P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

We posted our votes too about a week ago. 

You can’t go wrong with a nice meal from

M & S, that’s probably what we will do after watching the Coronation. Hope you have a nice time with Sarah and that her back is ok.

I had to see a medical photographer today. I noticed a change to a mark on my skin last week, went to the Dr who ref me to dermatologist for a possible squamous cell carcinoma. They took photos to be examined tomorrow by Dr who will then decide what to do. I know I have been a bit quiet this week on here. I had major surgery last Friday and have been recovering, totally unrelated to the skin thing.

Hope you all have a lovely Coronation weekend whatever you are doing

Michelle

Sending prayers 🙏 your way Michelle that the change in the mark on your skin is not serious.

Sorry to hear you had major surgery last Friday and hope everything went well and you are recovering well.

Good wishes from us both.

G&P xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The grandkids had a bit of a windfall and went off to Ibiza last weekend, with my daughter and son in law in tow and had an amazing time.  We were invited, but we very politely declined🤣

The upshot is that they have now booked us all into a hotel tomorrow for a meal, an ABBA tribute, and overnight stay.  They are such good fun to go out with that we can't wait!

I'll have to get up early on Saturday though.  I want to be seated in front of the TV with snacks, and wine before 10.00!🙃

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

M & S, that’s probably what we will do after watching the Coronation. Hope you have a nice time with Sarah and that her back is ok.

I had to see a medical photographer today. I noticed a change to a mark on my skin last week, went to the Dr who ref me to dermatologist for a possible squamous cell carcinoma. They took photos to be examined tomorrow by Dr who will then decide what to do. I know I have been a bit quiet this week on here. I had major surgery last Friday and have been recovering, totally unrelated to the skin thing.

Michelle

Best wishes for your recovery Michelle. I hope you're not in too much pain and are well-covered with painkillers. Look after yourself and take things easy. Jane xxxx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our postal votes were posted ages ago.

I had a telephone appointment this morning regarding my arthritis in my feet and have a hospital appointment arranged in a few weeks.

We cleared a lot of stuff out of our garage.

Some recycled,some rubbish and some metal put out for the rag and bone man to take away.

Our Sarah is coming to stay tomorrow and we will have a nice meal at home courtesy of M&S then on Saturday we will all watch the coronation.

I hope everyone is well.

Dear Graham and Pauline. I hope you have a lovely time with Sarah and enjoy the Coronation together. I'll be watching every minute of it. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

The upshot is that they have now booked us all into a hotel tomorrow for a meal, an ABBA tribute, and overnight stay.  They are such good fun to go out with that we can't wait!

It is a good job ABBA had Bjorn and Benny and not Steve and Dennis or they would have been ASDA.

• Haha 14

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Dear Graham and Pauline. I hope you have a lovely time with Sarah and enjoy the Coronation together. I'll be watching every minute of it. Best wishes. Jane xxx

Thank you for your lovely message Jane.

I hope you have a lovely day on Saturday and enjoy the coronation.

Love from Pauline,Sarah and myself.

Graham xx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Hope your results come back OK and wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have finally had a phone call from the oncologist's secretary (I have been chasing them for the last three weeks) and have a telephone consultation with the doctor on Wednesday morning. Talk about cutting it fine for our cruise, although I still don't know if we will be going up by train due to the strikes, but do have a plan B.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have finally had a phone call from the oncologist's secretary (I have been chasing them for the last three weeks) and have a telephone consultation with the doctor on Wednesday morning. Talk about cutting it fine for our cruise, although I still don't know if we will be going up by train due to the strikes, but do have a plan B.

Glad to hear progress has finally been made and you are getting a telephone consultation. Hope all moves forward for you quickly 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Just been out to vote, it’s only a 5 minute walk to the polling station. My wife and I vote for the different main parties so we cancel each other out but having the right to vote is a hard fought right so we still do so. We don’t argue about politics, she moans and expresses her opinion and I don’t respond but I know she is wrong!!😉

My father had a wicked sense of humour.

At election time... He quite often did a deal with folks that... as his and their votes would cancel each other out that neither should bother to visit the polling station.

Thing was that he would make the same "deal' with as many people as possible for the same election. 😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I'm so pleased you finally have a telephone consult on Wednesday. I hope you get some clearer answers regarding the next steps and especially regarding your cruise. Best wishes to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our team had a good result bowling tonight.  It was at a green that we have never won on previously but we won this evening so a little celebrating in a pub close to where we played.

Now home with getting warm with a nice glass of wine.

My plan for Saturday is to get up early to do my housework and then to spend the rest of the day watching to Coronation coverage on the TV.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

to do my housework and then to spend the rest of the day watching to Coronation coverage on the TV.

NAH... My plan would be to forget the first bit of the above, have some wine then watch the TV all day!!😇😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Going to Sainsbury's today. Might buy some coronation chicken sarnie filler as my celebration of the event. late morning tomorrow looks good for shopping with the buses running normally and all the shops open.

• Like 3

We’ll have the TV on most of the day tomorrow but we probably won’t sit down and watch the whole thing from start to finish. I’ll be hiding behind the sofa for Sky Sports Premier League broadcast at 3pm. 

• Like 6

I think what many people do will be determined by what others do. We can’t have a street party because we live on a Close 🥴.

Never mind, we will be at our static caravan in North Wales where no doubt everybody will be celebrating the elevation of their Prince to the monarchy (apart from Ardennais who I presume is from another part of Wales).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Going to Sainsbury's today. Might buy some coronation chicken sarnie filler as my celebration of the event. late morning tomorrow looks good for shopping with the buses running normally and all the shops open.

Don't go shopping in Central London on Saturday.

• Haha 7

Good Morning All

@purplesea. Glad to hear you've finally heard something Pam - due largely to your own efforts in chasing them it must be said. I hope the consult is helpful and there is a firm plan in place after you've spoken - and you don't need to use Plan B. Good luck.

Well I'm off to Southwold in a couple of hours. I'll post while I'm away if I've got wi-fi but if not I'll see you all on my return. If @kalos reappears in my absence please can someone send him my best and tell him how much we've missed his funnies.

So, the Coronation is nearly here, and to all those who care, enjoy every minute. To those who don't, enjoy the empty shops.

Take care everyone and best wishes to all. Jane xxxx

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

@purplesea. Glad to hear you've finally heard something Pam - due largely to your own efforts in chasing them it must be said. I hope the consult is helpful and there is a firm plan in place after you've spoken - and you don't need to use Plan B. Good luck.

Well I'm off to Southwold in a couple of hours. I'll post while I'm away if I've got wi-fi but if not I'll see you all on my return. If @kalos reappears in my absence please can someone send him my best and tell him how much we've missed his funnies.

So, the Coronation is nearly here, and to all those who care, enjoy every minute. To those who don't, enjoy the empty shops.

Take care everyone and best wishes to all. Jane xxxx

Enjoy Southwold, a lovely place to get a bit of sea air. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1