P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Another lovely morning here in Bolton. Not only are the cows out but a beautiful red fox is roaming amongst them. For a short time it was in the narrow wood between our garden and the field so I locked the cat in. She wouldn’t stand a chance against the fox. Fence painting for us today but will watch the events in Windsor later. Very sad day.

• Like 1

A nice bright sunny day here too after a frosty start although our temp is only forecast to rise to 11c, but there's no wind so might be feel a bit warmer.

Hubby just had a call from surgery asking if he would like to come up now for his second jab, instead of waiting for his appointment. Hope he doesn't get any reaction to it as he did first time round🤞

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

You do know that you can increase your pension substantially if you defer for a year or two - or even more if you want?  I’ll leave you to look up details but I do remember when it was my time to decide it was reckoned that I only had to live 18 months beyond my statutory pension date to firstly break even and then “win” from that point onwards

https://www.gov.uk/deferring-state-pension

I expect everyone knows this but I’m sure I was unaware until very close to the actual pension date

I could have retired at 60 but deferred mine. Frank was still working so I decided to retire at the same time. Pointless mooching around on on my own, so I kept earning money. A word of warning though Eddie, don't claim your pension and keep working, you will pay more income tax.

Avril

• Like 1

Bright blue skies here in Manchester. Off out delivering home made giant birthday cup cakes today. Then out for dinner for the first time since 4th November 2020!

Tomorrow head Cleveleys en-route to to the Lake District on Monday. All self contained accommodation, so need the break away from the same four walls.

B8609BB4-71E7-4956-A473-9C399F406252.jpeg

8F44A348-E37F-4548-812B-3A1F2BD97C01.jpeg

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 8

Another beautiful day here as well, if we were in a warmer airstream the last week would have been a heatwave, in fact I hope all those venturing out for a Saturday lunch in the pub beer garden are remembering to put plenty of sun cream on if they are sitting in the sunshine.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for your kind words. We are excited, maybe more so than on the day before a cruise holiday. I hope it never wears off. I like the phrase ‘sometimes-home’ 🙂

Have a lovely fews days in beautiful Wales Pete. I hope the weather is kind to you and judging by the pictures both you and Presto have posted, it looks a very relaxing spot.

Avril

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another lovely sunny day here in West Yorkshire, I have spent most of the day sat out reading, pottering in the garden, I even washed the car which isn't one of my favourite jobs these days. A real sense of spring in the air, watching the birds collecting materials for their nests, even the pesky midges and greenfly have come out to play. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter and family tomorrow, not seen them since before Christmas.

Enjoy the day with your family today Mr & Mrs Phil. The sun is shining for you again so don't forget the insect repellant or fly swatter😉🦟

Avril

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Enjoy the day with your family today Mr & Mrs Phil. The sun is shining for you again so don't forget the insect repellant or fly swatter😉🦟

Avril

Pauline made us prawn sandwiches so after we put flowers on the graves we called at McDonald's drive through for a coffee and hot chocolate and currently we are sitting relaxing in the car eating our sandwiches and looking out to sea.

16186517951852856584219937522934.jpg

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I could have retired at 60 but deferred mine. Frank was still working so I decided to retire at the same time. Pointless mooching around on on my own, so I kept earning money. A word of warning though Eddie, don't claim your pension and keep working, you will pay more income tax.

Avril

That's  my diemma Avril. The SP is no longer worth deferring but working alongside receiving it will mean a hefty tax penalty. Listen to me going on - first world problems eh? I'm lucky to be here, in overall good health, and with a lovely family. How fortunate I am. Jane.x

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Bright blue skies here in Manchester. Off out delivering home made giant birthday cup cakes today. Then out for dinner for the first time since 4th November 2020!

Tomorrow head Cleveleys en-route to to the Lake District on Monday. All self contained accommodation, so need the break away from the same four walls.

Those cakes are simply beautiful Pete. My birthday is on 8th August and I love chocolate! Jane.x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning :classic_biggrin: on this -2.c sunny morning that will rise to 13./14.c today.

My thoughts go out to the royal family who prepare for the funeral of Philip and also to

Graham and Jane who will be remembering their loved ones as well, my thoughts are with you.

As Philip would say life has to go on ,so onwards we go ... :classic_smile:

I hope Pete enjoys his new "sometime home" nice name that isn't it and does realise how 

very addictive a caravan can be ,especially when it's yours. If you thought cruising was addictive get ready :classic_unsure: The most common phrase used in our house was " Can we go to the van ?"

Remember those hot summer stuffy nights when you cannot sleep .. " Can we go to the van ?"

Even our dog we had back then got used to that phrase and would go mental at the mention 

of it . Happy days lay ahead as you meet new friends and possibly sit chatting to Presto about 

past cruises and the current price of propane bottles ...Enjoy 

A quick look at the papers this morning and I hope the ducks in stoke are keeping well, which 

compared to the ducks in the Northwest  :classic_ohmy:....

deadduck.jpg.45848704208e258fb20f933c12103694.jpg

I notice that the British justice system is now starting to get tougher and not to be messed with :classic_unsure:

imageshomeless.jpg.8c51485c197df96cee7db349bb3201ba.jpg

At least the weather is picking up and the construction companies can

crack on with their work .

When it comes to building bridges at least the Government is giving

straight honest answers :classic_wacko:

imagesbridge.jpg.289702dab228fb6e24d88631fc3a1725.jpg 

greeting-have-nice-day-template-with-flower_10375-13.jpg.1d465ea5f937d69b417cac88bc8a309b.jpg

Kalos, I think I might be a little bit in love with you - in a completely appropriate non-threatening to Mrs Kalos way!  You are so positive, so caring of us all on here; your daily posts are a joy to read and have a good laugh at, and you're just an all round great guy. Thank you. Jane.x

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Looks like wall to wall sunshine here today, so possibly a fence painting day and giving the lawn its second cut this afternoon once dried out. 

A day outside beckons.

Oh dear, I really must get new glasses or stop skim reading. I thought you put face painting. I was begining to see a completely different side of you😄

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

My word, they look delicious. Who's the baker?

Avril

13 hours ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for your kind words Ardennais. From what you say, I am glad that Llandulas seems pretty quiet, presumably quieter than nearby Colwyn Bay and Llandudno. 

Morning Pete - only just seen this. They are working on your van as I type ! Beautiful here at the moment and really quiet for a weekend! Even Llandudno and the Great Orme were relatively quiet yesterday. So exciting when you move in the first day. Nice walk by the river to a nice view point for Charlie later. Turn left at the bottom on the hill and keep going. 

No doubt we will see you at some point in the future.

Have a safe journey over. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Kalos, I think I might be a little bit in love with you - in a completely appropriate non-threatening to Mrs Kalos way!  You are so positive, so caring of us all on here; your daily posts are a joy to read and have a good laugh at, and you're just an all round great guy. Thank you. Jane.x

I've always seen Kalos as a  kind of big brother. Listens to your problems, gives good sensible advice and calms family squabbles. A real sweetheart who it would be a pleasure to one day meet.

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've always seen Kalos as a  kind of big brother. Listens to your problems, gives good sensible advice and calms family squabbles. A real sweetheart who it would be a pleasure to one day meet.

Avril

Kalos seems a really genuine guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Totally agree Avril, a really balanced person who enjoys life and looks for the positives in everything 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Morning Pete - only just seen this. They are working on your van as I type ! Beautiful here at the moment and really quiet for a weekend! Even Llandudno and the Great Orme were relatively quiet yesterday. So exciting when you move in the first day. Nice walk by the river to a nice view point for Charlie later. Turn left at the bottom on the hill and keep going. 

No doubt we will see you at some point in the future.

Have a safe journey over. 🙂

Hi Presto. We got here at around 12:45 after some slow traffic. Everything is as we expected which is good and Charlie has already discovered a nice walk and also got his front paws wet. Nice ice cream from the tricycle ice cream seller. If you see us passing, shout hello. 

• Like 3

Thanks for your kind words guys but to be honest it has been a two way thing and 

we have all supported each other through the darker times of the pandemic into 

what seems to be coming into happier times and I thank you all for that . You are 

truly a great bunch of online buddies and long may we keep our support going while

ever it is needed for those who post and the ones who just read at the moment .

Once again thank you guys :classic_love: Best regards to you all Kalos :classic_smile:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Hi Presto. We got here at around 12:45 after some slow traffic. Everything is as we expected which is good and Charlie has already discovered a nice walk and also got his front paws wet. Nice ice cream from the tricycle ice cream seller. If you see us passing, shout hello. 

Hi just got in.. been out all day to Conwy walking. The walk was stunning but the town heaving so we came away and walked some more. Hubby loves the Mr Whippy from the cafe in Pensarn so called in for his last ice cream until next week.  Home tomorrow morning but back next weekend. If we don't see you have a great first week .. am sure we will catch up .. plenty of time for that . Ps Hope you got a bottle of champagne from Joe 😉

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My word, they look delicious. Who's the baker?

Avril

Me! Although me and an icing bag are not the best of friends! But hopefully my friends will enjoy their birthday cupcakes!

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning :classic_biggrin: on this -2.c sunny morning that will rise to 13./14.c today.

My thoughts go out to the royal family who prepare for the funeral of Philip and also to

Graham and Jane who will be remembering their loved ones as well, my thoughts are with you.

As Philip would say life has to go on ,so onwards we go ... :classic_smile:

I hope Pete enjoys his new "sometime home" nice name that isn't it and does realise how 

very addictive a caravan can be ,especially when it's yours. If you thought cruising was addictive get ready :classic_unsure: The most common phrase used in our house was " Can we go to the van ?"

Remember those hot summer stuffy nights when you cannot sleep .. " Can we go to the van ?"

Even our dog we had back then got used to that phrase and would go mental at the mention 

of it . Happy days lay ahead as you meet new friends and possibly sit chatting to Presto about 

past cruises and the current price of propane bottles ...Enjoy 

A quick look at the papers this morning and I hope the ducks in stoke are keeping well, which 

compared to the ducks in the Northwest  :classic_ohmy:....

deadduck.jpg.45848704208e258fb20f933c12103694.jpg

I notice that the British justice system is now starting to get tougher and not to be messed with :classic_unsure:

imageshomeless.jpg.8c51485c197df96cee7db349bb3201ba.jpg

At least the weather is picking up and the construction companies can

crack on with their work .

When it comes to building bridges at least the Government is giving

straight honest answers :classic_wacko:

imagesbridge.jpg.289702dab228fb6e24d88631fc3a1725.jpg 

greeting-have-nice-day-template-with-flower_10375-13.jpg.1d465ea5f937d69b417cac88bc8a309b.jpg

Just read this... made me smile loads. So funny and true. I suppose the one difference for us is that the gas comes in a pipe ... am sure we will  be discussing the price though as it seems to be a hot topic here. 😉

The one thing that worries us about being  so close to the sea is the sea air. Rip Van Winkle was relatively lively compared to us Prestos by tea time !!!!

Ps Saw a Heron in Conwy Estuary ...... I am sure that Pete decided to smuggle him in to Wales ....................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cracking day here, wall to wall sunshine all day, it was great to see the family, both grandsons stayed in to make sure they saw us. So nice to sit in the sun chatting, SiL cooked sausages on the barbie for sarnies, we picked up some cakes on the way over. Nice restful afternoon sat in the garden reading. Hope everyone is making the best of the great weather.

• Like 8

Lovely day here, and a bit warmer than it has been.  Guess who can now go up the stairs without a stick and walk around the house normally.  Still take my stick outside - like a comfort thing.  Can now sleep on my side which is so much better.

If only I wasn't so impatient!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1