P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Graham, sorry to hear that.  I am sitting here with my leg up.  Possibly tear to the ligament between the fib and tib.  May need pinning 😞

Hubby is on warfarin, so constantly cold.  It's good this ageing process innit?

Thanks Jean.

Sorry to hear it might be a ligament tear.

I am on Aspirin and Ticagrelor blood thinners after having a stent fitted last December.

Ticagrelor is supposed to be for 1 year after having a drug eluting stent fitted.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

Can I tell you all about my Dad. 

He died 13 years ago today aged 86.

Nothing amazing there but when I think about his life I am so proud to be his son. 

Not only was he a war hero, serving on the front line in WW2, he was discharged at the end of his conscription, came home, got married and went back in to joint the Chindits in Burma, dropped behind enemy lines. 

He went on to have 7 children, with me being the youngest. A feat in itself, especially after he went blind overnight when I was very small. 

He carried on working as a (blind) paint sprayer for Ford's... 

He never complained, got on with life and never asked for anything. 

Most people he met never realised he was blind, he did amazing things on his own. 

Every good bit of my personality comes from him, a perfect Gentleman with impeccable manners and a brilliant sense of humour. 

I know this has nothing to do with cruising but I just wanted to share my pride. 

Thank you for reading. 

Andy 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nothing amazing there but when I think about his life I am so proud to be his son. 

Not only was he a war hero, serving on the front line in WW2, he was discharged at the end of his conscription, came home, got married and went back in to joint the Chindits in Burma, dropped behind enemy lines. 

He went on to have 7 children, with me being the youngest. A feat in itself, especially after he went blind overnight when I was very small. 

Most people he met never realised he was blind, he did amazing things on his own. 

Every good bit of my personality comes from him, a perfect Gentleman with impeccable manners and a brilliant sense of humour. 

I know this has nothing to do with cruising but I just wanted to share my pride. 

Thank you for reading. 

Andy 

No need to thank me Andy ,it was a pleasure to read about such a good man . 

Ps .. You have every right to be proud , take care my friend :classic_smile:

take care & stay safe .

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for reading. 

Andy 

Your dad sounded like an amazing man Andy.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

What a lovely tribute to a decent man, Andy. I bet he was proud of you too.

Now I know why the paintwork on my Cortina back in the 70s was a little erratic.🤣

He used to talk about 'Friday afternoon' cars, when they were rushing to get to the pub... 

Andy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for reading. 

Andy 

Andy, I am pleased to have had the privilege to read about your wonderful father. What lovely brave man he was, and I can certainly uderstand why you are so proud of him, as I'm sure he was of you. Thank you for sharing your story.x

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for your kind words.. 

If only I was half the man he was... 

Andy 

I only know you from this forum Andy, but from what I've sensed with your posts, you are every bit the man he was. Don't ever forget that. Your father would have been proud to call you son.x

Avril

• Like 2

Andy - as you know, I'm not into sentimental posts here, but your post brought a tear to the eye of this old curmudgeon. 

I'm sure he would be as proud of you, as you are of him.

We are all our the sum of our parents - sometimes we don't realise that until it is too late.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Andy - as you know, I'm not into sentimental posts here, but your post brought a tear to the eye of this old curmudgeon. 

I'm sure he would be as proud of you, as you are of him.

We are all our the sum of our parents - sometimes we don't realise that until it is too late.  

My life is complete... I got Wowzz to show some emotion!! 😊

Not realising until it is too late is spot on. 

We all need to appreciate what we have. 

I hope you are having a fantastic time Wowzz. 

Andy 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I only know you from this forum Andy, but from what I've sensed with your posts, you are every bit the man he was. Don't ever forget that. Your father would have been proud to call you son.x

Avril

Oh bless you Avril x

Need to go, I have something in my eye😊

Andy 

Good Morning Andy, I hope your feeling good this morning .

Anniversary of a loved one is never easy and can be painful sometimes

thinking back to all the close and happy times shared with them .

All the years we spend on this planet we never understand how beautiful memories

of a loved one can hurt when really they should make us happy?

As others have posted they mould us into who we are and because of that I think 

looking back we are proud to have known them and glad that they live on in our thoughts

where we can still see them.

We all go through those feelings from time to time (even Wowzz :classic_unsure::classic_wink:) and why not ?

I'm glad that we have memories we can keep :classic_smile:

Hope you have a good day take care :classic_smile:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you for reading. 

Andy 

A superb tribute to a fantastic man, thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Your dad sounds lovely   Mine was  a nice man but very military and very Victorian in attitude as were a lot in the  late 40s.

Down here today it is very mild and I have been doing the garden.  I have  been taking up the marigolds that are past their best. Still a lot to  go.  I know it is said that we have our own eco climate here.

I was wondering if nature is as confused as we are this year as I have hundreds of marigold seedlings growing, and the rose bushes are 'leafing'.

• Like 2

It’s lovely here too, though there’s a little bit of a sharp wind which can catch you out if you find yourself in shade.  It’s beautiful in shelter in the (wall to wall) sun. 

It’s all very quiet.  People really taking the lockdown to heart. The only people we saw when out with the dog were others out with their dogs!  Not a lot of vehicles on the road and those that were tended to tradesmen or (empty) buses.  So sad to see the cafes and restaurants shut again.  Let’s hope it has some success.

• Like 2