P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well today. 

We have finally made it onto the ship (Azura) after an early morning flight. I have managed to book The Glass House and Sindu restaurants so far. The weather is beautiful so currently laid on a sunned, hubby has gone to get me a Pina Colada. All is good!!! 

Take care everyone and have a nice weekend 

Michelle

Have a good one Michele, (weather here is 6.c feels like 2.c)

I think we are ready for a holiday too ...Enjoy Azura 🙂

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We have finally made it onto the ship (Azura) after an early morning flight. I have managed to book The Glass House and Sindu restaurants so far. The weather is beautiful so currently laid on a sunned, hubby has gone to get me a Pina Colada. All is good!!! 

Michelle

Sounds absolutely perfect, Michelle - have a wonderful cruise. 

It's cold and dull here, which obviously we very much prefer to what you have, but you'll manage somehow.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Oh wow. Not envious at all……🤣

Have a wonderful holiday with plenty of cocktails!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Different professions Harry. I did drawings for a patent agent. Just behind our office we could see lots of folk in wigs and gowns. When I went up to Wardour Street, lots of folk in wigs and gowns.......🤔🤪

I worked for a patent agent

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a lovely time! I'm very jealous 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I don’t know, Brian - Shepherd Market, Ambleside Avenue. Where next? Greek Street? Back of King’s Cross station circa 1980? Gas engineer or roving reporter for an updated version of the Ladies’ Directory?

Not that I’m in position to throw stones! Bet you know Shenfield too……

Kings Cross,oh yeah,I've worked there as well.Tell me about Shenfield,I've installed a few systems there.What have I missed.Brian.

13 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I worked for a patent agent

My father’s advice, a long, long time ago, when I was a law student, was to become a patent agent - on the grounds that it was one of the most lucrative branches of the legal profession.

He was probably right!  But it always struck me, a naive 20 year old, as very dull. Was I wrong?

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I do kind of agree with you in some ways. I can't see the attraction of salad in winter tbh. It does seem however that if everyone starts buying turnip, we won't have enough to go round...

Of course we will. No matter where you are, you will always find at least one turnip.😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Kings Cross,oh yeah,I've worked there as well.Tell me about Shenfield,I've installed a few systems there.What have I missed.Brian.

Thought you’d have worked there too! You didn’t miss much. Unless you count a neighbour of ours who was a local dentist but spent most of her time in a drunken stupor and down the local off licence. Or the bloke who built our house and then decided to proposition my wife. Unsuccessfully (she’s always claimed) but he then succeeded with one of the other neighbours and broke her marriage up. It was an odd place, and we escaped out of the London area as soon as we could.

Mind you, in Streatham (Norbury actually), which you also know, there was a GP who used to prescribe iffy drugs in the pub at lunchtime for cash.

Do anything on Hutton Mount? Now that’s a place with some stories! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a lovely time and enjoy.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Although, to be fair, she has a point.

UK consumers have got used to buying seasonal vegetables all year round, regardless of the cost to the environment.

We should be eating according to the seasons - why the need to buy lettuce in the middle of winter ?

Tin helmet firmly in place  !

I agree we should be eating seasonally and I try to buy from the market as much as possible I do buy out of season vegetables from supermarkets just for the variety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sounds amazing Michelle.

I hope you both have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

@Eglesbrech

I hope you're feeling a little better now Eglesbrech. I think Frank and I are begining to turn a corner at last, and  was wondering how you were. x

Avril

I’m glad you are on the mend now. Long may that continue.

Im really struggling and can’t seem to shake this at all. I’m sleeping 20 hours our of 24, sore all over, still feverish and sweating buckets. OH has been on bed stripping and PJ washing duty every morning as everything is damp through from the sweat.

Predictably it has gone into my lungs so keeping an eye on my o2 sats which are not great. If it doesn’t start to improve I’ll phone the GP on Monday (or before if they go much lower).

Off back to bed, been up for a whole 45 minutes.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

My father’s advice, a long, long time ago, when I was a law student, was to become a patent agent - on the grounds that it was one of the most lucrative branches of the legal profession.

He was probably right!  But it always struck me, a naive 20 year old, as very dull. Was I wrong?

I was only 16 and a typist so didn’t really understand it all but did enjoy working there for 5/6 years only left when I moved out of London.

31 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I was only 16 and a typist so didn’t really understand it all but did enjoy working there for 5/6 years only left when I moved out of London.

Much nicer in Dorset - beautiful county, with delightful towns. We still have a spinning wheel which my wife bought in Dorchester when we lived in Somerset. And a lot of happy memories.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Im really struggling and can’t seem to shake this at all. I’m sleeping 20 hours our of 24, sore all over, still feverish and sweating buckets. OH has been on bed stripping and PJ washing duty every morning as everything is damp through from the sweat.

Predictably it has gone into my lungs so keeping an eye on my o2 sats which are not great. If it doesn’t start to improve I’ll phone the GP on Monday (or before if they go much lower).

This sounds very similar to when I had Covid pre-vaccine.

Sending you my prayers and good wishes that you improve quickly.

Don't hesitate in contacting your doctor if you feel any worse.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a very pleasant cruise

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear that you’re still so unwell. Sounds horrible.

I know you know your own body, but I also know that you’re very much not one to complain. Really not wanting to pry, or to interfere, but as it’s now affecting your lungs and your sats are down, might it not be a good idea to contact 111 or its Scottish equivalent sooner rather than later? An early intervention might be helpful, or

at least some advice?

Harry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Much nicer in Dorset - beautiful county, with delightful towns. We still have a spinning wheel which my wife bought in Dorchester when we lived in Somerset. And a lot of happy memories.

Moved to sussex first stayed there for 5 years moved back to London for about 16 years then to Dorset been here 24 years love it here not been back to London since about 2001.

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were like that, and it does take quite a while to shake it off. We are still very weak with no energy at all. Having said that, we didn't have the problem with our lungs. When I spoke to the doctor he said to get back in touch with him if it went to the lungs, so it would be wise to contact your doctor like you said. Take care.x

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We ordered tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce & broccoli in our Tesco delivery yesterday, only the tomato’s arrived much to our surprise even though they were a substitute. Manage to get a cucumber, Romain lettuce and broccoli from our local farm shop when I called in for some eggs. They were rationing the vegetables to one per customer, in the case of tomatoes one punnet. We have used the farm shop for much of our fresh produce, but even they are struggling with some veg. They had no turnips as there is no demand, there are farms locally that grow them, but they are contracted for animal feed. Leeks have been hit and miss lately and their suppliers say that stocks of U.K. grown leeks are running low due to a poor harvest, leeks need water and don’t do well in drought conditions, my leeks  completely failed last summer, more like spring onions than leeks. 

Will be sowing my tomato plants next week, plus I have decided to grow cucumbers again this year, at least with my own I don’t have the fight with the plastic wrapper on them. 

I will be growing carrots, beetroot (just taken the last of last years crop out of storage) French climbing beans, potatoes in containers, garlic, lettuce and will replenish the herb garden. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a lovely time Michelle and enjoy Azura and many pina coladas , glad you got your restaurants booked.