P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I agree. It really isn’t a “song” contest now. It’s about everything else!

I wonder how much licence payers money is wasted on this every year.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Gosh yes - I remember it well.  I disembarked Arvia this morning and am now getting near to halfway home on the long trek to Glasgow on the coach.  My first try on one of the “biggies” and I must say I’m very impressed.  Loved having the bigger choice of dining venues and thought the  ship overall was lovely.   The Headliners’ shows were excellent and the staff helpful and friendly.   I can’t really find anything to fault.  Hope you are all having a good Sunday. 

We were on the same cruise. Only complaint was...I didn't find a duck. We ate in most of the restaurants and the MDR only three times, but the MDR food was superb. The app worked well also. Most enjoyable cruise.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, vitrocmax said:

All clear now, we're moving again thankfully. There were just 2 cars involved and the damage, although significant enough to block  the M1 it looked like the occupants were ok.

Driver has revised the arrival time to nearer 4.30, which is the all aboard time.

Relax . Just look forward to your cruise. We got off this morning from a very enjoyable fortnight on Arvia.

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I wonder how much licence payers money is wasted on this every year.

Probably about as much as is “ wasted” on soaps I never watch, overpaid sports presenters I never watch etc etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, vitrocmax said:

On our way to Arvia, stuck in traffic on the M1 at Leicester Forest because of an accident. 

Of course I I hope all is well with regard to those in the accident,  I also hope you are soon on your way to Arvia.

Keep us informed.

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Probably about as much as is “ wasted” on soaps I never watch, overpaid sports presenters I never watch etc etc.

I am told that soaps are very important. On Arvia that had the sky chanel showing football..There was a bloke telling folk what they could have seen if they were watching it themselves..Well the ball came in from the right..if the strikers head had made contact, it could have been a goal, just like the one he didn't get earlier.......What.🤔🤔

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

And of course there was Andy Stewart and the northern lights of old Aberdeen.

That was one of the songs trotted out every single new year by someone during the “ wan singer, wan song” part of the festivities.

I remember"Donald where's your troosers".

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

I'm not a Eurovision fan at all but I thought I'd watch it last night as I like Olly Alexander. Big mistake. I was embarrassed. Poor chap may just have scuppered his future career - I hope not because I think he's a talented guy. When did Eurovision become so politicised and sexualised - it's horrible! The best ever Eurovision for me was the year (2004?) when Michael Flatley was the half- time act. Anyone remember that?

@Angel57 Gill - sorry to hear Freddie's not well. I hope his indigestion passes quickly. Ted sends his best wishes to Freddie as well as me.

Very hot here today but I gather tomorrow is set for heavy rain. Who knows.

Have a great day everyone. Be well. Jane xx

Good luck to the Gooners today Jane.I want to see one eyebrow red and white and the other claret and blue next week😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I remember"Donald where's your troosers".

Yes another favourite along with the Roads and the Miles to Dundee, the dark island and the song of the Clyde (modern folks think that rappers sing fast, try that song for speed and tongue twisting).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

.There was a bloke telling folk what they could have seen if they were watching it themselves..

They should have seen us play in our younger days.

The pitch was shocking, hardly any grass, more stone and gravel but we still won on aggregate 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Good afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon we had to make a detour to our local beach because the main route was cordoned off by the Police and coastguard.

We heard a loud bang and I just found out it was an unexploded bomb found on a quiet part of the beach about 1 mile from where we usually sit.

It was detonated underwater by the bombsquad.

• Like 17

I've just recieved an e mail from CC advertising nude cruises.Activities include body painting of all things.I wonder if they offer a free ironing service.

• Haha 22

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I've just recieved an e mail from CC advertising nude cruises.Activities include body painting of all things.I wonder if they offer a free ironing service.

I sincerely hope so😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Afternoon all, it’s been a lovely warm and sunny weekend here at last! Yesterday we went to one of my favourite places, Broadstairs. Had a lovely lunch sitting outside and then went for a walk and noticed there were lots of people looking down at the beach, we went to look and found they were filming something with Dua Lipa! Don’t know if it was a music video or what! We then had an ice cream by the bandstand but had to leave earlier than we would have liked as we were visiting mum. Wish we’d said we were going today now! 
Very small but Dua is in the black walking up the beach! 

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

We half stayed up last night watching the EV and finished watching it this morning and I really don’t understand why most of these acts they wear hardly any clothes and it’s turning into a sexual show with all their moves , call me old fashioned but why do we have to see men’s buttocks bending over and thrusting all over the place and as for the uk one ! No wonder it got 0 public points , my favourite was France , but I suppose we all got our views 🤔

Last time I recall watching in full was 1981 when Bucks Fizz won. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes I liked France, particularly the a acapello part. The Portuguese balled was nice too.

The Spanish leather nappies were indeed off putting as was the windows man sans anything!

The Croatian one was catchy so no surprise it got the majority of the public vote.

Graeme Norton mentioned all the near nudity as well. Not required and doesn’t add anything to the music (says the Grumpy, opinionated old woman from Scotland).

This middle-aged woman from Wales agrees! 

The UK entry was seedy and sleazy and deserved what it got. 

I voted for France. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Good luck to the Gooners today Jane.I want to see one eyebrow red and white and the other claret and blue next week😉.

Yay! I've got the colours ready Brian - watch this space. Jane xx

• Like 2

Thanks Graham. It was a bit tense but they did it. We've now got to hope that our dear friends (!) at Spurs do us a huge favour against city midweek. Anything's possible. Jane xx

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Graham. It was a bit tense but they did it. We've now got to hope that our dear friends (!) at Spurs do us a huge favour against city midweek. Anything's possible. Jane xx

🙏🤞

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is Mother's Day in Canada and the US and I saw this posted on a thread.

IMG_0486.jpeg.898fcd14b2c0321f2c4cfc9f2b2ee478.jpeg

And today is Mothers Day in Australia, our middle son now lives in Australia and my wife got a card and flowers during this week so she gets 2 Mothers Days a year 🌸

• Like 7