P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Started out as a quite pleasant day, I was out at my volunteer group this morning, when I left at 1:00 temperature was 11C, dropped to around 3, and dropped even further as well now are in the midst of heavy snow. 🤷‍♂️

F756EAD2-BB47-4D9F-B71D-42D1E1272D61.jpeg

• Like 7

We had snow then sunshine then rain yesterday then snow again this morning.

So 'peed off ' with weather can't be bothered waiting till June for my next cruise so booked one at the end of April as well this morning.

This weather is costing me a fortune. 😞

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just opened the curtains to find that we have had a covering of snow again overnight.  I'm just glad that I have no plans to go out today so I can stay in the house where it is warm.

Take care everyone.

The same here, but only a thin covering. I had expectrd more because it had begun to snow when I went to bed at 11pm. It won't last long as the sun is now out. We had the full range of weather in one day yesterday. warm sunshine, followed by winds, hail, rain and ending wth snow.

At least it helped the forecasters to get some of the weather right for once.😁

Take care and keep warm.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I really hope that today's budget does something for those people who can afford to have their heating switched on all day, I can't imagine how they are managing in this cold weather.

Most likely sat in their super yacht cruisers in the Caribbean islands .

Nice of you to think of them though 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

Most likely sat in their super yacht cruisers in the Caribbean islands .

Nice of you to think of them though 😉 

They are probably having sleepless nights worrying about the cost of bringing them back to the Med for the summer.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Ever get that feeling you've been here before?20230314_2023401190.thumb.jpg.2717b876dc87c61ac97735aaeb67069d.jpg

Brian. You and Mrs Brian have morphed into Graham and Pauline. All I ever see is photos of all four of you seated in front of humungous dinners but none of you ever put on any weight! 

Hope you're having a great time.  Jane. Xx

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Brian. You and Mrs Brian have morphed into Graham and Pauline. All I ever see is photos of all four of you seated in front of humungous dinners but none of you ever put on any weight! 

Hope you're having a great time.  Jane. Xx

Wish I was back in Tenerife.

80°F there 36°F in North East England.

IMG_20230309_153648.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

Well, despite some months ago saying that it was far too early to book a 2024 cruise,  I finally gave in and booked 14 days on Azura for next April. The price, including the air fare seemed too good to miss. 

We got the last wake view balcony cabin - hopefully the size of the balcony will make up for the iron stanchion that runs through it !

• Like 15

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, despite some months ago saying that it was far too early to book a 2024 cruise,  I finally gave in and booked 14 days on Azura for next April. The price, including the air fare seemed too good to miss. 

We got the last wake view balcony cabin - hopefully the size of the balcony will make up for the iron stanchion that runs through it !

Azura this April for us. Second cruise on her this year. We still prefer Britannia, but.........😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Azura this April for us. Second cruise on her this year. We still prefer Britannia, but.........😁

Azura and Ventura do have some advantages over Britannia; they both have promenade decks which provide for excellent sunbathing and people watching, and both have a third large entertainment venue, which is sadly lacking on Btitannia and both of the new ships.

• Like 1

My niece's friend dropped off a bottle of wine this afternoon to thank me for delivering her leaflets yesterday, we have just opened it and it is really nice so I thought that I would Google to see where I could buy some, the answer was  "The Knackered Mothers Wine Club".  I will be ordering some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8