P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

That's my attitude Graham. My parents worked hard, had nothing and died relatively young. Always food on the table but little else. The life I lead now is a world away and unfortunately they were not around to enjoy some it.

Times are tough but at least we are not worrying about where the £5 is coming from.

Total agree, we are the lucky generation, it's the future of today's younger generation that I fear for.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

That's my attitude Graham. My parents worked hard, had nothing and died relatively young. Always food on the table but little else. The life I lead now is a world away and unfortunately they were not around to enjoy some it.

Times are tough but at least we are not worrying about where the £5 is coming from.

Totally agree with this, my grandparents only travelled as far as Scotland and my parents as far as Cyprus. Now we expect to be able to fly long haul to places they had never even heard of.
My mum lived in a rented back to back with no hot water or electricity until she got married in 1957 when they were very very lucky to be able to buy a new build semi as their first home. How lucky we are to have had the experience of cruising and seeing the world and like you say not having to worry about where the next £5 came from

Michelle

• Like 4

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My late mam and dad stayed in a hotel in the Scottish Highlands about 20 years ago and said a particular couple were complaining about everything which soured the atmosphere.

On departure this couple were smirking and pleased with themselves saying they got their money back from the hotel.

They said they enjoyed the hotel but by complaining they made everyone miserable and got a free stay.

We've got an acquaintance like that.  He'll book a cheap room in a fancy hotel.  When he gets there he moans until they upgrade him for free or refund him.  Loaded with money as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

My sentiments exactly. After looking after the family and making sure they never wanted for anything, it's now time to spoil ourselves for a change.

Avril

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've got an acquaintance like that.  He'll book a cheap room in a fancy hotel.  When he gets there he moans until they upgrade him for free or refund him.  Loaded with money as well.  

That's why he's loaded, I'd rather keep my integrity.

Avril

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

10°C mild and sunny here.

I have been doing sales calls and just popped home to see Pauline and have some lunch then back out again shortly to see a few more customers.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

I hope the knees hold out ,take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope the knees hold out ,take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

I have an appointment in the morning with the surgery nurse for blood tests and will ask if they will change my Atorvastatin to another statin as I suspect it is causing a lot of my joint pain.

• Like 3

I read something online this morning and can’t for the life of me remember where now - something about Thorntons Franchises still remaining open. One franchisee was really disgruntled as they hadn’t been told about the latest events and said that things had been going downhill since they started selling their products in supermarkets. Wish I could find the link!

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

I have an appointment in the morning with the surgery nurse for blood tests and will ask if they will change my Atorvastatin to another statin as I suspect it is causing a lot of my joint pain.

I am on the same, seem to get similar joint problems, I have a review of medication call with GP tomorrow will mention it our discussion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

This popped up in my Twitter feed this morning anyone used EZE Parking at Southampton?

Ezeparking boss pleads guilty flouting consumer protection legislation

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19152857.ezeparking-boss-convicted-southampton-ticket-scam/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That’s an interesting method of evading parking fees mentioned there! Not so interesting if it’s your car though. 😱

Morning all, I was going to post about a hoo har I’m having with my vaccination which took up a lot of time last night, seems appropriate after the P&O news this morning!

I had my first jab in January organised through my work although I had to go about 45 minutes away. I enjoyed the drive to be honest, it was nice to get  out! Next one due 31st March exactly 12 weeks to the day.

Last night I got a text to say they’d all been cancelled 😡 and to rebook. I clicked on the link and found I could go to Chatham (10 minutes away) Gravesend (20 minutes) or Folkestone (about an hour!)

Panicking as from past experience they get booked up quickly I booked for Gravesend but it was 13 weeks from my first one! Trying to book on my phone screen and having to put in my medication details while checking John’s work schedule (he has to drive me) all part of the stress! The Chatham one  didn’t have a suitable date.

This morning I’ve just checked my work emails and it had a list of suggested dates. For the date I need it suggested Folkestone this Sunday!! Earlier than the 12 weeks but do we want to go that far?? Now waiting for John to respond to my text in his break but that will be a couple of hours yet!

What a faff! Someone I work with hasn’t got health conditions like myself and another colleague so she was envious when we got our jabs. Now it’s  going so well she was invited to a much closer venue and last week got her second one! Through our work again!

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this sue  as you say it’s all very stressful for quite a few in your situation and dates been cancelled, I really hope you get one quickly and near to you , if I lived nearer to you I would take you there myself so your husband wouldn’t have to take time off or work around his times schedule, we are lucky that we have several options to go to places near by to get vaccinated, hope you get a result soon 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, I was going to post about a hoo har I’m having with my vaccination which took up a lot of time last night, seems appropriate after the P&O news this morning!

I had my first jab in January organised through my work although I had to go about 45 minutes away. I enjoyed the drive to be honest, it was nice to get  out! Next one due 31st March exactly 12 weeks to the day.

Last night I got a text to say they’d all been cancelled 😡 and to rebook. I clicked on the link and found I could go to Chatham (10 minutes away) Gravesend (20 minutes) or Folkestone (about an hour!)

Panicking as from past experience they get booked up quickly I booked for Gravesend but it was 13 weeks from my first one! Trying to book on my phone screen and having to put in my medication details while checking John’s work schedule (he has to drive me) all part of the stress! The Chatham one  didn’t have a suitable date.

This morning I’ve just checked my work emails and it had a list of suggested dates. For the date I need it suggested Folkestone this Sunday!! Earlier than the 12 weeks but do we want to go that far?? Now waiting for John to respond to my text in his break but that will be a couple of hours yet!

What a faff! Someone I work with hasn’t got health conditions like myself and another colleague so she was envious when we got our jabs. Now it’s  going so well she was invited to a much closer venue and last week got her second one! Through our work again!

If I drove I would take you to Chatham! I hope you get it sorted x

• Like 1

OK so I might get told orf for putting this on here but I might save some posters a lot of time today!!

Finally got through to register for P and O and was told very firmly that P and O have given strict instructions about no registering.  We can only ring on Monday morning. It will be chaos.

I'll get me tin 'at!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Finally got through to register for P and O and was told very firmly that P and O have given strict instructions about no registering.  We can only ring on Monday morning. It will be chaos.

I'll get me tin 'at!

I'll get me tin 'at!  ... Where's your mask ? You need a mask and a double jab !:classic_ohmy:

Joking apart you will have saved someone a lot of time if they read your post.:classic_love:

Good luck Monday if and when you ring :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who said they’d take me that’s very kind 😊

I’ve re-booked for this Sunday but at Folkestone!! With the help of my friend at work who was messaging me what was available! Once you’ve booked you can’t see the appointments without cancelling!

It’s a bit of a drive but at least it will be done! Looking forward to telling John as I decided I just had to do it! He’s got a 4 day weekend this week so plenty of time to do what else he wants to do 😆

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

OK so I might get told orf for putting this on here but I might save some posters a lot of time today!!

I'll get me tin 'at!

What are you going for? Britannia or Iona?

18 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s an interesting method of evading parking fees mentioned there! Not so interesting if it’s your car though. 😱

There was a video on the local TV coverage the other night.  Hairy!  About three cars tailgating the first one with a valid ticket - then when the next ones had to stop, they waited for the firm's 'lead' car to re-enter the car park on a 15 min ticket and repeat the process.  At least 6 cars escaped charges based on that 15 min ticket. Biggest wonder some cars didn't get damaged.  I'm surprised the penalties weren't greater - customers being ripped off big time and misrepresentation of the service being offered. I think the moral of this is tale is - avoid this company.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

There was a video on the local TV coverage the other night.  Hairy!  About three cars tailgating the first one with a valid ticket - then when the next ones had to stop, they waited for the firm's 'lead' car to re-enter the car park on a 15 min ticket and repeat the process.  At least 6 cars escaped charges based on that 15 min ticket. Biggest wonder some cars didn't get damaged.  I'm surprised the penalties weren't greater - customers being ripped off big time and misrepresentation of the service being offered. I think the moral of this is tale is - avoid this company.

Thanks - didn't know there was a video. Amazing!

• Like 1

Latest travel news ...

The country Iceland is to opens borders - but only to fully vaccinated visitors

From 18 March this exemption will apply to citizens outside the Schengen area,

including the UK and USA," .

I think the supermarkets remain unchanged :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3