P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

43 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I am pleased that you are feeling brighter today and things generally are better.

Happy Birthday to Pauline and also to Dermotsgirl who has a birthday today as well I think

My birthday is on Monday - but thanks in advance!

• Like 3

Anyone else watching The Dog House on Ch 4 on Thursdays (all episodes available to stream now on All4)?

A bit contrived, but a must see if you like dogs. Make sure you have plenty of handkerchiefs to hand - I always seem to get a bit of grit in my eye when I watch it!

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Well with the clips out yesterday and shower and hair wash last evening, I am feeling good.  Hardly any pain, and getting around OK.  Husband is hoovering!!!

That's really good news. Sounds like you are making a good recovery 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all.  Well with the clips out yesterday and shower and hair wash last evening, I am feeling good.  Hardly any pain, and getting around OK.  Husband is hoovering!!!

Morning Jean. I'm glad you're feeling good now. It's amazing how much better you feel after a good shower. It's good to know you have a well trained husband😉 I face-timed with my friend last night, and she's looking much better now too. I caught her eating a jacket potato and cheese, so her appetite is improving😁

Avril

• Like 2

Lots of various shipping sheltering in Lyme Bay off the South Devon coast this morning. Strong westerly winds with heavy showers. Very pleasant when the sun comes out.

We have Arcadia, Queen Mary 2, Ventura and Marella Explorer 2 in view from Teignmouth, moored off Babbacombe, and I think Marella Explorer is in Torbay with some of the Holland America vessels.

The sea looks quite calm with the offshore wind but I think there is quite a swell.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to Pauline and to Dermotsgirl for Monday .

Thankfully the rain, sleet and hail has stopped here and the sun has decided to show an appearance. Am very glad we didn't go for our walk today !

• Thanks 1

My mam thought I had super powers , she would say to me ..

Wipe that look off your face now ! :classic_wacko:

She also thought she could teleport me  as I remember her saying ...

I'll knock you into middle of next week !  I think it only worked when she got mad:classic_unsure:

At a young age her memory began to fade  She said to me ...

Who do you think you're talking to ?

The worst one was when she thought I was daft  ... 

Come here now and I'll thump you :classic_ohmy: I never did for some reason :classic_rolleyes:

Aren't Mum's brill ?  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Well we've just priced up the cruise we have booked for 2022 on Ventura out of curiosity. The same cabin on starboard is coming out at £2000 more expensive than what we paid so we feel quite pleased about that. The ship is pretty much full so am guessing this is the reason why but it still makes us feel like we did well for a 2 week Canary Island Cruise high season 🙂 We have paid just over £3,200 and it is now coming out at £5,200 with the same amount of on board spend.

:-)

18 hours ago, SarahHben said:

My husband and I got the texts today inviting us to have our vaccines so we’re having our jabs on Monday. I was surprised it was so soon, I didn’t realise they were into the 50+ group already.

Great news. I'm convinced it's down to each local doctor's practice. My wife's surgery are now vaccinating the 40 something's, meanwhile our surgery still hasn't got to 57's. I now know several people younger than me who have been vaccinated and good luck to them.

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks for your kind remarks everyone.  It’s difficult deciding whether it’s best to just go, leaving people wondering if anything untoward has happened, or making an announcement and potentially looking like an attention seeker/drama queen 

So, I’m going to take that break.  Best wishes

I think that you're doing exactly the right thing.

All the best.

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well we've just priced up the cruise we have booked for 2022 on Ventura out of curiosity. The same cabin on starboard is coming out at £2000 more expensive than what we paid so we feel quite pleased about that. The ship is pretty much full so am guessing this is the reason why but it still makes us feel like we did well for a 2 week Canary Island Cruise high season 🙂 We have paid just over £3,200 and it is now coming out at £5,200 with the same amount of on board spend.

🙂

We spoiled ourself with a suite for this cruise (the price was less than we've paid in the past for standard cabins in school holidays) and following your lead I've just had a look. They're sold out!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Great news. I'm convinced it's down to each local doctor's practice. My wife's surgery are now vaccinating the 40 something's, meanwhile our surgery still hasn't got to 57's. I now know several people younger than me who have been vaccinated and good luck to them.

If you go on to the NHS site if you are 57 you can book your own vaccine at one of the many vaccine centres near you. You can book your follow up date as well so no need to wait for your GP surgery. PS This is quite acceptable and not jumping the queue or anything

Have a look at this link

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy Birthday to Pauline and to Dermotsgirl for Monday .

Thankfully the rain, sleet and hail has stopped here and the sun has decided to show an appearance. Am very glad we didn't go for our walk today !

Thanks Presto.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

If you go on to the NHS site if you are 57 you can book your own vaccine at one of the many vaccine centres near you. You can book your follow up date as well so no need to wait for your GP surgery. PS This is quite acceptable and not jumping the queue or anything

Have a look at this link

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Thanks, I’m not 57 myself but I know someone who is! Thankfully I got the NHS invitation this week and I have booked myself in for a vaccination rather than wait for the surgery to catch up.

• Like 1