P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just spent the last half hour or so reading through the posts since I was last on here. 

Hope all goes well for you Graham. A lovely tribute to your father Andy.

It's over cast and chilly down here today but not windy.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:48 PM, jeanlyon said:

Nooooo, cheer up.  Can't have you feeling down.  Where in the South West are you?  I'm in the South Hams.

We're down in West Cornwall.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:12 PM, Adawn47 said:

Many of us seem to be having these low days recently, including yours truly, and that's not a normal occurrence for me😉 It may be a comfort to know that your daughter will probably be a lot safer in Greece than here at the moment, and will be home in plenty of time for Christmas. Dad used to tell me that sometimes life will throw 💩 at you, and all can do is accept it, work through it, put it behind you and move forward. So keep posting, keep smiling😊 and stay safe😷

Avril

Knowing my daughter she might be safer from the pandemic but she was bought home from Thailand with a broken arm!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Just spent the last half hour or so reading through the posts since I was last on here. 

Knowing my daughter she might be safer from the pandemic but she was bought home from Thailand with a broken arm!! 

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear your daughter has a broken arm.

Hopefully it will mend completely.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your daughter has a broken arm.

Hopefully it will mend completely.

Thank you Graham, it has mended well.

Re- reading my post, it's a bit confusing.  Going to Greece and being bought home from Thailand. Think my brian's  become addled!!  

She's gone to Greece to escape lockdown but she went to Thailand two years ago and got bought home by the insurance company as she had broken her arm.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Given a choice I think I'd rather have the broken arm. We love Thailand😉

Avril

I’m sorry guys I can’t seem to work my iPad out with the new layout of the forum but it’s fine on my iPhone 😡 I can’t write anything under my photos on my iPad so above is some photos where I stayed for the 4 days I was away , the beach of Caletta de Fuste, and on top of the hill , very quite and not everything open and the plane photo is flying over Lanzarote so I gave Wowzz a wave 👋🏻 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, purplesea said:

Thank you Graham, it has mended well.

Re- reading my post, it's a bit confusing.  Going to Greece and being bought home from Thailand. Think my brian's  become addled!!  

She's gone to Greece to escape lockdown but she went to Thailand two years ago and got bought home by the insurance company as she had broken her arm.

I only get addled after a few voddies,cheers,Brian.

Just catching up on this thread, hope your eye op goes well Graham.

What a lovely post about your dad Andy, he sounds an amazing man.

I always say the best thing my parents did for me was give me a happy childhood, making me feel loved and secure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I always say the best thing my parents did for me was give me a happy childhood, making me feel loved and secure.

We don't always appreciate it at the time, looking back we realise how lucky we were to be kept safe and be loved. 

Andy 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

This new format is pants.You can't see where the quotes end and the reply starts.Also the superimposed likes,what's all that about?

Looks a bit "rushed "  .Why did they not move "create" over and leave room for the word "Notification" ?

Also why put "messages" along side when they have never worked ? Maybe they intend to make it a new feature , ?? :classic_unsure:

People are also stuck with old countdown in their signature they cannot hide and what's with the cheap looking squares all over the place ◻️◻️:classic_unsure:. Looks all rushed to update in my opinion .

I suppose it would have been nice to have been informed that a new look site was coming our way

rather than it just appear as it did ..just saying :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Just catching up on this thread, hope your eye op goes well Graham.

What a lovely post about your dad Andy, he sounds an amazing man.

Thanks Sue.

Pre op checks on December 7th then all being well probably have the op a week or 2 later.

I need my cardiac consultant to give the okay to stop the blood thinner medication 1 week before the op.

• Like 2

Good morning, on this cold a foggy morning where I am anyway, it must be as the heating keeps

coming to life in our house today .

Sat gazing out into the cold garden watching the birds on the feeders ,thinking to myself ..

The covid is still here and I hope all the NHS staff are safe and well as they battle this terrible disease,which I truly thank them for.

Then my mind turns to today ,Remembrance Sunday and think to myself "

What we are going through is nothing compared to what they must have gone through back then "

At least I Have a warm house to remember them from .

I know some today are planning on standing on their doorsteps at the eleventh hour to remember them ,just like we did for the NHS this summer.

I wish I could say I will be there on the doorstep today but due to my medical condition and the weather sadly it will not be happening .

I will not forget them though I will watch the service on TV today and will also light a few candles

for them . I will not forget them .  

tenor.gif.e787a3b16ab35294f3261808157b267d.gif

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just watched it too.  Pretty good really considering so few people.  Love hearing all the music.  I am remember my lovely Mum today.  She was a WAAF in WWII and she died at 11 am on 11/11/95.  Very apt.  She always marched with the British Legion to her local church in Midhurst wearing her medals.

I am waiting to see whether the doc can get me a scan of this knee, because without it can't possibly know what damage I have done.  I imagine I will probably have to pay privately for one.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I've been waiting years for a goalkeeper to stand still and catch a cheeky chipped penalty straight down the middle. It was joyous.

Last week Fabianski dived out of the way of Salahs penalty... If he had stood still, he could have passed it back to him.. 

Perhaps he learnt from that., 

Andy 

• Like 1

I’ve also been watching Remembrance Sunday on TV.

It’s also a time when I remember my mum and dad, as we always watched the parade on TV and observed the 2 minutes silence, even when I was very small.

also my dad served in WW2, in France, North Africa and Italy, and my mum’s birthday was on 12th November

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just watched it too.  Pretty good really considering so few people.  Love hearing all the music.  I am remember my lovely Mum today.  She was a WAAF in WWII and she died at 11 am on 11/11/95.  Very apt.  She always marched with the British Legion to her local church in Midhurst wearing her medals.

I am waiting to see whether the doc can get me a scan of this knee, because without it can't possibly know what damage I have done.  I imagine I will probably have to pay privately for one.

Aw. Jean, lovely to hear about your Mum. I’m not sure what Midhurst did today, but in Petworth a few miles away they certainly had a service and wreath laying. I’m sure Midhurst would have done the same.

Good luck with the knee. X

• Like 1

Just having a read at the Sunday papers as I do ,it amazes me how they all have their own 

angle/agenda on how the covid is doing around the UK.

Some papers would have us believe that all is fine and the lockdown is fake and should not be happening .

Looking at the facts and figures they are pumping out could make your head spin , if you let them .

If we look at  North Lincs  as has been discussed on here and was taken to be very low risk, now if we look at what the NHS is saying today, I think we need to keep safe and not get complacent.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13139968/covid-hospital-incident-major/

Stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos