P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning, and thank you all for your good wishes on our anniversary.  We are having a small family dinner tonight, other than that, it will be a quiet relaxing day. We've never liked a lot of fuss.

We celebrated our Silver anniversary in Penang and our Golden was just the two of us again on Oceana. Our children were determined to to have a family dinner for every one after that. 

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend. x

Avril

Sounds perfect, enjoy your evening.

• Thanks 1

Good morning, and thank you all for your good wishes on our anniversary.  We are having a small family dinner tonight, other than that, it will be a quiet relaxing day. We've never liked a lot of fuss.

We celebrated our Silver anniversary in Penang and our Golden was just the two of us again on Oceana. Our children were determined to to have a family dinner for every one after that. 

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend. x

Avril

Happy Anniversary to you and Frank. Have a fabulous day and hopefully you are being spoilt and not cooking the celebratory dinner tonight……

Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@P&O SUE

I hope your mum and dad's health improves soon. It is very hard to care for ailing parents as well as coping with everyday things . I hope you have someone to help share the load and that your some work is being more considerate about time off.

Take some time for yourself too Sue and try to relax a little, it's really important. Please take care. x

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@P&O SUE

I hope your mum and dad's health improves soon. It is very hard to care for ailing parents as well as coping with everyday things . I hope you have someone to help share the load and that your some work is being more considerate about time off.

Take some time for yourself too Sue and try to relax a little, it's really important. Please take care. x

Avril

Thankyou. I was actually in work yesterday when I got the call and there was no problem letting me go. The manager I asked if I could work from home a couple of weeks ago on the Friday and didn’t let me was the one who said of course I could go yesterday!  They changed me working  in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays to Monday and Friday 2 weeks ago! 
Well I’ve hardly done anything this morning so I must go and do a few chores!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

But then they left school at 15 so she had been out in the adult world for 4 years. I left school at 18 and got married at 22 so sort of the same.

We left school at 15 too and straight into work. I think that's the reason we were more mature than the 17 and 19 year olds today as they are still 'in school' so to speak. We met each other 70 years ago and have been together ever since.

Avril

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Lunar on the Wedgwood site near Barlaston. You need deep pockets but every once in a while we all deserve a treat. All crockery is Wedgwood and glasses are Waterford crystal. 

That explains why there aren't any chips on the plates.

• Haha 6

Morning just sent for a new passport before they go up in price in 5 days .

I had only just over 10 months left anyway ,so the money saved paid  for

my passport to be sent back "signed for" post .

At least when the new one arrives I will not be fretting has it got 6 months 

left on it .

Next job renew my cars breakdown recovery policy that's due .

I never knew being retired could be so busy 😉

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

Afternoon all,

It's still a cold down here, it doesn't seemed to have warmed up since this morning. In face this morning seemed warmer!

Went to Truro this morning to pay the balance of my holiday in May and a look round some of the shops sales. Called in at Tescos on my way back and there are a lot of empty shelves, luckily I managed to get the things I want.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I understand this feeling old.

It's our 58th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and we've been reminiscing today over lunch. January 28th 1965 ankle deep in snow and freezing cold. A Registry Office wedding was all we could afford, the marriage licence was the princely sum of  7s - 6p. We were very young, I was 17 and Frank was 19, and his mum said we wouldn't last 6 month😏. To be honest we've had some rough moments, but I think it made the marriage stronger. Fast forward 58 years and we're still here, financially secure and just as much in love as ever.

I do regret one thing though.........not finding cruising sooner.😁

Avril

Happy Anniversary Avril & Frank, hope you have a lovely day

Michelle

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I’ve just spent ages catching up on this thread. Things a bit depressing here. My Mum is still in hospital and I spent most of yesterday up A&E with my Dad! 
The only good news is my Dad having chest pains/fluttering is that they’ve finally realised my Mum will get a decent care package when she comes out.

I left my Dad yesterday and nipped up to visit Mum just in time to tell the woman who was arranging the care package ‘well that puts a different slant on it ‘ she said!

Week after next John and I have a week off work, can’t wait as you can imagine! Might even get to use my sister’s Christmas present to us of a Cote Brassiere voucher!

Stay warm and safe all x

Hope they both are ok and get the best care package 

Michelle

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I understand this feeling old.

It's our 58th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and we've been reminiscing today over lunch. January 28th 1965 ankle deep in snow and freezing cold. A Registry Office wedding was all we could afford, the marriage licence was the princely sum of  7s - 6p. We were very young, I was 17 and Frank was 19, and his mum said we wouldn't last 6 month😏. To be honest we've had some rough moments, but I think it made the marriage stronger. Fast forward 58 years and we're still here, financially secure and just as much in love as ever.

I do regret one thing though.........not finding cruising sooner.😁

Avril

Happy Anniversary Avril & Frank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We left school at 15 too and straight into work. I think that's the reason we were more mature than the 17 and 19 year olds today as they are still 'in school' so to speak. We met each other 70 years ago and have been together ever since.

Avril

I was one of those who was still in school until I was 18 and then uni so not into real work until I was 21.  I had a Saturday job in Woolworths from when I was 15 like many girls of my age but I like to think that we were more mature than some of today's teenagers.  I think that a lot of today's parents prefer to give their children most things that they want rather than encourage them into part-time work.  I know that in OH's and my family our brothers and sisters have all subsidised their children while they were still in education, buying them cars, paying for foreign holidays with their friends etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We decided over Christmas that we would watch all 9 of the Star Wars Movies by the end of January, we completed the task last night finishing off with the last film “ The Rise of Skywalker”. It’s noticeable who Special Effects and CGI have improved since the first film was released in 1977. 

Now after our film marathon of 20 hours and 39 minutes over the last 4 weeks, next on the agenda The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings Films. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, brian1 said:

My Mum said I should eat my crusts.

Mine too, but she used to add I would never have curly hair if I didn't eat the crusts, it definitely worked because my hair goes wild if left to dry without blowing it straight.

I now spend a fortune on hair taming products to keep my hair under control because it tends towards frizzy and I like a straight bob.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Mine too, but she used to add I would never have curly hair if I didn't eat the crusts, it definitely worked because my hair goes wild if left to dry without blowing it straight.

I always ate my crusts and everyone else's too and most of my hair has fallen out.

Lovely morning here if a tad chilly, there was even a bit of a dawn chorus when we went for our morning walk, the snow drops are out and the tete a tete's well on their way, I know we have a while to go but it definitely feels a bit spring like here.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I now spend a fortune on hair taming products to keep my hair under control because it tends towards frizzy and I like a straight bob.

As long as it didn't put hairs on your chest like I was promised,that didn't work for me either.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I was also told the same, but it didn't work, I've always had striaght hair.

Packing day for us today before travelling to the airport, overnight hotel and 'crack of dawn' early flight via Paris to Rio. We are still not sure if our 4 week land and sea tour of South America will include Peru (highly unlikely IMO due to political violence) in which case we will be back in 3 weeks. Our first week is hectic including Rio, Iguazu Falls and Buenos Aires then a 2 week Princess Cruise around Argentina and Chile including the Falklands (if the weather behaves and we can tender in!). Looking forward to it but at the same time apprehensive due to the complexity of the tour and uncertainty about Peru.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 14