P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I think I could be wrong but beans have been been around a bit longer than mushy peas :classic_unsure:

Maybe one day some of you may book a cow boy's holiday experience :classic_smile:

Not sure they do mushy peas though :classic_love:

Ha ha Kalos blazing saddles was the film me and my husband had our first date ( blind date too) took me to the pictures to see that 😂😂 46 years ago 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It's another lovely sunny day and feels quite warm in the sunshine.  

We are due to sail out on Iona on Saturday and haven't heard anything.

Have spent all morning at Mum's sorting and printing out all the paperwork required, as my printer decided to pack up🙄 All done now, just the last minute packing to do then good to go.😄

Hope you have a lovely cruise Pam on Iona and call in all your ports and have no Covid reports, stay safe , I’m on her when you return 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

No, it’s The George, looking directly over the harbour.  Tables outside were at a premium.  All full when we left … had lurkers waiting as we downed the last of our drinks!

See pic

(no beanz, afaik, chips, peas, tartare sauce & a wodge of lemon

Thought I'd take a minute to watch your video, Eddie99.

Watched it twice now, but wondering what to do with my remaining 56 seconds! You tease!

Edited by bbtablet
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I'm jealous seeing the bright and sunny pictures and other comments. Thick fog and 3c here in Cheshire since lunchtime ☹️

We live walking distance from the Cheshire border here in west Wirral and has been completely clear blue skys and bright sun for the last three days.  I assume you are further east, though often surprising how local fog and mist can be.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Ha ha Kalos blazing saddles was the film me and my husband had our first date ( blind date too) took me to the pictures to see that 😂😂 46 years ago 

One of my favourite short films is futtocks end by Ronnie Barker. A silent film. First time I met DW's extended family was one Christmas. All the aunts and Uncles sitting around the edge of the room with the telly on silent. They were all reminiscing and I was sitting, quite ignored giggling away at Futtocks end. She still married me but they all thought I was an imbecile. Many still do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, tring said:

We live walking distance from the Cheshire border here in west Wirral and has been completely clear blue skys and bright sun for the last three days.  I assume you are further east, though often surprising how local fog and mist can be.

I live in South Cheshire, as we are relatively low lying at 45m ASL it does tend to get persistent fog (not much in recent years) when none at higher locations a few miles away. We had sunny days before this lunchtime then the fog rolled in. Forecast says that the fog should clear by 11 am tomorrow but I doubt it and it will be set in for the day.

8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I live in South Cheshire, as we are relatively low lying at 45m ASL it does tend to get persistent fog (not much in recent years) when none at higher locations a few miles away. We had sunny days before this lunchtime then the fog rolled in. Forecast says that the fog should clear by 11 am tomorrow but I doubt it and it will be set in for the day.

Sorry to hear that, but you know your own climate.  We have been to various sides of our coast and has been incredibly clear the last few days, though we had been getting very down with all the rain and dull days we have had this winter.  At least the days are getting longer, albeit slowly. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

Morning all hope everyone is feeling well.

Still very dark and there's a heavy frost of the car.

Have confirmed my order for Tesco's for delivery when I get back.

Last minute packing done, just need to bring the cases downstairs and one or two other bits then ready to leave as we are heading up to Southampton.

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Last minute packing done, just need to bring the cases downstairs and one or two other bits then ready to leave as we are heading up to Southampton.

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

Have a lovely cruise and report when you come back and make us all jealous!

We’re hoping for another sunny day, so we’ll make do with that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

Bon Voyage Pam.

Safe travels and have a fab time.

Gill x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usual update from North Norfolk. Yet again we have sun.

I am going to hit the insurance quotes. Looks like the cruise on Britannia to the Caribbean will get changed to Ventura in November as the premium for that is less than £350 at present whilst the Britannia cruise is £1500. I fancied some sun but not paying that much extra. Then to cheer me up lunch out at Wells and maybe a short toddle down Staithe Street.

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

Save journey Pam and have a lovely cruise.

I'm not envious😊.

Nope, not envious on bit😞

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice sunny morning here this morning currently a balmy -1C,  an improvement on the -5C when I got up at 7 this morning to put bin out after I forgot to last night.

Trip to recycling centre to day as garage is becoming overloaded with empty cardboard boxes and my battery box in the garage is rather full of discarded batteries, probably around a years worth, so those will go as well.

Need to complete migration of my wife’s old laptop to her new one, most of it done yesterday just photos to transfer once I have de-duplicated them. 

13 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I must give up being the amateur meteorologist, thick fog when went to bed but clear blue and sunny today. Still only 1c though and still frost on the ground out of the sun.

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Its interesting what you can find when you Google search people's ' handles'

You should take nothing for granted on the internet ,I once got bombarded with e-mails

from our local butcher once . They read 5kg of ham only a fiver ,pressed pork only £2 for

five slices ,buy any pack of pork sausages and receive a pack of belly pork free !

I soon stopped them, they now go an my Spam folder :classic_unsure::classic_wink: 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, purplesea said:

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

Have a great cruise, think about the rest of us freezing here while you enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have spent the morning at the vaccine hub freezing because although the heating was on having doors open at both ends means that it is still very cold.  We are only doing mornings this week because we are not getting many people booking  at the moment, perhaps most people are now fully vaccinated.  I was stunned when we were packing up and I had the job of checking how many "no shows" we had, 56 why are people booking and then not turning ? up but to compensate we had a lot of "walk ins", hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Afternoon all.  What a glorious day!

Pleased to hear that the daxxie is fine.  Scavenging is such an expensive habit with our poochies, though fortunately my current monster has had nothing worse than an upset tum

Sharon - so sorry about the Corinth Canal.  I must say our passage through it - just on a day trip from Piraeus, on an Azura cruise - was one of our all-time favourites

With mid-January weather like this, the pain of not cruising seems a little milder.  We ate fish & chip lunches, sitting outside, jackets off!   We were in full sun and against a wall but …

79BCB11C-72A2-4A32-B7EE-A3912BADC56E.thumb.jpeg.1bb2437852e89b2309fd65ad8f1ffeb5.jpeg

CDC7BE8A-91F6-47AD-A2AC-3411ED004EB6.thumb.jpeg.d4193e6e2c49b2eb6ceb49d5655a75c4.jpeg

Eddie I was so shamed by my non hardiness and so impressed by your post that today ...drum roll...I have girded up everything in sight and I am eating outside - yes right out in the open air - albeit with 2 large patio heaters close by. I feel like an intrepid hardy person.

Edited by ccpm

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Eddie I was so shamed by my non hardiness and so impressed by your post that today ...drum roll...I have girded up everything in sight and I am eating outside - yes right out in the open air - albeit with 2 large patio heaters close by. I feel like an intrepid hardy person.

Oh, good for you!

It’s another sunny day.  We set out walking fairly early and there was a lot of frost still on the grass.  Nice and non-squelchy tho’.

Have skate for supper tonight and have taken delivery of a pasta meal for tomorrow.  First consignment of an Xmas present subscription.  Frozen Xmas beef for Sunday lunch - looks like catering is sewn up for a few days

• Like 1