P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Cruise Critic management has suggested these non-cruising threads are locked and removed on most of the cruise line boards. I have argued for this one to be saved but, would you all still use it if it moved to The Pub thread?

Hello Sharon.

Personally I have never  posted on the Pub.

I post regularly on Royal Caribbean threads and a HAL daily and only really come to P&O for this thread as it is easily accessible and usually on the first page.

My request would be to leave it on the main board while there are plenty of daily posts.

Sincerely.

Graham.

• Like 9

This thread is a life line to many on here ,we’ve all become friends and got to know a little about each other over the two years it’s been going, we do talk about cruises and which ones we are going on and all different advice each and every one of us give to others, it will be very sad if it moves to the pub and many will not visit it and I feel many will not return , please Sharon let it stay here where it will help many more than we all know.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We tried the pub before, but not our local, so didn't have the same 'ambience'... 

Will be a terrible shame if I don't know what the weather in Yorkshire is like or what Graham had for lunch... 😊

Only kidding of course, this thread has been a crutch for many of us throughout these difficult times, will be a shame if it goes. 

Andy 

Thank you Andy.

We went to York today and had a lovely dinner tonight.

Best regards to Michelle too.

Graham.

IMG_20220121_122157.jpg

IMG_20220121_123341.jpg

IMG_20220121_123549.jpg

IMG_20220121_123736.jpg

IMG_20220121_171432.jpg

IMG_20220121_173910.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

OK, it can stay here. Just please keep off politics and Covid (unless cruising related) or I will lose leverage. 🙂

Thank you Sharon,  I guess we will all try, but both topics do tend to interfere with cruising on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

OK, it can stay here. Just please keep off politics and Covid (unless cruising related) or I will lose leverage. 🙂

Cheers Sharon ..Common sense to the rescue .Thank you :classic_love:

Have a nice day everyone and keep off P AND  C  comments unless they are 

things like porridge and custard :classic_wink:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Many thanks Sharon.

You have always been understanding and tolerant and I hope all of our posters respect this.

Sincerely.

Graham.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Thank you so much Sharon. I don't know if you realise just how much we  all appreciate what you've done. 

We'll be good, and virtually kick he posterior of anyone who strays😉

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well it’s 17 weeks today until my first cruise, I have been wanting to cruise since I was 15 and now I’m mid 50’s so it’s been a very long time coming! I am so looking forward to it but have started having stress dreams about it too 😳 Last night I dreamed I opened our cabin door and it was a dormitory, and when I lay down to sleep my ears filled with water 😂

I think my stress is not being helped by my back still causing me issues and I’m getting worried it will spoil a long awaited holiday. I’m seeing my osteopath more than my friends at the moment.

I’m also stressing about which insurance to go for and hoping that Norway doesn’t take Spain’s stance on offloading Covid cases and their close contacts to land based hotels.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Well it’s 17 weeks today until my first cruise, I have been wanting to cruise since I was 15 and now I’m mid 50’s so it’s been a very long time coming! I am so looking forward to it but have started having stress dreams about it too 😳

Wow! Clocking on for almost 40 years of waiting to board a cruise ship and some people 

moan when they sit in Southampton cruise terminal for a hour to board :classic_wink:

Fear not your 17 weeks will soon pass and at last your dreams will come true :classic_love:

But not the ones about your ears filling up with water :classic_ohmy:

Enjoy your cruise Sarah :classic_smile:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Well it’s 17 weeks today until my first cruise, I have been wanting to cruise since I was 15 and now I’m mid 50’s so it’s been a very long time coming! I am so looking forward to it but have started having stress dreams about it too 😳 Last night I dreamed I opened our cabin door and it was a dormitory, and when I lay down to sleep my ears filled with water 😂

I think my stress is not being helped by my back still causing me issues and I’m getting worried it will spoil a long awaited holiday. I’m seeing my osteopath more than my friends at the moment.

I’m also stressing about which insurance to go for and hoping that Norway doesn’t take Spain’s stance on offloading Covid cases and their close contacts to land based hotels.

I was about 50 on our first cruise. 25 or so cruises later we pay extra not to get a dormitory cabin, especially a leaky one. We are off on a Norwegian Fjords cruise in July, but with Celebrity. Norway will be open, no Covid, weather will be good. Have a great first cruise. I know you will.🤣

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I was about 50 on our first cruise. 25 or so cruises later we pay extra not to get a dormitory cabin, especially a leaky one. We are off on a Norwegian Fjords cruise in July, but with Celebrity. Norway will be open, no Covid, weather will be good. Have a great first cruise. I know you will.🤣

No one can accuse you of being "Wet Behind  The Ears " :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Don't stress Sarah.

I didn't start cruising until I was 44 because I sometimes suffer motion sickness on a bus or back seat of a car and why i always drive.

After 55 cruises I was sick once.

Hopefully things will have settled down by the time you cruise and you will love it and be hooked on cruising.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3