P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Met up with my cousin yesterday, it has been over 60 years since our first meeting, I was 2, he was 20, needless to say I don’t remember. We had quite a bit to chat about and together with my more recently discovered Cousin once removed we had a long chat about family histories, stories from our childhood and later years, the time flew by so quickly, but we plan to met up again in the future. 

If the 3 of us hadn’t been researching our respective ancestries then it’s unlikely we would have got back in touch. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We took our dear Sarah out for a late lunch today.

IMG_20230819_153149.jpg

We had a beefeater voucher. We had ribs. No photo, but if you imagine a bone with meat still on it and smothered in sauce, you will get the picture. We had chips. If you imagine a potato cut into little bits and.........  🤣

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had a beefeater voucher. We had ribs. No photo, but if you imagine a bone with meat still on it and smothered in sauce, you will get the picture. We had chips. If you imagine a potato cut into little bits and.........  🤣

You know the rules Zapp...

No pictures, it didn't happen😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

What a shame you didn't post any pictures.

Some people appreciate seeing food pictures.🤓

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sorry but due to lack of description, I'm  struggling imagining what your Beefeater voucher

looks like .So I guess as Andy said "No photo ....🤣"

I’m trying to get a photographic memory but its still developing.🙃

As for photo's of food  Graham is right ,loads of people and I like looking at them .

Walk down any seafront in the Med  past the cafe's and people gather to look at  the 

food menu photo's . Everyone stops to look once in a while , Even you ? 🙂🤣

Have a good day ,Come on Millie &co ..You can do it 😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Can I risk flak from some  of you, in saying that lots of photos of fish and chips are  not very exciting- unless you can say that they were particularly good, and/or cheap, and from such and such a pub or restaurant,  which could be helpful to others?  Otherwise, it is just are they with beans or peas. (Or even  some salad, if we are being a bit posh).  Most of us love them, but we do know what they look like.

• Like 5

It’s the last day of my Saga cruise on Spririt of Adventure, sailing back from Invergordon to Dover.

I have largely enjoyed it, but there’s a couple of things that I haven’t enjoyed so much, mostly linked to the way Saga do things. But I’m very aware that this is a personal preference thing, and other people may love it.  

However, I will be pleased to get home, as the last few days have been a bit of an endurance test for me. Firstly I had a reoccurrence of an irritating eye problem that I thought had gone away. Then when  that got better, on Friday night I started showing signs of a ‘respiratory illness’.  I don’t know if it’s you know what, as I didn’t bring any tests, and reading the Saga info, there’s no requirement to report for testing. So I’ve spent most of my time in my cabin, in order to avoid spreading it and all I want to do is sleep anyway. All I fancy eating is fruit, so I’m not really eating much.

I feel a bit better this morning, but will probably have a snooze shortly, ahead of the football.

It’s the first cold I’ve had for 5 and a half years, so I haven’t missed that aspect of cruising. 

When I get home and feel better I will do a report for P&O cruisers who may be thinking of trying Saga 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Can I risk flak from some  of you, in saying that lots of photos of fish and chips are  not very exciting- unless you can say that they were particularly good, and/or cheap, and from such and such a pub or restaurant,  which could be helpful to others?  Otherwise, it is just are they with beans or peas. (Or even  some salad, if we are being a bit posh).  Most of us love them, but we do know what they look like.

No flack from me but lets think out of the box for one moment .

Imagine some of the excellent live reviews we have on this site .

Why put photos on of your meals ? We all know what a breakfast on a cruise ship looks like .

Why nice sunsets if at home or at sea ? We know what they look like too.

Just my opinion but photos ,they add a little more depth to our posts .

If I were to go on a cruise in a few weeks ,should I be thinking ...

I won't take any photos as we all know what the ship ,food, venues ,hotels etc look like ?

Sad day when that happens but each to their own and if it disinterested me that much 

I would simply just scroll by being the easiest option .

Just my thoughts ,each to their own .

Take care 🙂

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Arrived in Belfast this morning, quite a lot getting off as the cruise started here. We missed tobermorey yesterday as it was quite choppy, the captain announced force ten but it didn't seem that bad or the ship handled it well. Last day for us and we will be sorry to leave tomorrow. This is our third ambassador cruise and we will cruise with them again, we have seen a few cruises that meet our needs.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Why put photos on of your meals ? We all know what a breakfast on a cruise ship looks like .

I won't take any photos as we all know what the ship ,food, venues ,hotels etc look like ?

Sad day when that happens but each to their own and if it disinterested me that much 

Take care 🙂

Poor Dermotsgirl is feeling a bit crook and doesn't feel like eating. Just think.. sitting in your stateroom looking at Graham's foodie pics whilst nibbling on a rich tea biscuit will help on the journey back to that Dover.🤣🐬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes - on reflection maybe I should have said it is lovely to see the setting and the people enjoying the dish, and I am truly only referring to a picture of a simple plateful of fish and chips; love looking at the interesting dishes on cruises, and the scenery and sunsets etc. of course.  Although I do think my post made that clear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Yes - on reflection maybe I should have said it is lovely to see the setting and the people enjoying the dish, and I am truly only referring to a picture of a simple plateful of fish and chips; love looking at the interesting dishes on cruises, and the scenery and sunsets etc. of course.  Although I do think my post made that clear.

Lots to learn from those pics. 2 plates of fish and chips.......no beans. One of the group had a sandwich ...very healthy option, but with chips...red wine with cod ?. Not to mention the outstanding setting. Looks like a very nice plaice.🤣

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s the last day of my Saga cruise on Spririt of Adventure, sailing back from Invergordon to Dover.

I have largely enjoyed it, but there’s a couple of things that I haven’t enjoyed so much, mostly linked to the way Saga do things. But I’m very aware that this is a personal preference thing, and other people may love it.  

However, I will be pleased to get home, as the last few days have been a bit of an endurance test for me. Firstly I had a reoccurrence of an irritating eye problem that I thought had gone away. Then when  that got better, on Friday night I started showing signs of a ‘respiratory illness’.  I don’t know if it’s you know what, as I didn’t bring any tests, and reading the Saga info, there’s no requirement to report for testing. So I’ve spent most of my time in my cabin, in order to avoid spreading it and all I want to do is sleep anyway. All I fancy eating is fruit, so I’m not really eating much.

I feel a bit better this morning, but will probably have a snooze shortly, ahead of the football.

It’s the first cold I’ve had for 5 and a half years, so I haven’t missed that aspect of cruising. 

When I get home and feel better I will do a report for P&O cruisers who may be thinking of trying Saga 

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lincslady said:

This thread is from our Daily Lives experiences and 

What are things like where you are?.is the title.

Most of us mention the weather and where we have been to be it shopping,coffee in a cafe,meal in a restaurant, meeting friends, going on a holiday/cruise.

All pretty mundane stuff which has welded us together for over 3 years.

Once we stop posting our Daily events this P&O thread becomes

Irrelevant.

Graham 

• Like 20

40 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hope you feel better soon and I look forward to reading that report.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Typo
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, lincslady said:

OK, apologies for offending.  I will keep quiet for a while, as I don't like upsetting anyone, least of all the nice people on this thread.

Don't be gone too long. Here's a pic to keep you going.🤣

20230418_092417.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

Take care 🙂

I enjoy all the cruise photos and reviews. The ships, the ports and the food. They bring back a lot of good memories. Many times I think to myself ' Oh I'd forgotten that' or 'I remember that place, it was lovely.

I never get tired of them and often re-read the personal onboard reviews. Just like opening a photo album.

Keep them all coming.

Avril

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I enjoy all the cruise photos and reviews. The ships, the ports and the food. They bring back a lot of good memories. Many times I think to myself ' Oh I'd forgotten that' or 'I remember that place, it was lovely.

I never get tired of them and often re-read the personal onboard reviews. Just like opening a photo album.

Keep them all coming.

Avril

I agree, I love all the reports and photos so keep them coming 

Michelle

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I've always enjoyed the food photographs but having been lectured by the doctor a month ago and put into an NHS/Council run health support group to prevent heart problems and pre diabetes in the over 60's I'm suffering food envy instead!

I now automatically look at everything in a picture or on a menu and add up the calorie content, how sad is that.  I love fish and chips but now see it disappearing over the horizon never to be had again by me so salivate at every picture!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hope you feel better soon. My friend who I went out with on Thursday evening has a “cough”, I have no “cough” at the moment 

Michelle

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Take care 🙂

Well said Kalos.

I absolutely agree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1