P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Thunder here at the moment and I have to catch the bus to Hempstead for food as there is a bus strike all next week. Also still suffering the effects of both the flu and the 'other' jab on Thursday.

I understand that the Arriva Kent bus strikes next week at least up to Friday have been called off. One of my more random CC posts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A really miserable morning here. Raining heavily and so dark I've had to put the lights back on. Worse to come with thunder storms forecast for this afternoon. Seems as though a lazy day of reading and catching up on CC is on the cards. 

Stay warm and dry everyone and enjoy your day whatever you have planned.

Avril

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A really miserable morning here. Raining heavily and so dark I've had to put the lights back on. Worse to come with thunder storms forecast for this afternoon. Seems as though a lazy day of reading and catching up on CC is on the cards. 

Stay warm and dry everyone and enjoy your day whatever you have planned.

Avril

We had thunderstorms and torrential rain between 5am and 9pm but now have blue skies and sunshine!

Poor Freddie hates the thunder and that came on top of blasted fireworks last night…..😡

• Like 3

It’s supposed to be. raining here, but the suns out. Trevor  (dh) wanted to help with the Xmas cake this year, so we’re just going to start. The fruit has been soaking since Friday in a cocktail of flavoured gin & Eastern European liquor too nasty on its own but great all together with amaretto too, hicc! He’s just choosing some classical music as too early for Xmas music 🙃

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

And another (The Blessed Ranieri Frees the Poors from a Jail in Florence)

I never could fathom this one, but it was always a high spot for the children (and us!) on a visit to the Louvre!

Stefano di Giovanni: Blessed Ranieri Delivering the Poor from a Prison in Florence

Well,he didn't do that well at Watford did he.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

We had thunderstorms and torrential rain between 5am and 9pm but now have blue skies and sunshine!

Poor Freddie hates the thunder and that came on top of blasted fireworks last night…..😡

I hope Freddie is happy now Gill.

It is foggy and raining heavily here on the North East coast of England.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thunder here at the moment and I have to catch the bus to Hempstead for food as there is a bus strike all next week. Also still suffering the effects of both the flu and the 'other' jab on Thursday.

I rely on public transport too - have you tried supermarket home delivery?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I rely on public transport too - have you tried supermarket home delivery?

Yes, I have a Tesco home delivery on Wednesday which I won't cancel although the bus strike here has been suspended. I left home for the 12 minute walk to the bus stop and caught the bus 1 hour later. First bus cancelled and the second 15 minutes late, a cancellation on the way home as well 🤬

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Yes, I have a Tesco home delivery on Wednesday which I won't cancel although the bus strike here has been suspended. I left home for the 12 minute walk to the bus stop and caught the bus 1 hour later. First bus cancelled and the second 15 minutes late, a cancellation on the way home as well 🤬

I know the feeling - used to be a great 10 minute service for me here but in the new “normal” world services are curtailed quite a lot.  On the bright side we don’t have to pay for petrol! 🚎😀

• Haha 1

A very wet night here in North Wales. The sun came out and lulled us into a false sense of security earlier. We got soaked ... but the views were worth it and it is quite cosy in a static caravan as the rain bounces off the roof! Nice to see the rivers full again but hoping that we get a little sunshine as well..... makes lovely 🌈 

IMG-20221023-WA0007.jpeg

• Like 8

Morning.

We had a lovely time at my brother’s wedding. It was the most relaxed wedding reception we’ve ever been to, burger, pizza & crepes vans doted around a lovely garden venue, with heaters & fire pits, and doors open to rooms with seating, a bar, photo booth & disco area. Playground equipment for the half a dozen or so little kiddies and a pool table & ping pong table for the big kiddies 😊 they had a magician wandering around doing tricks too, he was fantastic.

Yesterday was heavy rain so we didn’t bother going into Oxford.

01AD9438-B553-466B-8AF2-958B84A7A9A8.jpeg

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 25

Met an old friend on my evening walk in the rain last night. He's a keen birdwatcher so I thought that he might be looking out for owls. But when asked, his answer was ... "No chance to see the pair tonight in this rain... 

... It's just too wet to woo!"

DSC_9146.thumb.jpeg.f1a581e3176107c15ba14723383c31a6.jpeg

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Had to laugh today.A guy from New York has bought the house 2 doors away in our complex.My Mrs has been texting him giving advice and info.She calmly said to make sure the lid is locked on the organic waste bin cos the wild boars will try and get into it.He texted back in a panic saying please.please,please tell me you are joking.She said don't worry there are guys out with guns in the mornings now culling them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I would have thought an American would be used to that sort of thing (maybe not in New York) as  in lots  of places they have grizzly and other bears wandering round the streets at night;  even more scary than a boar.   And guns shouldn't be a problem, not if you live in NY.  Daily occurrence, I would imagine.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 11:32 PM, wowzz said:

And the time and cost involved in getting an Indian entry visa would put you off anyway !

Strangely enough, I was with friends on Saturday who have just been through the process and they were telling me what a nightmare it was.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, brian1 said:

Hi Andrew,your friends must be John Lennon fans like me.It's the Seabourn leg of the tour that bumps the price up.We did Golden Triangle (but not Shimla) and joined Aurora in Dubai for a worldie segment to Singapore for a lot less than your quote.I saw that Celebrity are doing a similar itinerary later in that year for a lot less.IMO, a trip of a lifetime,Brian.

They are Seabourn devotees Brian, so I think that is what swung them. A cruise isn't a pre-requisite for me so I'll probably look to do a similar Golden Triangle tour with Saga or Jules Verne. Many of the cruise packages include the Gulf State countries which I don't have any desire to visit.

• Like 1

Had a good walk this morning , lovely & bright. Washed & brushed down the front path with some bleach as it’s getting a bit slippy & obvs the usual  autumn pressure wash can’t be done. Had a parcel arrive from boots, used up my points, had ordered a big bottle of lynx shower gel for the men in  house to make up to free postage, we’ll the poor post lady was so apologetic that it had leaked everywhere (probably her van will be thumping out Toto for a while 🤣) luckily nothing ruined or missing from the soggy box, but had to wipe all the other bottles off before it soaked into the labels. 

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I would have thought an American would be used to that sort of thing (maybe not in New York) as  in lots  of places they have grizzly and other bears wandering round the streets at night;  even more scary than a boar.   And guns shouldn't be a problem, not if you live in NY.  Daily occurrence, I would imagine.

I think he lives in the leafy suburbs of New York State.My uncle in Canada had bears.A Yorkshireman living there since the war.He said to me way back "we have to be careful of the bars".I said no probs I like a drink then realised the language barrier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2