P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hi all,to start with I don't know why Andy's name is above.Don't like this new format.The goalposts have been moved again for us.We are now in lockdown till 4th Dec,but what makes it worse we are in a red zone which means we can't leave the region.This was decided not from the amount of new infections we have but on the basis of inadequate medical infrastructure.This is a proper North South divide situation.The regional government are appealing against this tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed,cheers,Brian.

Tough on you Brian.  Sorry

Sad to read that Geoffrey Palmer has died.  I’m amazed to see he was 93 though.  Some of the ages of ‘celebrities’ are surprising.  Some you think were decades older than yourself turn out to be only 6 or 7 years older; others who you’ve assumed to have died years ago are still thriving.  Tommy Steele?  Goodness, he must be 150.  No - ‘only’ 83

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209

35 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,to start with I don't know why Andy's name is above.Don't like this new format.The goalposts have been moved again for us.We are now in lockdown till 4th Dec,but what makes it worse we are in a red zone which means we can't leave the region.This was decided not from the amount of new infections we have but on the basis of inadequate medical infrastructure.This is a proper North South divide situation.The regional government are appealing against this tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed,cheers,Brian.

I'm stalking you Brian, you can't get rid of me... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry your plans are up in the air again bro. No-one can make any definite plans at the moment, as things seem to change so quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can at least be home in time for Christmas. Stay safe.

Sis

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Tough on you Brian.  Sorry

Sad to read that Geoffrey Palmer has died.  I’m amazed to see he was 93 though.  Some of the ages of ‘celebrities’ are surprising.  Some you think were decades older than yourself turn out to be only 6 or 7 years older; others who you’ve assumed to have died years ago are still thriving.  Tommy Steele?  Goodness, he must be 150.  No - ‘only’ 83

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209

And how does "The Boss " do 4 hour concerts at 71? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry your plans are up in the air again bro. No-one can make any definite plans at the moment, as things seem to change so quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can at least be home in time for Christmas. Stay safe.

Sis

Cheers sis,We'll just have to grin and bear it.Diet is still going well,seafood pasta and garlic pizza delivered last night,bro.20201106_182830.thumb.jpg.67380f69fdc8ef9db838b3ed12b7eb21.jpg20201106_182835.thumb.jpg.1fb2592a303cd2159196acf0c68c66a9.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

And how does "The Boss " do 4 hour concerts at 71? 

A whole lot of practice, a great band of musicians, a back catalogue of brilliant songs that people want to hear, some completely reworked from the originals (how brave was it to completely rework ‘Born in the USA a few years ago?), personality and talent. Hopefully come 2021 or 2022, he will play in UK once again. Yet apparently he has never had a UK number one hit single.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

All looks very nice Brian 10 points for the pizza yummy but 5 points for the pasta, not a fan of pasta and mussels 

Sorry to hear your in lock down again enjoy your lovely place and good weather, I’m leaving for my flight home in 2 hours and not looking forward to the cold weather , sun rise this morning from patio having a cup of tea 

sandra 

059FF426-CB8A-4230-8545-0984A28AEDE8.jpeg

D8CAFDF3-EB19-4E58-AE42-609919FC91EC.jpeg

0ADD95E4-AFD5-4E60-8AA3-A5F4780C6BF0.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

All looks very nice Brian 10 points for the pizza yummy but 5 points for the pasta, not a fan of pasta and mussels 

Sorry to hear your in lock down again enjoy your lovely place and good weather, I’m leaving for my flight home in 2 hours and not looking forward to the cold weather , sun rise this morning from patio having a cup of tea 

sandra 

Lovely sunrise photos.Hope you have had a good holiday and that your flight home is on time

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

sandra 

Have a safe journey Sandra. 

Back to the misry that is the UK... 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

sandra 

What that photo doesn't show and what I didn't realise straight away, that there were slivers of squid cut to the same size mixed in the pasta.We've still got lovely weather here,walked along the beach this morning.Going to be stormy next week though.Have a safe journey back,cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

sandra 

Glad you've had a good break and enjoyed the lovely warm weather. 

You're not wrong about the cold - went for a walk by the Bistro on the Beach (thought of you - is your hut in the vicinity?) for a blow and got rather more than we expected - blowing a hoolie and bitterly cold!  Ok walking one way but a challenge walking back.  Sea was exciting though - huge waves. That was the day the cruise ships disappeared (back now.).

Have a safe journey back.

• Like 1

It's a horribly cold, damp, dark, dreary, misty morning here, but at least I can see the greenhouse today. It was so foggy yesterday I could only see halfway down the garden. The perfect day for sitting snuggly in my warm cave chatting to CC friends and/or reading. Hibernation has come early for me this year🐻

Avril

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a horribly cold, damp, dark, dreary, misty morning here, but at least I can see the greenhouse today. It was so foggy yesterday I could only see halfway down the garden. The perfect day for sitting snuggly in my warm cave chatting to CC friends and/or reading. Hibernation has come early for me this year🐻

Avril

Quite bright here today. 

Had my appointment at the dump at 10, highlight of my weekend... 

Andy 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

A whole lot of practice, a great band of musicians, a back catalogue of brilliant songs that people want to hear, some completely reworked from the originals (how brave was it to completely rework ‘Born in the USA a few years ago?), personality and talent. Hopefully come 2021 or 2022, he will play in UK once again. Yet apparently he has never had a UK number one hit single.

Also, when he was young he got used to playing multiple (6-8) 30 minute sets in a single evening which he says helped him train his vocal chords to be able to maintain his voice. He also says he is lucky but no doubt hard work and effort has played a big part in that.

Great to know there's some fellow fans on here by the way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamianG said:

Also, when he was young he got used to playing multiple (6-8) 30 minute sets in a single evening which he says helped him train his vocal chords to be able to maintain his voice. He also says he is lucky but no doubt hard work and effort has played a big part in that.

Great to know there's some fellow fans on here by the way.

I can’t think we are the only two. 

• Like 3

I was out before 8am to drop off some things for my dad (who's in hospital) then pick up a bit of shopping. Yesterday the roads seemed just as busy as usual but I had a more enjoyable round trip as things were much quieter everywhere and it was quite eerie in the fog.

It's Christmas in M&S as well by the way...

IMG_1186.JPG

Edited by DamianG

50 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Quite bright here today. 

Had my appointment at the dump at 10, highlight of my weekend... 

Andy 

Many more of those exciting lockdown excursions Andy, and we'll have to re-name you Stig😊

Avril

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I was out before 8am to drop off some things for my dad (who's in hospital) then pick up a bit of shopping. Yesterday the roads seemed just as busy as usual but I had a more enjoyable round trip as things were much quieter everywhere and quite eerie in the fog.

It's Christmas in M&S as well by the way...

IMG_1186.JPG

Another M&S  Christmas delight shown on  google news this morning. A cross between yum-yums  and a doughnut, decorated with red icing and a black santa belt. They decided to call them  Santa's Yumnuts. I kid you not😲

Avril

• Like 1

Morning everyone. A beautiful day here in Stoke on Trent 🙂 Shame we are stuck in but an excuse to be lazy today. Have just read the so many lovely posts on here from Thursday - lovely to read about Andy's dad. Lovely tribute. My late mum's brithday was the 25th Oct and late dad's the 9th Nov so a 'time to remember' with me as well.

Anyway, a friend sent me this this morning - love it. Christmas 2020 with Del Boy and Grandad

• Like 4
  • Haha 1