P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 1/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, zap99 said:

That's one thing we don't miss. A nuisance in my very humble opinion.  Photographers that is. DW likes a prawn cocktail and a nice chunk of Stilton goes down well. Wallace and Gromit will be on Azura in a couple of weeks, at least we will have somebody to complain to....wrong cheese Gromit.

We’ve got a short break to Amsterdam booked in June on Ventura and I had an email yesterday saying Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the sheep are on!! It’s not school holidays so I’m very surprised!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:31 AM, purplesea said:

Morning everyone, cold and frosty here this morning, but looks as though it's going to nice sunny day.

It's my birthday today, so I am now officially retired!! 

Stay safe and warm.

Happy belated birthday, hope you had a lovely day 🥂🥂

• Thanks 1

Still cold but at least not raining. Up early to book dining for my Iona cruise. This was successful for the Olive Grove so I have covered both possible Celebration Evenings and can relax in evening casual dress. No luck for the Beach House though, it just says unavailable coming soon. The Chefs Table was available but I still don't know if the Beach House is available on the Tuesday. If it is i will book and cancel the Olive Grove on Sunday.

Still don't know my cabin number

• Like 5

Well I’ve just spent ages catching up on this thread. Things a bit depressing here. My Mum is still in hospital and I spent most of yesterday up A&E with my Dad! 
The only good news is my Dad having chest pains/fluttering is that they’ve finally realised my Mum will get a decent care package when she comes out.

I left my Dad yesterday and nipped up to visit Mum just in time to tell the woman who was arranging the care package ‘well that puts a different slant on it ‘ she said!

Week after next John and I have a week off work, can’t wait as you can imagine! Might even get to use my sister’s Christmas present to us of a Cote Brassiere voucher!

Stay warm and safe all x

• Like 13

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

We’ve got a short break to Amsterdam booked in June on Ventura and I had an email yesterday saying Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the sheep are on!! It’s not school holidays so I’m very surprised!

Hot dogs for lunch and lamb for dinner.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve just spent ages catching up on this thread. Things a bit depressing here. My Mum is still in hospital and I spent most of yesterday up A&E with my Dad! 
The only good news is my Dad having chest pains/fluttering is that they’ve finally realised my Mum will get a decent care package when she comes out.

I left my Dad yesterday and nipped up to visit Mum just in time to tell the woman who was arranging the care package ‘well that puts a different slant on it ‘ she said!

Week after next John and I have a week off work, can’t wait as you can imagine! Might even get to use my sister’s Christmas present to us of a Cote Brassiere voucher!

Stay warm and safe all x

Sorry to hear about your parents, hopefully the care package will take some of the pressure off you. It isn not easy looking after elderly parents. 

Take care and look after yourself too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy Anniversary Avril and Frank.💖

Your post from yesterday was very touching. Gosh, you were young weren't you. It's so heartwarming to hear of two people still being very much in love after so many years. I hope you both have a very happy day - full of reminiscences - and true love.

Best wishes as always to you both. Jane.xxxx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Stay warm and safe all x

Sorry to hear things are still not good but so glad your mum will get a care package. 

Enjoy your week off!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I understand this feeling old.

It's our 58th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and we've been reminiscing today over lunch. January 28th 1965 ankle deep in snow and freezing cold. A Registry Office wedding was all we could afford, the marriage licence was the princely sum of  7s - 6p. We were very young, I was 17 and Frank was 19, and his mum said we wouldn't last 6 month😏. To be honest we've had some rough moments, but I think it made the marriage stronger. Fast forward 58 years and we're still here, financially secure and just as much in love as ever.

I do regret one thing though.........not finding cruising sooner.😁

Avril

Wishing you and Frank a very happy anniversary 🥂💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I understand this feeling old.

It's our 58th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and we've been reminiscing today over lunch. January 28th 1965 ankle deep in snow and freezing cold. A Registry Office wedding was all we could afford, the marriage licence was the princely sum of  7s - 6p. We were very young, I was 17 and Frank was 19, and his mum said we wouldn't last 6 month😏. To be honest we've had some rough moments, but I think it made the marriage stronger. Fast forward 58 years and we're still here, financially secure and just as much in love as ever.

I do regret one thing though.........not finding cruising sooner.😁

Avril

Happy 58th anniversary Avril and Frank🥂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

The're my favourite.

Zap aged 73 1/4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hmm, maybe they're not the 'innocent' Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep you're expecting Sue😉😁

Avril

• Haha 2

Good morning, and thank you all for your good wishes on our anniversary.  We are having a small family dinner tonight, other than that, it will be a quiet relaxing day. We've never liked a lot of fuss.

We celebrated our Silver anniversary in Penang and our Golden was just the two of us again on Oceana. Our children were determined to to have a family dinner for every one after that. 

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend. x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 10

41 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Wedgwood ?

Lunar on the Wedgwood site near Barlaston. You need deep pockets but every once in a while we all deserve a treat. All crockery is Wedgwood and glasses are Waterford crystal. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

My Mum and Dad weren’t quite as young as Avril and Frank, they were 19 & 21 when they got married, it will be 63 years in March for them. I always remember my Mum saying on their 25th anniversary she wanted to wait until she was 21 - my Dad said ‘bit late telling me now’ 😁

But then they left school at 15 so she had been out in the adult world for 4 years. I left school at 18 and got married at 22 so sort of the same.

• Like 5