P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It’s a strange old day really and something that the staff were very aware of     at primary level. We made cards every year but stressed that they could be for mothers, grandmothers, aunts etc. Father’s day didn’t feature at all - it would simply be too problematic and cause real distress to some pupils. Sad but true. 

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:
1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."
5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."
10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."
16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
BE AWARE ...THEY WALK AMONG US and THEY VOTE.....
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:
THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:
1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
2. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."
5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."
10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."
16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
BE AWARE ...THEY WALK AMONG US and THEY VOTE.....

I agree with number 12...Very unfair😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I agree with number 12...Very unfair😊

I agree, I think Boris should abandon his tunnel from  Scotland to Ireland and spend the money on making the UK a floating island so we can follow the sun without needing to fly overseas.🙂

• Haha 2

A lovely morning here in Lincs.  The first day this year I have felt like opening some windows without feeling that one should to keep germs away.  Miniature daffodils round the base of the magnolia stellata on the lawn are fully out, and the magnolia will not be long.

My son put up some new nest boxes in the garden yesterday, and a blue tit has already been inspecting.  Like many, I got some lovely flowers, chocs, and even a balloon which was not included in the order, and is now flying above the sink attached to the tap.

Feeling a bit more positive about most things; I hope everyone else is too.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

A lovely morning here in Lincs.  The first day this year I have felt like opening some windows without feeling that one should to keep germs away.  Miniature daffodils round the base of the magnolia stellata on the lawn are fully out, and the magnolia will not be long.

My son put up some new nest boxes in the garden yesterday, and a blue tit has already been inspecting.  Like many, I got some lovely flowers, chocs, and even a balloon which was not included in the order, and is now flying above the sink attached to the tap.

Feeling a bit more positive about most things; I hope everyone else is too.

It is a lovely morning here, blue skies, no wind, no rain the birds are singing, hairdressers in Wales are opening today. We were up at silly o'clock to sort stuff out as we are having a new boiler fitted today. Have the best day you can peeps.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:26 AM, ann141 said:

I am pleased that you are feeling brighter today and things generally are better.

Happy Birthday to Pauline and also to Dermotsgirl who has a birthday today as well I think

On 3/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, kalos said:

Sorry I missed this but ....     animated-birthday-image-0204.gif.5cccfd096215ed24477baa92f8405bf9.gif Dermotsgirl :classic_smile: 

7 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Happy Birthday to Dermotsgirl, I hope you have a lovely day.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.1b5fdc49d1bf64f94389c01bd2d65f3e.gifDermotsgirl .. :classic_unsure: Have a good day :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

6°C cold but sunny with a high of 9°C later.

I have been arranging some calls for tomorrow.

Pauline is off today so shortly we are going to take a walk to the postbox.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Good morning all. A lovely sunny day here, the daffodils are coming up at last and it feels like spring has finally arrived. 

I’m on the mend with a normal temperature. It’s an ill wind that blows no good as they say, I have lost a few pounds over the last few weeks (a few stone would have been better but every little helps).

I’m enjoying just sitting up and watching the birds start to build nests, we have several in the garden.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning all. A lovely sunny day here, the daffodils are coming up at last and it feels like spring has finally arrived. 

I’m on the mend with a normal temperature. It’s an ill wind that blows no good as they say, I have lost a few pounds over the last few weeks (a few stone would have been better but every little helps).

I’m enjoying just sitting up and watching the birds start to build nests, we have several in the garden.

Glad to hear you are beginning to feeling better. Wishing you a speedy recovery to full health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Eglesbrech.

Pleased to hear you are feeling a lot better now.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Glad you are beginning to improve., Eglesbrech

Happy Birthday to dermotsgirl as well🎂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1