P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

“My personal favourite “tips” from SSE Energy Services, which is owned by Ovo, are for customers to “find extra heat” by keeping the “oven open after you’ve finished cooking” and “have a cuddle with pets”. This second suggestion has the added benefit of preventing Fido or Tiddles from jumping into a hot, open oven.”

With the recent price hikes for energy some people will find it really hard .

There was once a time where I couldn’t afford to pay my electricity bills

Those were darkest days of my life.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

“My personal favourite “tips” from SSE Energy Services, which is owned by Ovo, are for customers to “find extra heat” by keeping the “oven open after you’ve finished cooking” and “have a cuddle with pets”. This second suggestion has the added benefit of preventing Fido or Tiddles from jumping into a hot, open oven.”

like that one, where do you think the heat goes if you close the oven door after cooking - doh!

Marino wool socks, that should get a cold reception as they are about £15 a pair. Should we get a pair of socks or eat this week?

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I understand they will still have best before date on them, so the rummaging for the newer will still happen. 

Last time I was in Morrison’s buying milk, one ‘metal cage’ of milk had about half a dozen different use by dates, a couple that had already passed. Presumably when the cage of milk was delivered, all bottles were the same date, well in advance. How it turned into such a mix is hard to understand. When I mentioned it to a nearby member of staff, they did not seem in the least bit surprised. 

My solution to the milk problem was to buy UHT instead which has a use by date of several months and you don't have to refrigerate it before opening. I drink semi skimmed and to my taste it is creamier than the semi skimmed ordinary milk but has the same fat content.

Interesting cost issue. Own brand UHT per litre in my supermarket is about 80p+ but one shelf down and along a bit you can get the 'cheap' version for 55p. the difference? about a one month use by date and no screw top. No problem, just decant it into a clean screw top bottle when you open it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Last time I was in Morrison’s buying milk, one ‘metal cage’ of milk had about half a dozen different use by dates, a couple that had already passed. Presumably when the cage of milk was delivered, all bottles were the same date, well in advance. How it turned into such a mix is hard to understand. When I mentioned it to a nearby member of staff, they did not seem in the least bit surprised. 

They keep sorting the displays to put the long dates at the back but savvy customers know this

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

They also mentioned porridge.Eating or doing?The latter would be cost saving.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Nah,Sharon should delete the cleaning posts and we could all have a restart.That sounds familiar.

If you add in the posts that have been deleted /gone missing I guess post 3000 was a long time ago .:classic_unsure:

• Like 3

What are your thoughts on using cash for small purchases ?  We have been out to Bridgemere today and he who should be ignored decided that we should buy a pork pie costing £4.59 from one of the consessions to have with salad for lunch, I offered the lady behind the counter a £5 note and she said that she would take it this time but that in future would I please pay by card because I am endangering her by expecting her to handle cash, I  offered to pay by card but she said she would take a 10 minute break to cleanse her hands afterwards.  There is no notice anywhere saying that card payments are preferred.

Morning everyone, hope everyone is fit and well today.

I have not been posting much as having problems with CC site again, also cannot do likes etc on this topic.

A nice day here, been into Lytham this morning with my mum, sat outside for coffee under patio heaters, it was very pleasant

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

What are your thoughts on using cash for small purchases ?  We have been out to Bridgemere today and he who should be ignored decided that we should buy a pork pie costing £4.59 from one of the consessions to have with salad for lunch, I offered the lady behind the counter a £5 note and she said that she would take it this time but that in future would I please pay by card because I am endangering her by expecting her to handle cash, I  offered to pay by card but she said she would take a 10 minute break to cleanse her hands afterwards.  There is no notice anywhere saying that card payments are preferred.

I take it she didn't handle the pie then or any other item(s) to put through her till and/or into a bag. So if she did, that is supposedly you at risk from her if you follow her flawed logic. Obviously just back from a customer care course "How to win customers and influence them"

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That would have been easily solved ,whilst taking ten minutes to wash her hands I would have suggested shoving the pie where the sun doesn't shine whilst she was at it .

You offered card payment but no!  Lets make a big issue over it :classic_huh:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Nah,Sharon should delete the cleaning posts and we could all have a restart.That sounds familiar.

Sharon is a fine upstanding lady and provides a great and valuable service for us all, including starting this invaluable thread. Removing those posts for the reason you suggest (or any other), would be totally out of character for such an amazing moderator. 😇😇😇😇😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

To be honest Josy I don't use cash anymore even for small purchases, that is with the exception of Asda in Wolstanton the other day when I was forced into going to the cash point for £10 for a replacement watch battery because the chip and pin wasn't working. He could have told be BEFORE I left the watch with him.

7 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

To be honest Josy I don't use cash anymore even for small purchases, that is with the exception of Asda in Wolstanton the other day when I was forced into going to the cash point for £10 for a replacement watch battery because the chip and pin wasn't working. He could have told be BEFORE I left the watch with him.

Had he told you before, you may have gone elsewhere, even though Wolstanton shopping centre does not have an alternative. At least they have cash machines there.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Had he told you before, you may have gone elsewhere, even though Wolstanton shopping centre does not have an alternative. At least they have cash machines there.

True I might have done but as you say there is no alternative. I used to go to the jewellers in Morrisons on Festival Park but they have gone and I certainly don't venture to Hanley anymore.

28 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

True I might have done but as you say there is no alternative. I used to go to the jewellers in Morrisons on Festival Park but they have gone and I certainly don't venture to Hanley anymore.

Hanley is a place that I avoid, only going there when I absolutely have to.  I did have to go to Hanley Health Centre last summer for a routine check and was stunned to have to pay £1.70 to park for 1 hour.