P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Damian. Thanks for the festival photos and reviews. Feeling my age, I knew everyone of the names on the list and probably saw them all first time round! I used to frequent a place called the Camden Palace (every Friday night) and Soft Cell were regulars - as was Boy George and a lot of others from their era. They weren't playing - just being seen in the VIP area! Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves despite the outrageous prices.

I've been watching the build up to Glastonbury and now I know I'm old - I mean where do you plug in your hairdryer!!!

Have a good day. Jane xx

Pauline and Sarah are going to see Rod Stewart and Culture club.

I would have went but even though they have seats everyone will be standing and my arthritis prevents me standing after a short time.

18°C and sunny here with a high of 21°C expected this afternoon.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Oddly enough, I had thought this very thing early this morning, before the paper came.

Cannot but agree with Avril.  

A firefighter swimming the channel for charity went missing yesterday. Hardly a word.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Do you remember our banter about the old lady with a trolley load of Peroni.That was back in 2019 and the prices of a 3 pack here haven't changed since then.The blatant profiteering that goes on in the UK under the guise of a "global crisis" does not happen here.Glad you had a good time,I've never been to a festival,do they still do all that naked mud sliding.Brian.

I whinge about being ripped off in the supermarkets here with some things seeming to have gone up every time we go regardless of world events, however after having visited Japan and Alaska and looking at the price of some everyday items there even the ship shops seemed cheap.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A firefighter swimming the channel for charity went missing yesterday. Hardly a word.

Read about it on Sky news , sadly The search has been called off looking for him .

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, kalos said:

Read about it on Sky news , sadly The search has been called off looking for him .

I haven't read  anything about it, but surely he had a boat along side him like other Channel swimmers do.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I haven't read  anything about it, but surely he had a boat along side him like other Channel swimmers do.

Avril

He / they had a support boat . Was he part of a swimming party and they took their eyes off him for a moment ? Either way very sad news.     Swimmer News

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

He / they had a support boat . Was he part of a swimming party and they took their eyes off him for a moment ? Either way very sad news.     Swimmer News

Just read this Kalos. They ( the swim party) must feel absolutely dreadful.  RIP Iain Hughes. J.x

• Like 7

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and Sarah are going to see Rod Stewart and Culture club.

I would have went but even though they have seats everyone will be standing and my arthritis prevents me standing after a short time.

18°C and sunny here with a high of 21°C expected this afternoon.

Lytham Festival starts next Wednesday for five day, quite a good line up including Sting, Blondie, Kaiser Chiefs, Gabrille, Lionel Ritchie, George Ezra, Def Leppard. 

Michelle

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Lytham Festival starts next Wednesday for five day, quite a good line up including Sting, Blondie, Kaiser Chiefs, Gabrille, Lionel Ritchie, George Ezra, Def Leppard. 

Michelle

Sounds like a good festival Michelle.

We have been in our back garden all day and just had our dinner in the garden.

It is still 19°C.

IMG_20230622_171443.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds like a good festival Michelle.

We have been in our back garden all day and just had our dinner in the garden.

It is still 19°C.

IMG_20230622_171443.jpg

Isn’t it lovely to be able to eat outdoors? My hubby has been working in Skipton today so isn’t home yet but it’s still warm so I suspect we will be eating outside too

Michelle 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

That's a great line-up Michelle - I like them all! Jane xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

That's a great line-up Michelle - I like them all! Jane xx

It’s not bad is it? We have not got tickets but you can just go on the Green and hear it all even though you cannot see it as it’s all screened in. It will be packed next week in Lytham x

Michelle

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

That's a good line up Michelle.

I saw some of those acts last weekend at the Isle of Wight Festival

• Like 3

Morning everyone,the wild boars round here are getting as clever as Yogi bear.Our Russian neighbour saw one running off with our organic bin last night.I found it round the corner with the lockable lid handle unlocked and the contents pillaged.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning everyone,the wild boars round here are getting as clever as Yogi bear.Our Russian neighbour saw one running off with our organic bin last night.I found it round the corner with the lockable lid handle unlocked and the contents pillaged.

Isn't nature wonderful!

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We have just arrived at our hotel in Jersey, brought my mum for a few days away. It is very hot at the moment, hope it cools down or we will be melting. We are staying at Hotel De France, seems a nice hotel, we might eat here tonight as we had an early start this morning and are a bit tired 

Michelle

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We have just arrived at our hotel in Jersey, brought my mum for a few days away. It is very hot at the moment, hope it cools down or we will be melting. We are staying at Hotel De France, seems a nice hotel, we might eat here tonight as we had an early start this morning and are a bit tired 

Michelle

Sounds lovely - I hope you have a nice break. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I hope you all have a fantastic time Michelle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

That was our honeymoon hotel. Although it wa a long, long, time ago, we have fond memories.

• Like 7