P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just a heads up that Princess have a special 3 day offer for 2024 cruises, with a deposit of only £1pp, and Princess plus at half price, and they do have accessible cabins available as well. It runs until 6th May.

We took a look at this offer last night and have decided not to book for the moment.

I thought that the prices looked a little high and when I checked the same cruise that we have booked for later this year with Princess Plus included it is 20% more next year for the same 2 weeks in the same cabin.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just stumbled across a TV advert for Ambassador Cruises. 

Words fail me  !

They are obviously looking to attract the Billy Cotton age group, who like lots of lady dancers kicking their legs up in unison.

Just awful.

It popped up on a professional network I am a member of extolling it’s 50+ cruises, but setting it to Enjoy Yourself (Its later thank you think) to those over 50 is probably not the best marketing ploy, as one comment said it’s like saying “go on one of our cruises before you die” not the best strapline for selling a product. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It popped up on a professional network I am a member of extolling it’s 50+ cruises, but setting it to Enjoy Yourself (Its later thank you think) to those over 50 is probably not the best marketing ploy, as one comment said it’s like saying “go on one of our cruises before you die” not the best strapline for selling a product. 

We were on the cruise where they made the advert and the cruise was nothing like the advert portrays. That advert would put me off but having been on the ship twice we will certainly cruise with them again as they have some good itineraries and several longer cruises. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Words fail me  !

They are obviously looking to attract the Billy Cotton age group, who like lots of lady dancers kicking their legs up in unison.

Just awful.

I received their brochure through the post yesterday. There are some interesting itineraries, also of particular interest, a few of them sail from Falmouth. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Words fail me  !

Just awful.

Just returning to traditional cruising. In the good old days all ships had tillers.🤣

• Haha 11

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I received their brochure through the post yesterday. There are some interesting itineraries, also of particular interest, a few of them sail from Falmouth. 

Bet they cost a packet.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We took a look at this offer last night and have decided not to book for the moment.

I thought that the prices looked a little high and when I checked the same cruise that we have booked for later this year with Princess Plus included it is 20% more next year for the same 2 weeks in the same cabin.

I just checked my 24 cruise against 23. Similar date and no deluxe left. Balcony with Princess Plus was £500 more this year, so I am happy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Interesting. My experience is also that you need to be cautious with these early prices, but I’ve ‘risked’ £2 on a Canaries cruise next year, deluxe balcony. I also priced up Britannia for earlier the same month, 2 days longer and slightly different ports. Britannia was about £100 more and included parking and £300 OBC whereas the Princess Plus package includes wifi, drinks and gratuities. DH makes use of the drinks package even if I don’t, but I enjoy the specialty coffees and mocktails etc. Not much in it but we do like Sky Princess.

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Interesting. My experience is also that you need to be cautious with these early prices, but I’ve ‘risked’ £2 on a Canaries cruise next year, deluxe balcony. I also priced up Britannia for earlier the same month, 2 days longer and slightly different ports. Britannia was about £100 more and included parking and £300 OBC whereas the Princess Plus package includes wifi, drinks and gratuities. DH makes use of the drinks package even if I don’t, but I enjoy the specialty coffees and mocktails etc. Not much in it but we do like Sky Princess.

We booked early for the Caribbean cruise on Britannia and wish we hadn't.  Its now about £700 cheaper.  No more early booking for us. 2024 could be a good year for bargains as there seem to be a good many price drops occurring.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We booked early for the Caribbean cruise on Britannia and wish we hadn't.  Its now about £700 cheaper.  No more early booking for us. 2024 could be a good year for bargains as there seem to be a good many price drops occurring.

I risked the Sep 24 Princess booking because I have until 90 days before sailing date to cancel and if I did it would cost me less than the price of a latte !

• Like 4

Just been out to vote, it’s only a 5 minute walk to the polling station. My wife and I vote for the different main parties so we cancel each other out but having the right to vote is a hard fought right so we still do so. We don’t argue about politics, she moans and expresses her opinion and I don’t respond but I know she is wrong!!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just been out to vote, it’s only a 5 minute walk to the polling station. My wife and I vote for the different main parties so we cancel each other out but having the right to vote is a hard fought right so we still do so. We don’t argue about politics, she moans and expresses her opinion and I don’t respond but I know she is wrong!!😉

I won't vote for the smug candidate, unfortunately that doesn't leave many,or no options.🤔

• Haha 7

We both have postal votes since they demolished the scout hut where we used to vote and the current venue is just a little too far and no parking.  The sitting councillor has been round reminding us how important it is to vote and asking people if they need transport to the get there.  He knows that we have used the postal votes and he also knows which party we vote for because he knows that I delivered leaflets for a member of his party.

• Like 2

Good afternoon.

Our postal votes were posted ages ago.

I had a telephone appointment this morning regarding my arthritis in my feet and have a hospital appointment arranged in a few weeks.

We cleared a lot of stuff out of our garage.

Some recycled,some rubbish and some metal put out for the rag and bone man to take away.

Our Sarah is coming to stay tomorrow and we will have a nice meal at home courtesy of M&S then on Saturday we will all watch the coronation.

I hope everyone is well.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I had a telephone appointment this morning regarding my arthritis in my feet and have a hospital appointment arranged in a few weeks.

Some recycled,some rubbish and some metal put out for the rag and bone man to take away.

Our Sarah is coming to stay tomorrow and we will have a nice meal at home courtesy of M&S then tomorrow we will all watch the coronation.

I hope everyone is well.

Have a pleasant time Graham. We thought we may watch it on Saturday.🤣.

Sorry, I misread it. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our Sarah is coming to stay tomorrow and we will have a nice meal at home courtesy of M&S then tomorrow we will all watch the coronation.

I hope everyone is well.

I hope Kalos is well and also watches it. His comments may be entertaining.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully he is enjoying a foreign holiday.

I miss his humour when he is not posting.

I recall him saying he was awaiting some test results.  If OK he was off.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Fun at my polling station this morning. It was moved from the school to the local church. I arrived at ten to nine and there was a queue. The church keyholder to the large function room had not turned up and all their stuff was locked in there. The enterprising polling officials devised a plan B. they found a largish room down a corridor and having brought their paperwork, a pencil and the ballot box with them set up in there, no booth of course, just a table at one end with the list of candidates and a pencil. Only one person allowed in at a time so lucky it was not raining. I hope nobody got stressed and needed the defibrilator locked in the large room.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our Sarah is coming to stay tomorrow and we will have a nice meal at home courtesy of M&S then on Saturday we will all watch the coronation.

I hope everyone is well.

We posted our votes too about a week ago. 

You can’t go wrong with a nice meal from

M & S, that’s probably what we will do after watching the Coronation. Hope you have a nice time with Sarah and that her back is ok.

I had to see a medical photographer today. I noticed a change to a mark on my skin last week, went to the Dr who ref me to dermatologist for a possible squamous cell carcinoma. They took photos to be examined tomorrow by Dr who will then decide what to do. I know I have been a bit quiet this week on here. I had major surgery last Friday and have been recovering, totally unrelated to the skin thing.

Hope you all have a lovely Coronation weekend whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1