P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

If I disappear from CC for a while, don’t be alarmed.  I’m low; I’m bored with circular arguments and I think it’s break time.  Maybe only for a day or two, maybe until things look better, maybe when I actually have a cruise in prospect!  Who knows?

I'm sorry you're feeling so low Eddie, but it's understandable under the current circmstances. We've all reached that point at sometime at least once this last 12 months, and have personally coped in our particular way. I did the same as you're considering, and disappeared for a while. I found that it helped me. Some quiet time and walks and cuddles with the puppy could be good therapy for  you personally. Whatever you decide, please remember that you have many supportive friends on this forum, who will still be here if needed. Take care. 🤗x

Avril

• Like 10

9 hours ago, kalos said:

No problem , I knew you would be worried about him. He looked very weak

when we discovered him and would not eat anything we tried to feed him .

Then as you say your prayers were answered ! We had some old duck pate 

left over and he really seemed to have a taste for it, he wolfed the lot down.

It was at that time he took flight as though he knew where he was going .

home in search of more duck flavoured treats no doubt .All's well that ends  

well and I thought I'd share the good news with you .:classic_smile:

Take care and stay safe .

To be honest I am a mad animal / wildlife lover so I don't normally wish ill on God's creatures .... well not normally.

Because I "am soft for anything that lives, eats and breathes" - according to Mr Presto - I struggle when nature is cruel. (If this makes any sense)

Just don't send Harry back as I need my sleep .....

🙂

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

To be honest I am a mad animal / wildlife lover so I don't normally wish ill on God's creatures .... well not normally.

Because I "am soft for anything that lives, eats and breathes" - according to Mr Presto - I struggle when nature is cruel. (If this makes any sense)

Just don't send Harry back as I need my sleep .....

🙂

If Harry has nested in the area in the past he will be back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

You should talk!  Our company went bust and we have been put with EDF until they can sort it out!

I changed Green Network a couple of weeks before they went bust. Eon have closed my account and I have made two DDs to Green Network  ! I have been advised to wait and EDF will take it on and I won't lose my money, nightmare.

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

Sorry to hear you are feeling low.Please don't disappear from CC.I always find your posts quite encouraging and positive which I feel helps when I am having a down day.Take Care

Hear hear!

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I would wish Pauline a happy birthday for tomorrow Graham but Wowzz might take offence😊... 

Stuff him, we hope she has a fantastic day. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Thanks Andy.

Confused about Wowzz?🤔

Graham.👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope everyone is ok.  Are you having crazy weather like we are - bright sunshine & blue sky one minute, hammering rain the next.  Nice rainbows though  🌈  Haven’t found the crock of gold.

Feeling pretty low today.  An anniversary sort of thing, I think.  I well remember Friday 13 March 2020.  Johnson had done his first broadcast the day before - “a lot of people are going to die “ sort of thing, and people had started their own voluntary lockdown.  It was a nice day and we walked to the pub.  It’s normally rammed on a Friday lunchtime but there were hardly any customers.  We had a soup but didn’t feel comfortable and didn’t stay long.

And that was it, basically.  Haven’t felt free since.  Still watching cases rise again in Europe and stop falling in the devolved nations here.  That might be ok if vaccination means cases do not progress to serious illness, hospitalisation and deaths.  We’ll see.  I’d still rather err on the side of caution and forego thought of holidays this year to secure holidays every other year.

If I disappear from CC for a while, don’t be alarmed.  I’m low; I’m bored with circular arguments and I think it’s break time.  Maybe only for a day or two, maybe until things look better, maybe when I actually have a cruise in prospect!  Who knows?

Take care.  Be well

Take care Eddie.

You sound a little deflated but chatting with your friends helps a lot.

Things are looking a lot better now with the vaccines and hopefully in 3 month's we can all look forward to holidays.

Stay safe and keep in touch.

Graham.

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

He started his very own thread a while back about how we shouldn't wish people happy birthday on a cruise forum... 

Andy 

Thanks Andy.

I forgot about that thread.

I will pass on your birthday wishes to Pauline and anyone elses birthday wishes too.

Graham.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Andy.

I forgot about that thread.

I will pass on your birthday wishes to Pauline and anyone elses birthday wishes too.

Graham.

Please wish Pauline a happy birthday from me too

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My husband and I got the texts today inviting us to have our vaccines so we’re having our jabs on Monday. I was surprised it was so soon, I didn’t realise they were into the 50+ group already.

Great news.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My husband and I got the texts today inviting us to have our vaccines so we’re having our jabs on Monday. I was surprised it was so soon, I didn’t realise they were into the 50+ group already.

Oh that is good news. Bet that’s made your weekend!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Fantastic news Sarah.

Pauline said thank you for your birthday wishes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I would wish Pauline a happy birthday for tomorrow Graham but Wowzz might take offence😊... 

Stuff him, we hope she has a fantastic day. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Happy Birthday Pauline  - a big sloppy kiss from me!

• Like 4

Thanks for your kind remarks everyone.  It’s difficult deciding whether it’s best to just go, leaving people wondering if anything untoward has happened, or making an announcement and potentially looking like an attention seeker/drama queen 

So, I’m going to take that break.  Best wishes

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks for your kind remarks everyone.  It’s difficult deciding whether it’s best to just go, leaving people wondering if anything untoward has happened, or making an announcement and potentially looking like an attention seeker/drama queen 

So, I’m going to take that break.  Best wishes

Take care Eddie. 

Do what's best for you. 

Andy 

• Like 2