P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes and as somebody else said, Prince Edward has no uniform either.

Oh I'm wrong, he did 3 years in the Marines.

I think you were right,he flunked the course after a few months and didn't get his green beret.He did better than me though,I didn't enlist.

• Like 1

Today after holding on to the Meadow-hell gift card the guys at work got me when 

I was laid up in hospital cardio unit 18 months ago, I have finally been out shopping !

Armed with my mask ,gift card and trusty Mrs at my side ,off we went to buy a tablet

out of Currys ,with good reason as they are price matching other stores, so ended up

buying one almost £50 cheaper than any other store .Downside is it was not  in stock 

so I will have to wait until next week for delivery. The most weird thing about going out 

shopping was Mrs Kalos did not attempt to spend anything whilst we were out but told 

me not to worry as she will be going online later today !  :classic_unsure: To soften the blow she has

made me a refreshing Tuna salad to take my mind off her surfing skills :classic_smile: Still it's turning

out to be a nice day:classic_love: 

• Like 9

Your lunch looks good Graham.  Slightly more salubrious than our surroundings, perhaps, but we walked by the river to ours and were thus able to have 2 drinks, in celebration 

Pup was a good girl, so she’s starting her pub training early.  She had a little bit of fat off OH’s steak, once we had finished eating, so is hopefully learning that it pays to lay low and quiet

Ohmygoodness it was so nice to do NORMAL things

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, BrianI said:

According to Wikipedia, he joined the Marines in 1986 after leaving University. He dropped out of the Marines in Jan 1987 after completing one third of a 12 month commando course.

Brian 

Perhaps he could wear his outfit from the memorable family edition of ' It's a knockout '

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

My dear dad, who was an actual Royal Marine, and so proud of it, will be not just turning, but swivelling in his grave to think of Edward being permitted to wear the uniform! Jane.x

Nobody is wearing uniform.  They will be in morning coats.  It's just been announced.

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Nobody is wearing uniform.  They will be in morning coats.  It's just been announced.

Yes I know Jean. I heard it on the radio earlier. I was just giving my thoughts about some of the earlier posts which were suggesting military uniform for Harry, Andrew, and Edward. Now resolved. Jane.x

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Probably a wise move, whatever they wear someone will kick up a fuss, I just wish people would let them get on with it, at such a sad time for their family.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Probably a wise move, whatever they wear someone will kick up a fuss, I just wish people would let them get on with it, at such a sad time for their family.

You're right Phil and no doubt something will be considered wrong/inappropriate/tasteless on Saturday. I hope above all things that The Queen is supported and cherished by her family. Jane.x

• Like 7

Morning everyone, beautiful day here in fact we have had a few nice days this week. Hubby gone into work today for the first time for a few weeks then he is back playing walking football tonight for the first time in ages. We are seeing our grandchildren tmoro which we are looking forward to. 
Have a nice weekend and stay safe

Michelle 

• Like 7