with 5 different flavoured cream centres.

That was my mum’s favourite chocolate bar , I remember all that’s mentioned but I loved the sweet cigarette’s and suck them to a point , and also the sweet tobacco in the square waxed paper , I never smoked though when I grew up 😊 I just liked pretending as a kid .

• Like 6

14 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Ah Sarah, you're a young 'un 😉.  Some of us on here go back to Spangles, Opal fruits and Fry's 5 Boys chocolate bars 😁

I remember spangled & Opal fruits and the jubblys, on a hot day would buy one Brom local shop near school before catching the bus home. One my favourite chocolate bars was the Aztec bar. We buy very few sweets or chocolates these days, usually a bag of wine gums or a large bar of galaxy chocolate, don’t care for Cadbury chocolate since the recipe was changed. 

ED237594-CDBF-4C4D-956D-AF28F9C86B43.jpeg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Skegness was up in arms that it came bottom!  It’s still enormously popular, but very much not a resort for the typical Which? subscriber.

P&O Cruises also featured in Which? a few years back. It did not do well.

I remember my one and only visit to Skegness in 1961, I was 9 years old, the memory was due to have my legs sand blasted by the strong easterly wind, fortunately only went there for a day trip from Mablethorpe where we were staying.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone nice bright sunny morning looking good for two days here before some rain comes , I’m off to a food festival today to visit my nephew who has a store there selling his meat rubs for bbqs having a picnic in the park at Christchurch harbour then home to pack for a long weekend away in the new forest for our 44 th wedding Anniversary to relax at a spar . 

Hope everyone has a enjoyable bank holiday weekend and any jubilee parties your arranging or attending .

• Like 10

Lovely sunny morning

I whinged and wondered why it had been decided to move the BH weekend but it seems whoever made the decision knew we’d have horrible weather on Monday and sun shine on Thursday

I’ll lose track of which day it is very son, I’m sure

Have a lovely long weekend, and enjoy any gatherings you’re going to

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

pack for a long weekend away in the new forest for our 44 th wedding Anniversary to relax at a spar . 

Happy anniversary Purdey :classic_love:

Hope you enjoy your time in the Spar , I could never relax after half an hour the shopkeeper 

would tell me to get dressed and get out :classic_unsure:

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

:classic_smile:   44 YEARS   :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

We have another lovely morning here in Stoke.  We are having a jubilee morning tea party at the food bank this morning because we are only open until lunchtime so can't do afternoon tea.  I'm not sure how many will stay because a lot of them like to pick up their food bags and leave and being half term they will probably have their children with them who will want to get outside to play.  I am a bit disappointed that I will not be home to watch everything on tv this morning.

Have a good day whatever you are are doing to day.

• Like 4

Another sunny morning down here and supposed to be warmer than yesterday too😄

Happy Anniversary Purdey, enjoy your relaxing weekend.

I am planning a BBQ and afternoon tea on Saturday, and checking the forecast it's supposed to rain. 

My daughter and granddaughter are taking Mum out for lunch, but as Mum can't get into my daughter's van she asked if she could borrow my car and invited me along. So guess I'm chauffeur🤣

Have a good day and enjoy the BH weekend, whatever plans you have.

Pam

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone nice bright sunny morning looking good for two days here before some rain comes , I’m off to a food festival today to visit my nephew who has a store there selling his meat rubs for bbqs having a picnic in the park at Christchurch harbour then home to pack for a long weekend away in the new forest for our 44 th wedding Anniversary to relax at a spar . 

Hope everyone has a enjoyable bank holiday weekend and any jubilee parties your arranging or attending .

Happy 44th wedding anniversary Sandra.

unnamed.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Lovely sunny morning

I whinged and wondered why it had been decided to move the BH weekend but it seems whoever made the decision knew we’d have horrible weather on Monday and sun shine on Thursday

I’ll lose track of which day it is very son, I’m sure

Have a lovely long weekend, and enjoy any gatherings you’re going to

Sunny here at moment, forecast is for it to cloud over later will stay dry as I have a lot of plants to plant in the garden, lawn to mow and a driveway to de-weed in the next couple of days. 

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Posh hotel is it?. I bet Chewton Glen. Have a nice anniversary.🎊🍾

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

When OH had his Club there was a fancy dress night and one lady walked in with the tiniest of bikinis made from those candy things we made necklaces etc out  of.   Oh the shock.  I don't think anyone there could face eating those now!😚

Not after knowing where they had been🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Posh hotel is it?. I bet Chewton Glen. Have a nice anniversary.🎊🍾

Not this time zapp , having a change and going to Carey’s manor in brockenhurst in the manor suite for 3 days , we actually booked it before Covid came along and they held onto our money since then and because we let them they gave us a free night extra, we’re do anything to help businesses running 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another glorious day here in Romania, today and tomorrow we are in Constanta. The ship is being prepared for a street party and afternoon tea on deck. Could be a good do, especially as the ship is all inclusive. 

Sounds lovely. Have a great time

Michelle

• Like 4

Off to daughter's today.. just four houses with tea in the front garden and a bit of a quiz (plus prosecco of course)

My youngest daughter makes the most amazing roast dinners and savoury things, but like me she has trouble with cakes etc.  I cannot do it, they are never right.

She has sent me pictures of flattish scones, and a burnt sponge.  I told her to cut the edges off no-one will notice!!!!😂She has a great sense of humour so this afternoon will be great fun.

We've told her we have made urgent dental appointments  just in case. 

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

• Like 6

Afternoon everyone, 

It's a nice sunny day again down here, and getting hotter😁 so am going to make the most of it as it forecast for rain tomorrow. Typical as we have arranged to have a BBQ and afternoon tea party, it might be a bit crowded indoors with 16 people and two dogs!

Have had a busy morning. First thing headed out early on the hunt for Amaretti biscuits. First stop Home Bargains, they sell them but were out of stock, next Lldl and had to queue to get into the car park as half of it is closed due to an old mill next door becoming unsafe - again no. Next stop Marks, again out of stock and then Asda, again no joy, before returning home to wait for my Tesco order to be delivered. Loaded the fridge with drinks for tomorrow while waiting and since my order arrived have made some peach mousses for tomorrow, no having a bit of lunch before heading out into the garden.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2022 at 7:21 AM, Purdey16 said:

Happy anniversary to you both! Enjoy your time away 🥂🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Afternoon everyone, 

It's a nice sunny day again down here, and getting hotter😁 so am going to make the most of it as it forecast for rain tomorrow. Typical as we have arranged to have a BBQ and afternoon tea party, it might be a bit crowded indoors with 16 people and two dogs!

Have had a busy morning. First thing headed out early on the hunt for Amaretti biscuits. First stop Home Bargains, they sell them but were out of stock, next Lldl and had to queue to get into the car park as half of it is closed due to an old mill next door becoming unsafe - again no. Next stop Marks, again out of stock and then Asda, again no joy, before returning home to wait for my Tesco order to be delivered. Loaded the fridge with drinks for tomorrow while waiting and since my order arrived have made some peach mousses for tomorrow, no having a bit of lunch before heading out into the garden.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.

Same here with Clotted Cream which was unavailable on our Tesco order, went out to 3 supermarkets, local Coop, Farm Shop to no avail, seems there is a nationwide shortage of Rodda’s clotted cream.