P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

I hope its ok to post on here as you all seem so close, I have followed you all for months and longed to join in.

I fully empathise with your Sarah Graham as I had a similar relationship with my own parents. I was never good enough. 96% in exams, why didn't I get 100%.? 

After my mum passed in 2007 only my dad had lost someone . . . I could write a book but I refuse to let it destroy or define me!!

I'm a young at heart 62 year old dog crazy, cruise lover and I really hope it's OK to join this thread?

Julie Xx

Of course it is, delighted to have people join in the conversation. You are most welcome.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

I hope its ok to post on here as you all seem so close, I have followed you all for months and longed to join in.

I fully empathise with your Sarah Graham as I had a similar relationship with my own parents. I was never good enough. 96% in exams, why didn't I get 100%.? 

After my mum passed in 2007 only my dad had lost someone . . . I could write a book but I refuse to let it destroy or define me!!

I'm a young at heart 62 year old dog crazy, cruise lover and I really hope it's OK to join this thread?

Julie Xx

It is absolutely fine Julie and welcome. I think sometimes these threads seem a bit clicky as lots of us seem to have been here forever and know each others back story. Even then we do not always agree with each other. Dive in whenever you please.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I did put other day to Avril that Nationwide would cover me through (UK) as 

they use now ,when I checked online but when I went on Aviva they do not cover 

my condition..

I dont think any of us know what the medical cover the new underwriter will be offering, I am fairly certain that UK Insurance offer a much better deal to NW customers than they do on most of the companies within their own group. So I am hoping Aviva will follow suit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie Xx

Welcome to the CC forum. 
Are you a dog Mama? I have a crazy cockapoo!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

That's great news Graham. Even if you're expecting an "all clear" it's still a relief to have it confirmed by a Consultant. Happy for you. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

Graham xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the very warm welcome, it really is appreciated. 

My 2 favourite topics are cruises and dogs! I've never known life without a dog and currently am the devoted servant to Poppy Patterdale!!

We have only ever cruised P & O so far (20 plus cruises to date, it never concerns me how many weve done only how many more we have booked!!)

Alongside numerous P & O cruises we also have a Cunard TA booked in November and a Princess round Britain next year.

• Like 18

28 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie Xx

Thank you Julie for your kind words.

I'm pleased you have decided to post and you are extremely welcome here.

Looking forward to seeing you post regularly.

Best wishes.

Graham xx

• Like 12

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Julie for your kind words.

I'm pleased you have decided to post and you are extremely welcome here.

Looking forward to seeing you post regularly.

Best wishes.

Graham xx

Thank you so much Graham, I can't tell you how much your words mean  xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pepper was my soul mate, I was lucky enough to share his life for 16 years 2 months and 10 days after finding him abandoned on Winter Hill near Bolton back in 2004.

We now live in Whaley Bridge in the High Peak, Derbyshire with the lovely lunatic Poppy Patterdale (who we adopted in 2020 aged 7 months).

Next cruise is Aurora 22nd June xx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good news for Graham - I am pleased for you

Jane - hopefully a better sleep tonight, now you are more used to the idea of something not quite right (but hopefully it can just sit there without bothering you

Julie - hello and welcome

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Pepper was my soul mate, I was lucky enough to share his life for 16 years 2 months and 10 days after finding him abandoned on Winter Hill near Bolton back in 2004.

We now live in Whaley Bridge in the High Peak, Derbyshire with the lovely lunatic Poppy Patterdale (who we adopted in 2020 aged 7 months).

I hope you have a fantastic cruise on Aurora.

Aurora was our first P&O cruise in October 2003.

I had booked Aurora for the 4 nights Easter cruise well over a year ago when it was going to Amsterdam.

When it changed itinerary to Rotterdam we changed the cruise to a 7 night cruise on Iona March 30th-April 6th which I posted photos from last Sunday.

Graham x

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont think any of us know what the medical cover the new underwriter will be offering, I am fairly certain that UK Insurance offer a much better deal to NW customers than they do on most of the companies within their own group. So I am hoping Aviva will follow suit.

Fair point but as a guide ,they did not want to cover my HF and I would be happy for 

them to have a change of heart (excuse the pun ).

I was giving Avril a heads up on my condition . Thinking outside the box in Franks 

case ,does Avril want breakdown cover ? Phone cover ? At a guess No, she wants 

travel insurance but probably not opening a flex account that costs £15 pm plus

other costs , if and that's the "if " they decide not to cover ? All that to be possibly 

turned away at renewal by Aviva .

Me personally will wait until Aviva take over ,that will take the guess work out

for me personally .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That made me laugh Graham, I've tried to go to Amsterdam 3 times so far but the itineraries have always changed and I feel I'm destined never to go there!

To date we've sailed on all the current fleet with the exception of Aurora so June will see that box ticked!

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a fantastic cruise on Aurora.

Aurora was our first P&O cruise in October 2003.

I had booked Aurora for the 4 nights Easter cruise well over a year ago when it was going to Amsterdam.

When it changed itinerary to Rotterdam we changed the cruise to a 7 night cruise on Iona March 30th-April 6th which I posted photos from last Sunday.

Graham x

After Aurora we are on Ventura 31st August with 4 friends we met on Arcadia back in 2016 on her Worldie  last leg San Francisco to Southampton.

Then it's Azura 26th September for my husbands 70th birthday (he has no idea about this cruise and that's the way I intend it to stay until the last minute!!)

November is the QM2 TA and then Azura for Christmas and New Year!

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

Fair point but as a guide ,they did not want to cover my HF and I would be happy for 

them to have a change of heart (excuse the pun ).

I was giving Avril a heads up on my condition . Thinking outside the box in Franks 

case ,does Avril want breakdown cover ? Phone cover ? At a guess No, she wants 

travel insurance but probably not opening a flex account that costs £15 pm plus

other costs , if and that's the "if " they decide not to cover ? All that to be possibly 

turned away at renewal by Aviva .

Me personally will wait until Aviva take over ,that will take the guess work out

for me personally .

You are correct Kalos.  A good travel insurance with cruise cover is all we need, no bells and whistles.

You know me so well😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie Xx

Hello Julie. You shouldn't have waited so long to join in. Welcome to the CC family.😊

Avril

• Like 11

Thanks Avril, sometimes the 1st step is the hardest! I'm really glad I took it though and yes I now wonder why I waited so long!!

My heartfelt thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome.

Julie xx

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

That made me laugh Graham, I've tried to go to Amsterdam 3 times so far but the itineraries have always changed and I feel I'm destined never to go there!

To date we've sailed on all the current fleet with the exception of Aurora so June will see that box ticked!

After Aurora we are on Ventura 31st August with 4 friends we met on Arcadia back in 2016 on her Worldie  last leg San Francisco to Southampton.

Then it's Azura 26th September for my husbands 70th birthday (he has no idea about this cruise and that's the way I intend it to stay until the last minute!!)

November is the QM2 TA and then Azura for Christmas and New Year!

Wow nice to see you have all those cruises to look forward to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

I hope your mam is doing well.

Graham 

Glad everything was good for you today Graham.

My mum is doing really well, she is pretty much back to where she was. I am so relieved, she is even talking about going shopping for new clothes for her holiday(a woman thing I presume) 

Michelle

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

They are a lovely bunch and are very supportive and offer an almost 24 hour service .

Handy  recipes ,hints and tips like "Never look at the sun directly" you need good 

sunglasses . Don't do like I did and use a colander, I did but it strained my eyes 🙃

Welcome Julie ,look forward to your posts 😀

• Haha 15

Hello Julie.  A very warm welcome to the forum. You will find many friends (and a lot of dog lovers) on here and you will feel at home straight away. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

When we had travel insurance with our bank - barclays - they wouldn't cover us for our cancer. Aviva are their underwriters. We were thinking about changing our bank as our local branch has closed and were looking at nationwide. When we heard aviva would be their underwriters we didn't bother. We are now with all-clear. £1800 for the both of us for 12 months. Only includes europe but it was cheaper than keep paying individually. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Glad everything was good for you today Graham.

My mum is doing really well, she is pretty much back to where she was. I am so relieved, she is even talking about going shopping for new clothes for her holiday(a woman thing I presume) 

Michelle

That is wonderful news about your dear mam Michelle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Julie, I am more of a lurker than a poster (do post occasionally)but I do read this every day and feel like a part of the cc family also a dog lover I have a bolder collie who was 14 yesterday, he still loves his walks doesn’t matter what the weather. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Peppers mum said:

Don't trust em Julie, they are a bunch of charlatans who draw you in with tales of Stoke on Trent, terrible jokes and pictures of food...😢

I'm joking of course, they really are a fantastic bunch who I will be forever grateful to for their support and laughs during difficult times. 

I only check in occasionally these days as cannot keep up with the thread, but still like to see how they are all doing. 

Welcome to the madhouse... 😂

Andy 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

A warm welcome Julie , at last you took the leap of faith and joined in after such a long time lurker, I think we have a lovely bunch of people on here all of different backgrounds and experiences to share with everyone who cares to read and join in , i have learned so much since I joined and they all feel like my long lost extended family on this chat , I check in every morning and night to see how everyone is doing.

• Like 12