P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have always had great cruises on her but she does feel very dated to me, it always takes me a few days to get into it... 

Yet to us Andy, it always feels like coming home. We've missed her💔

Avril

• Like 4

Anyone having problems posting at present.  My computer seems to have gone back to posting with all sorts of other things appearing as well.  I cannot even "like" other posts or report a problem to admins.

EDIT

Looks like it may just have resolved itself as this posted normally.  Was not working at all earlier.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tring said:

Anyone having problems posting at present.  My computer seems to have gone back to posting with all sorts of other things appearing as well.  I cannot even "like" other posts or report a problem to admins.

Yes, been having problems for weeks. I have to log out and in to use “like” and when I try to quote it sometimes shows the whole page.

You are not the only one having issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Yes, been having problems for weeks. I have to log out and in to use “like” and when I try to quote it sometimes shows the whole page.

You are not the only one having issues.

Thanks, same was happening to me.  I tried logging out and in again earlier and did not help, but I logged out and left it quite a while before logging back in recently and is working ok now.  Not sure if that was just chance though.  I had problems a few weeks ago and Jean kept reporting problems, but system been working well for me since then until today. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Posting, and “Liking” is a very hit and miss affair and has been so for a good while.  2 or 3 months maybe?

I can post something or like something, and then a moment later when I go to like another post it’s not working. Then a minute later it’s working again. It is better than it was, sometimes it would be days before I could post 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That’s a shame, as she is my favourite ship. Hopefully she’ll get some TLC before her return to service.

However, I have niggling thoughts that they’ll think twice about returning another ship to service in the current situation, which would not be good for Aurora’s long term prospects

Our favourite ship too. Do hope your thoughts don't become reality as we have three cruises booked on her! 

• Like 1

Q: How many group members does it take to change a light bulb?
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
15 to say "can't share"
2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"
36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on cc and take their dogs for a walk instead.*****
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hopefully she is in Southampton for a spruce up, certainly looked like she needed it. 

Not my favourite ship but definitely Michelle's... 

We have always had great cruises on her but she does feel very dated to me, it always takes me a few days to get into it... 

Andy 

What's dated to some is classic elegance to others Andy - which is in no way a criticism of your post or thoughts...

• Like 5

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
15 to say "can't share"
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

🤣🤣🤣 A golden oldie!  It doesn’t lose its appeal.  In a similar vein 

How many Spanish men does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just Juan! 💡 

Edited by Eddie99
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Are we all getting pop up ads for P&O and a certain TA ? Disappointing.

No.  Nothing pops up here.  Using Safari on my iPad and/or iPhone 

There are static banner ads at the top of the page and, iirc, little ads down the RH side, atop the members’ pics

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
15 to say "can't share"

They're all wrong.Technically they're called lamps.

• Haha 1

Good morning everyone from cloudy but still warm from fuerteventura, today is our last day here so a packing and cleaning up day today , yesterday we went to Ajuy caves which wasn’t really a good idea with my bad knee which I really hurt on New Year’s Eve falling down the marble stairs in the apartment which I had done 5 times and my husband 3 times , not far down but just the last step which is very deceiving so only about 2 foot high but done a lot of damage to my knee which I thought would be ok now but it isn’t so a visit to doctor/hospital when I get home , nice knowing we don’t have to be tested when leaving here so that’s saved us €120  , so just a few photos of the caves because I couldn’t make it all the way up and round the other side , and this morning woke up to this monster outside our window blocking my light 🥴

19B6AFA3-BD4F-4E00-ADE3-3D5CA3414522.jpeg

1121B8B1-B75A-4771-B69C-5BE1B74C96CF.jpeg

1F366E87-98BE-4657-933F-44C58AB63E95.jpeg

35A0A37F-1C74-4787-AF6E-F66729B0FB86.jpeg

BBC332AF-77C6-4EE5-943F-C1B24AF747DF.jpeg

8BBCFFB0-11D9-40C3-96C2-3592302CF3B4.jpeg

• Like 10

Susie Dent’s word of the day

Word of the day is 'bamblusterate' (19th century): to try to deceive or mislead - a blend of 'bamboozle' and 'bluster'.

Nice word!  

We have sunshine, so I’m off to grab some free Vitamin D therapy ☀️ 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone from cloudy but still warm from fuerteventura, today is our last day here so a packing and cleaning up day today , yesterday we went to Ajuy caves which wasn’t really a good idea with my bad knee which I really hurt on New Year’s Eve falling down the marble stairs in the apartment which I had done 5 times and my husband 3 times , not far down but just the last step which is very deceiving so only about 2 foot high but done a lot of damage to my knee which I thought would be ok now but it isn’t so a visit to doctor/hospital when I get home , nice knowing we don’t have to be tested when leaving here so that’s saved us €120  , so just a few photos of the caves because I couldn’t make it all the way up and round the other side , and this morning woke up to this monster outside our window blocking my light 🥴

19B6AFA3-BD4F-4E00-ADE3-3D5CA3414522.jpeg

1121B8B1-B75A-4771-B69C-5BE1B74C96CF.jpeg

1F366E87-98BE-4657-933F-44C58AB63E95.jpeg

35A0A37F-1C74-4787-AF6E-F66729B0FB86.jpeg

BBC332AF-77C6-4EE5-943F-C1B24AF747DF.jpeg

8BBCFFB0-11D9-40C3-96C2-3592302CF3B4.jpeg

Are you sure you arent in Barbados and that vehicle is waiting to take you into quarantine ?

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, Britboys said:

What's dated to some is classic elegance to others Andy - which is in no way a criticism of your post or thoughts...

Agreed, Michelle and I have this discussion all the time, I just struggle with the lack of a working telly and falling through chairs in Masquerades etc, even after the last supposed refit... 

I soon realise that watching TV is not crucial to us having a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 4