P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 11/7/2020 at 7:59 AM, ann141 said:

Lovely sunrise photos.Hope you have had a good holiday and that your flight home is on time

Yes thank you Ann we had a lovely full 3 days brake but would Yaoundé believe it , it rained every day we were there 😳 what’s that all about , they hardly ever get any rain and if they do it’s only it’s probably once a year , but the bright side of it was it didn’t last long and it dried up quickly, weather was lovely and hot with a cool breeze, Gatwick airport was a lovely experience with hardly anyone there and security very calm indeed, only let down was boarding gate where everyone tried to be me first on the plane and so no social distancing, plane was full going out and full coming back , just a little headache coming back through passport control we had to have a government entry contract trace form filled out before which we were not informed by airline so that took 15 minutes up to do on iPhone or ther tablets , hope Wowzz knows this too and fills his out on his smart phone beforehand it will save a lot of time and confusion 

sandra

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, kruzseeka said:

Glad you've had a good break and enjoyed the lovely warm weather. 

You're not wrong about the cold - went for a walk by the Bistro on the Beach (thought of you - is your hut in the vicinity?) for a blow and got rather more than we expected - blowing a hoolie and bitterly cold!  Ok walking one way but a challenge walking back.  Sea was exciting though - huge waves. That was the day the cruise ships disappeared (back now.).

Have a safe journey back.

Hi Kruzseeka, yes my beach hut is exactly above the bistro on the beach where the railings is so a bit quieter, and yes we did enjoy our little break and looking for the next one which is five weeks tomorrow to return back out there this time for 10 days 😎

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Last remembrance Sunday we were attending a beautiful service with Captain Gray and his Crew on Oceana. 

We have never missed a local service. 

Today we are watching the cenotaph on the telly... 

How times have changed so quickly. 

Andy 

We were also cruising but were on Ventura.  Your post reminded me that I was in tears at the service listening to a poem being read.  I saved the service sheet and have just found it out.  Here is the poem :IMG_20201108_133828.thumb.jpg.f593c4dfc1530db99fcaf66abff8add2.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Looks a bit "rushed "  .Why did they not move "create" over and leave room for the word "Notification" ?

Also why put "messages" along side when they have never worked ? Maybe they intend to make it a new feature , ?? :classic_unsure:

People are also stuck with old countdown in their signature they cannot hide and what's with the cheap looking squares all over the place ◻️◻️:classic_unsure:. Looks all rushed to update in my opinion .

I suppose it would have been nice to have been informed that a new look site was coming our way

rather than it just appear as it did ..just saying :classic_smile:

......but kalos, and most importantly, we can still chat together😊

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Last remembrance Sunday we were attending a beautiful service with Captain Gray and his Crew on Oceana. 

We have never missed a local service. 

Today we are watching the cenotaph on the telly... 

How times have changed so quickly. 

Andy 

This time last year we were on Britannia and attended their Rememberance Sunday service.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We were also cruising but were on Ventura.  Your post reminded me that I was in tears at the service listening to a poem being read.  I saved the service sheet and have just found it out.  Here is the poem :IMG_20201108_133828.thumb.jpg.f593c4dfc1530db99fcaf66abff8add2.jpg

Thank you we can use that at school this week - we are doing a lot for rememrbance - always have and will always continue to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just watched it too.  Pretty good really considering so few people.  Love hearing all the music.  I am remember my lovely Mum today.  She was a WAAF in WWII and she died at 11 am on 11/11/95.  Very apt.  She always marched with the British Legion to her local church in Midhurst wearing her medals.

I am waiting to see whether the doc can get me a scan of this knee, because without it can't possibly know what damage I have done.  I imagine I will probably have to pay privately for one.

Hi Jean I had an ultrascan in September so you might find this interesting.

I heard nothing for 2 weeks after seeing the doctor so I  rang the hospital appointments.

A lovely lady said your doctor didn't say it was urgent so no scan was booked.

After a nice chat she got me an appointment which confirmed what it was so I rang my doctor who gave me the covid19 speal about waiting a couple of months because no clinics were operating.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi Kruzseeka, yes my beach hut is exactly above the bistro on the beach where the railings is so a bit quieter, and yes we did enjoy our little break and looking for the next one which is five weeks tomorrow to return back out there this time for 10 days 😎

Lovely spot and quieter with plenty of room up off the prom.  Hopefully we'll have some good days for you to enjoy (wrapped up if course!) before your next escape to the warmth.  Glad you had a good time. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes thank you Ann we had a lovely full 3 days brake but would Yaoundé believe it , it rained every day we were there 😳 what’s that all about , they hardly ever get any rain and if they do it’s only it’s probably once a year , but the bright side of it was it didn’t last long and it dried up quickly, weather was lovely and hot with a cool breeze, Gatwick airport was a lovely experience with hardly anyone there and security very calm indeed, only let down was boarding gate where everyone tried to be me first on the plane and so no social distancing, plane was full going out and full coming back , just a little headache coming back through passport control we had to have a government entry contract trace form filled out before which we were not informed by airline so that took 15 minutes up to do on iPhone or ther tablets , hope Wowzz knows this too and fills his out on his smart phone beforehand it will save a lot of time and confusion 

sandra

I'm pleased to hear you had a nice time away.

Graham.

• Like 1

Pleasant walk round the village this afternoon. Just the wife and myself. Met a fair few friends, also exercising.

Socio-legal dilemma for couples out walking: lockdown regulations allow exercise walks, but what about meeting other people if you want to keep within the law?

Bubbles aside, two people together can meet one other person.  So if two couples happen to meet, it’s an illegal gathering, even outside in the street? Even socially distanced. Break up into two groups of two, maybe? Probably still technically illegal.

What to do if your name’s not Dominic Cummings?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear you had a nice time away.

Graham.

Thank you Graham it was a good little break to recharge battery looking after mother in law,  she did have a fall while I was away and father in-law did too but he’s 86 , but she really improved while I was away and now got dressed after 4 weeks so our December 21st trip looks good to go at the moment!! But who knows 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Graham it was a good little break to recharge battery looking after mother in law,  she did have a fall while I was away and father in-law did too but he’s 86 , but she really improved while I was away and now got dressed after 4 weeks so our December 21st trip looks good to go at the moment!! But who knows 😉

🤞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Pleasant walk round the village this afternoon. Just the wife and myself. Met a fair few friends, also exercising.

Socio-legal dilemma for couples out walking: lockdown regulations allow exercise walks, but what about meeting other people if you want to keep within the law?

Bubbles aside, two people together can meet one other person.  So if two couples happen to meet, it’s an illegal gathering, even outside in the street? Even socially distanced. Break up into two groups of two, maybe? Probably still technically illegal.

Lie, and make up the most ridiculous story you can think of. You never know, if it works for one!!!.......😉

Avril

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

You could also try having a game of golf , at the moment it is an offence to play the game 

but the good news is you can walk around the course providing you have no clubs or golf

balls with you :classic_wacko:

So should you come across someones lost golf ball I would advise finding a also lost set of

golf clubs and knock the ball away from you preferably knocking it into a hole marked by a flag.:classic_unsure:

If you are unsure you could try to get rid of said ball 18 times .

(Advice is given by a government adviser .. D . Cummings?) So must be true :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

hope Wowzz knows this too and fills his out on his smart phone beforehand it will save a lot of time and confusion 

Thanks - Jet2 texted me a minute or two after we made our booking  to tell us about the form. All done and loaded on to our  phones. 

Lovely day today again. Do you like my feet?20201108_125440.thumb.jpg.7fae7024651749f4330e9a1719307770.jpgb

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I have no idea why my picture is upside down! 

Anyway, hopefully you get the idea!

We have no idea either Wowzz ,you will just have to accept defeat,that the feet are upside down.

It could have been worse ,how a couple more feet in your photo would have made such a difference,

especially if they had been the right way up in your photo, then people would have started asking questions ! :classic_unsure:

Have a safe Journey home :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After 15 years of mostly going to the in-laws (and occasionally to see my parents) on Sundays I've now been getting plenty of practice making Sunday dinners.

Just when I was thinking I'd got the hang of Yorkshire puddings:

IMG_1181.JPG

Yesterday they went out of control:

IMG_1188.JPG

Still tasty though!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 5