P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, kalos said:

https://www.reducereuserecycle.co.uk/greenarticles/tetrapak_recycling_in_the_uk.php

Ours go in the bin with the recyclable plastics. 

Our kerbside collection doesn’t take them, so either they go in general waste bin or we have to save them up and take to recycling centre and put in special bin. 

FE442CA4-20A5-48CF-8DDC-B00AB50AD867.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Our kerbside collection doesn’t take them, so either they go in general waste bin or we have to save them up and take to recycling centre and put in special bin. 

FE442CA4-20A5-48CF-8DDC-B00AB50AD867.jpeg

I wasn't debating that some areas do not take certain things just like Wowzz our area does. But put something in the wrong bin and woe betide you and your bin is going nowhere :classic_ohmy:

Edited by kalos

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I wasn't debating that some areas do not take certain things just like Wowzz our area does. But put something in the wrong bin and woe betide you and your bin is going nowhere :classic_ohmy:

Fortunately we just have two bins. One for general rubbish, and another one for anything that is supposedly recyclable. As the bins are automatically tipped into the refuse truck, there is no chance for the bin men to see if you have put the wrong item in the wrong bin.

My poor old mum however, has around 8 different containers, including one for food waste. Woe betide you if you put the wrong item in the wrong bin - the whole lot gets tossed back onto your front garden. She is in a constant state of paranoia on bin collection day !

• Like 1

Sun again today will have to watch that or I will be thinking climate change is a thing!

I am off to Blakeney today for no other reason that it was the first place that popped into my mind. Lunch out will be great.

News from the breeder my boy is performing well. I'm glad someone is living their best life.

Em

9 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Sun again today will have to watch that or I will be thinking climate change is a thing!

I am off to Blakeney today for no other reason that it was the first place that popped into my mind. Lunch out will be great.

News from the breeder my boy is performing well. I'm glad someone is living their best life.

Em

Lunch in the Kings Head!

Well it’s now good afternoon everyone in stead of morning been on line all morning trying to do some insurance quotes for our travel next month, want a annual policy with some minor decorations but I can not find one with proper Covid cover etc , ie not covering the person who was in contact with the one that’s positive and been off loaded to a hotel , so help anybody please any recommendations for insurance companies with me going back through all the old threads it will be much appreciated, ,

It’s lovely and sunny here but cold 🌞

On 1/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, Josy1953 said:

What are your thoughts on using cash for small purchases ?  We have been out to Bridgemere today and he who should be ignored decided that we should buy a pork pie costing £4.59 from one of the consessions to have with salad for lunch, I offered the lady behind the counter a £5 note and she said that she would take it this time but that in future would I please pay by card because I am endangering her by expecting her to handle cash, I  offered to pay by card but she said she would take a 10 minute break to cleanse her hands afterwards.  There is no notice anywhere saying that card payments are preferred.

Total over the top reaction and if I was you I would telephone Bridgemere to see what their policy is and tell them what happened and see what they say.

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it’s now good afternoon everyone in stead of morning been on line all morning trying to do some insurance quotes for our travel next month, want a annual policy with some minor decorations but I can not find one with proper Covid cover etc , ie not covering the person who was in contact with the one that’s positive and been off loaded to a hotel , so help anybody please any recommendations for insurance companies with me going back through all the old threads it will be much appreciated, ,

It’s lovely and sunny here but cold 🌞

I would be interested in insurance recommendations too. Our balance is due this time next month so have started looking

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s been a lovely sunny day here - didn’t draw the curtains till five to five!  Things are looking up.  We have no rain showing in forecasts right up to the end of the month.  That would be a treat

A nice trip to Southsea today. Sunny but cold. Highlight was that cafe rouge take tastecards, so £25 off as well. DW walked past the Michael Kors shop in Gunwharf, so 2 results🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I would be interested in insurance recommendations too. Our balance is due this time next month so have started looking

Not too simple for us. DW is awaiting a fairly simple procedure. As soon as you tell an insurance company that, they are not interested. Covid quarantine cover is not the only consideration. If you are on a waiting list to get your ingrowing toe nail sorted out, tell them and see what happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Not too simple for us. DW is awaiting a fairly simple procedure. As soon as you tell an insurance company that, they are not interested. Covid quarantine cover is not the only consideration. If you are on a waiting list to get your ingrowing toe nail sorted out, tell them and see what happens.

Oh dear, that's a nuisance for you. The only thing we have to declare is my recent back issues, I'm not waiting for any treatment or had an operation etc so should be straightforward. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Hi Sarah , on another thread Megabear mentioned Alliance covers Covid if you have to quarantine, I did have a look on line and was 1/2 the price of my other quotes but they didn’t ask for any medical questions !! So I’m very confused, I will start searching again tomorrow as my brain is frizzled 🥴😤

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

A nice trip to Southsea today. Sunny but cold. Highlight was that cafe rouge take tastecards, so £25 off as well. DW walked past the Michael Kors shop in Gunwharf, so 2 results🤣

Why would she walk past Michael Kors shop?  had you blindfolded her?

• Haha 6