P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone in hot sweaty uk , hope you’re all keeping safe and cool.

Yesterday we were in Barcelona  we got of the ship at 8.30 and the temperature was ok first thing, we walked many miles today along las Ramblers and a trip into the Boquirea market which was a slight and wonderful smell experience, we then started to walk to the gothic part of the city and further on but for some reason my heal was very sore and getting more and more painful as the day went on so we decided to go back to the market and have some lunch there which was good. The weather was getting quite hot now and I was happy my husband brought my fan , some pictures of the market offerings. Tonight’s dinner was a little disappointing only because of what I chose because my husband’s was fine , he had chicken pot pie and I had liver & onions , but the best thing was we had lots of dolphins swimming by as we sat and had dinner. 
All the evening shows have been good in the theatre so far and even our cruise director Dan  can certainly bang out an opera song . 
Some pics of the market and a little health & safety one . 

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

I loved going around La Boquirea the colourful sights of the produce, the smell and the sound of a bustling market, also an opportunity to practice my Spanish.

• Like 9

Yesterday we were in Barcelona  we got of the ship at 8.30 and the temperature was ok first thing, we walked many miles today along las Ramblers and a trip into the Boquirea market which was a slight and wonderful smell experience, we then started to walk to the gothic part of the city and further on but for some reason my heal was very sore and getting more and more painful as the day went on so we decided to go back to the market and have some lunch there which was good. The weather was getting quite hot now and I was happy my husband brought my fan , some pictures of the market offerings. Tonight’s dinner was a little disappointing only because of what I chose because my husband’s was fine , he had chicken pot pie and I had liver & onions , but the best thing was we had lots of dolphins swimming by as we sat and had dinner. 
All the evening shows have been good in the theatre so far and even our cruise director Dan  can certainly bang out an opera song . 

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Fabulous photos!! My favourite city!! Hope your heel is ok

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Amazing photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18c and thickly overcast here at the moment. Forecast for yesterday and today was for full sun but yesterday was also mostly cloudy here although reading on here just ‘up the road’ in Stoke it was sunny, it still got up to 27c so actually quite pleasant.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Lovely photos. We enjoyed a wander around the market when we were there. 

Hope your heel is feeling better today. 

• Like 4

Just a bit cloudy 21.c but with 27.c on the horizon it's going to be a bright day .

Talking of brightening things up ..

The wife asked hubby if he'd put the Wheelie bin out ?
He said "Not yet, I'll do it later ".
She then asked" what about the cat?"
.... "I'll ask him but I don't think he's strong enough to push it!" 🤣

Here's one for all you ladies who go cruising ,leaving your man at home in charge ☹️

She asks her husband, "How’s my cat doing?"
The husband says, "The cat’s dead."
The woman’s upset and says, "Well, you could have broken the news to me when I got home. I can’t enjoy my cruise now. You could’ve just said a little white lie, like the cat’s on the roof and you can’t get her down."

"Okay, Okay  I’m sorry," says the husband, "I’ll remember that."
The woman says, "Anyway, how’s my mother doing?"
The husband says, " Ah ..Your mother’s on the shed roof and we can’t get her down either."😉🤣

Have a good weekend and take care 🙂

• Haha 16

I’m currently sitting in the garden cowering in the shade as it’s really hot again. Avoiding the patio as it gets full sunshine and it’s just too hot, not that I’m complaining. Brilliant for September.

I spent the day making winter preserves yesterday so today just lazing around and the mung bean stew is all prepared for dinner. I made a large batch as my nephew loves it too so he gets a couple of portions as a healthy frozen take away.

I tend to make veggie most of the week so I’ll make OH a nice venison dish over the weekend. Various cuts in the freezer. And as ever at this time of the year apple something for pudding to use up the glut of apples.

Hope you are all enjoying a nice day in the sun.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m currently sitting in the garden cowering in the shade as it’s really hot again. Avoiding the patio as it gets full sunshine and it’s just too hot, not that I’m complaining. Brilliant for September.

I spent the day making winter preserves yesterday so today just lazing around and the mung bean stew is all prepared for dinner. I made a large batch as my nephew loves it too so he gets a couple of portions as a healthy frozen take away.

I tend to make veggie most of the week so I’ll make OH a nice venison dish over the weekend. Various cuts in the freezer. And as ever at this time of the year apple something for pudding to use up the glut of apples.

Hope you are all enjoying a nice day in the sun.

Same here, too hot to sit on patio at back of house as faces south and shade temp currently just over 33C. Can’t sit on the area at the bottom of the garden as currently occupied by raised bed and bags of soil which relate to my new raised bed which I have had to stop installing as it’s too hot for physical work. 

IMG_1766.jpeg

• Like 9

We went out for lunch the fish and chips were delicious.

When we got home there was a nice surprise,  a very nice gesture from the car dealership to apologise for the awful service that I  had when I picked up the new car. 

will still never buy another car from that dealership  though.20230908_134200.thumb.jpg.f5662458402d7429d76ac7e0ed0b0d43.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 13

Was foggy first thing after overnight rain. It did clear up and become sunny but has become overcast is is feeling very muggy. Just noticed that we also have a weather warning for thunderstorms.

Went out this morning over to Mum's, as I was taking her out to get her currency for our cruise next week, but ended up taking a detour. Set off on my normal route and got through the two sets of road work and two villages to come across 'road closed' sign, turned around and headed the long way round through town and then down to her village. Arrived at her village to find the road closed, but I could have accessed her road if I had continued along my previous route. Anyway I parked my car and walked through the village to Mum's. Collected Mum and pushed her in her wheelchair up through the village, and up the hill where my car was parked. On the return journey I took the long way round to access her road, only to find that they had opened the road through the village and I could have driven through. 😡 

• Like 9

🎵 The heat is on 🎵 Innit hot ?  🙂 Still 27.c here .

Sat sweltering ,so thought I would research other cruisers ,that are different  and 

has to be cheap but VIP  for us with private boat transfers, that are cheap also .

This has to be a winner at 12$  about under a tenner  .Amazing value  if you ignore 

the dead cow .

On a hot summers night , you could watch a lot worse films 🙃

https://youtu.be/DLlMw64QocA?si=TDjHy3vLB7wF_EFx

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same here, lovely. Spare a thought for the staff at Greggs, they must be baking. 

As I walked past the shops most folks agreed it was great weather ,apart from 

that miserable git working in the sunbed shop .

Trouble is people don't seem equipped to cope with heat like we did in the 70's.

Hardest  part was deciding which colour was the coolest ?

Make-Your-Own-Ice-Pops.jpg.3afedd4c5972b02e062fc28316351d36.jpg      Happy days 😉🙂

• Haha 9

Only me again ,19.c at 4am ,got up and decided to have a tea in my slippers , think I

will go back to using a mug for the next one .

I like reading the papers headlines .  I've read that the only clue they have for the escaped convict  is a fellow inmate said "He's an odd sausage. "  Going on this police are searching Richmond park .

Early mornings you get to think about things ,like how come I never get invites to fancy dress

parties anymore ,not that it bothers me as I would rather be myself anyway.

Will glass coffins ever become popular ? ,,, Remains to be seen . 

Also things like, how come miss Universe is always won by someone from Earth ?

Did you know Gary Numan is actually 13 days older than Gary Oldman.

I've even sat here trying to think up a new colour that does not exist but gave up as 

I realised it would only be a pigment of my imagination 🙃😉

Off to make a cup of tea again ,have a nice day .🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 17