P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hope you had a good first day / evening at your new 'Happy Place' 🙂

We are now home, ready for work tomorrow. 😞

This may sound stupid, but have you got a clearer photo of Charlie? As you will have noticed, the place is Doggy Heaven and there are dogs everywhere. Rather than me be arrested - or getting a bad reputation - for shouting "CHARLIE, OHHH CHARLIE" every time I see a dog that looks a little like the photo above walk past us a photo to show if he is a large fluffy dog or a small one would be gratefully received.

Sorry, bad grammar and it rambles, but you know what I mean.

Say hello to Wales for us and hopefully we ca say hello face to face next weekend 🙂

😉

It is hard to show how big he is in a photo. He is pretty much medium sized with wavy blondish fur, a tail that is rarely still and when being walked has a red and black harness. I was a bit confused this morning when walking on the grass area I heard a woman shouting ‘Is that a Wheaten?’. I immediately thought it might be you but it was just somebody who has a labradoodle and has always wanted a wheaten terrier. We got talking and when I told her I am from Stoke, she said there are a couple of ladies from Stoke on that row. 

We will be here next weekend. We have no objection to you knocking on the door to say hello. We may not be in but if there is a silver Honda parked outside, we won’t be far away.

Good morning everyone on this Monday morning hope you all had a good weekend .

A nice sunny day 2.c with anice 17.c expected later, so will be getting out today .
Lets have a look at  Purdey & co's fix this morning (makes me sound like a drug dealer ) 
Some of you will be getting ready for work , whether or not your pleased is another
 matter .Some of you are retired ,wishing you were retired and cannot retire as they keep moving the age on you or had it thrust upon you due to ill health like I did .
Do I Miss work ? The people yes the work no .  I used to think every Monday  "here we go 
again "  I suppose at times I wasn't the best person to work with not that it was my fault .
The mornings always seemed to go to fast. My boss came to me one  lunchtime looking

a bit stressed "Where the hell have you been? I've been trying to find you all morning!"
I shrugged and said: "Good employees are hard to find you know ". For some reason  he 
looked a bit agitated ,poor chap. Talking of work one of my mates who got laid off  has

got a new job making hand sanitizer but I don't think he's happy with it ... He said it's Purell .

Unlike me I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. I think our manager

really liked  me though ,he would always seek me out if he had a problem but I would

reassure him ,"Laugh at your problems, everybody else does." I would say to him .

Promotion though never seemed to go too well for me, I remember in an interview ,

the boss asked me  “What do you think is your worst quality?” “I’m probably too honest.”

I told him .The boss smiled and said , “That’s not a bad thing, I think being honest is a

good quality.” I told him  “I don’t care about what you think!” He was a good boss though,

he would hold regular meetings with us and let us no if there was anything changing for

example. He would always  tell us "Change is inevitable within the company."  I would point

out that was not strictly true when it came to the vending machines we had at work .:classic_unsure:
The best Idea he ever came up with was having our names written on our sandwiches .
I thought it was good cos Kevin's always tasted good but I wasn't too keen on Alice's .
I hope you have a good day at work ,that's if your going to work  and if you are just remember...

It’s not how good your work is, it’s how well you explain it.:classic_wink:

Whatever you are doing have a good day and please stay safe .Take care :classic_love:

• Like 14

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline likes our garden swing.

Her late mam loved being at ours and sitting on our garden swing with Pauline.

I prefer a sunbed or chair.

Love it,I'm gonna tell the Cunard board we're discussing swinging over here.I wonder how many defectors we'll get.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone. Monday again, I can’t believe how quick the weeks seem to fly by.

A lovely morning here blue skies and predicted warmer weather, all is good. Just waiting of the builder to arrive to look a the possibility of a new wet room floor as I don’t like the boring dull tiles that are down and maybe opening the kitchen up into the utility room as it is just full of junk and a wasted space. 

Kalos love your morning ponderings today 

Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 3

Good morning. Another humorous but thought provoking post from Kalos. Work, do I miss it ? No. Did I enjoy working ? Yes. Lucky to have two different careers, Royal Navy and Police and loved both, but when the time came, very early and unexpectedly, to retire, I bit their hand off and no regrets.

Lovely sunny day so all good.

Stay safe.

• Like 8

Another sunny but chilly start here in North Wales. Back to Stoke today but here again at the weekend. Just out of interest, I saw a heron on the shoreline whilst taking Charlie for a walk this morning. I am beginning to think of myself as the pied piper for herons. Just guessing, but I don’t suppose it was Harry 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Morning all.

Dull and grey down here and no where near the temps you all seem to be expecting, we even have rain forecast. The plants need it though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

I was made redundant from work nearly two years ago. I don't miss the work, but I miss the people that I worked with. Although we no longer work together we still used to meet up from time to time but this past year it hasn't been possible. 

• Like 2

Thank you Kalos for your morning thoughts. They always help set the day off to a good start.Off to visit my Mum for a week (I haven't seen her since September).We will be staying at my sisters house in Southport (a chance to see the sea!) as she and her husband are on holiday so that we can visit Mum daily whilst they are away.Hope everyone has a good week.

• Like 12

Beautiful morning,went to the gym this morning.It's situated on farmland and only the outside area with weight machines is open until 12.Training on my own with the birds all tweeting around me.So warm I took my coat off.Meeting friends at a golf club with a marquee to have lunch.Can't wait,cheers,Brian.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Had a phone call would I like my Astra jab part two tomorrow ?

Yes please ! :classic_love:  So I'm booked for first thing in the morning .

Hopefully Mrs K will get hers in couple of weeks too .:classic_smile:

DW had an automated phone call. The nice man from the major crime unit phoned to tell her that major fraudsters had used her NI number so they were suspending it. She didn't press 1 as requested as she will let her Nigerian prince friend sort it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Love it,I'm gonna tell the Cunard board we're discussing swinging over here.I wonder how many defectors we'll get.

I've had a busy day at work today.

I left home at 7.30am and drove 90 miles and just taking a break now.

My last call was in Great Ayton a pretty little town in North Yorkshire and the birthplace of Captain Cook.

14°C and sunny so I am looking forward to sitting in the garden for an hour or two.

Great news you have your second vaccine jab booked Kalos and hopefully Mrs Kalos will get hers soon too.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

DW had an automated phone call. The nice man from the major crime unit phoned to tell her that major fraudsters had used her NI number so they were suspending it. She didn't press 1 as requested as she will let her Nigerian prince friend sort it.

Had that call a few times on my mobile phone and I just put the number on blocked.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Had that call a few times on my mobile phone and I just put the number on blocked.

Problem is with automated calls is that you can't wind them up.    This is beneficial.....what is ?... I am.   Sometimes that can be a benefit.   What.... Bye.🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Problem is with automated calls is that you can't wind them up.    This is beneficial.....what is ?... I am.   Sometimes that can be a benefit.   What.... Bye.🤣

I have a whistle next to the upstairs phone😇🤫😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

They have gone automated as too many people have been winding them up. 😂 I have been guilty of doing that a number of times. 

• Like 1

I know it can be difficult if you use your phone for work or could be expecting calls 

from hospitals which can be withheld but our golden rule is ,if you do not know the 

number let it go onto messages as apart from the automated ,they will leave you a 

message if genuine . Talking to them is not a bright idea as your phone number is 

now listed as "Good" . Some of Zapp's  Nigerian prince's  collect these numbers 

even using auto dial machines ,where they don't care if you talk or not ,all they want

is you to answer the phone .Good numbers they can sell on . I've had friends in the

past who moan "we get them all the time" ,yet I do not as I don't answer them .

On a more legit note when I go to Currys  because my toaster has blown up and 

they ask can we have your phone or e-mail I tell them "No" and if I need to for any

reason  tell them to opt me out of marketing as well as this cuts down the telephone

number getting sold on that way too. Anyone ever thought when sat on an aircraft 

and the trolley dolly hands you that holiday survey ,to see how much you have enjoyed

your holiday the questions soon move on to how much you earn ,whens your car

insurance due .. They sell this on and if you read the small print it says " incomplete 

surveys will not have a chance to win the free holiday "  These surveys are the result 

of some of your legit canvasing calls . They are all at it your details sell and that's 

why I never answer and let them go to answer machine ,the genuine callers will 

leave a message if it were important . 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, pete14 said:

It is hard to show how big he is in a photo. He is pretty much medium sized with wavy blondish fur, a tail that is rarely still and when being walked has a red and black harness. I was a bit confused this morning when walking on the grass area I heard a woman shouting ‘Is that a Wheaten?’. I immediately thought it might be you but it was just somebody who has a labradoodle and has always wanted a wheaten terrier. We got talking and when I told her I am from Stoke, she said there are a couple of ladies from Stoke on that row. 

We will be here next weekend. We have no objection to you knocking on the door to say hello. We may not be in but if there is a silver Honda parked outside, we won’t be far away.

Hi, it wouldn't be me as I am a cat person (and before anyone on CC groans they are indoor cats, don't wander and don't even look at our goldfish 😉 ). 

We are over at the weekend so will look out for Charlie and his harness and look up what a Wheaten Terrier is --- am sure he is mega cute 🙂

If we don't see you we will 'knock on' as the kids at work say just to show you who we are so that you are not accused of chatting up all of the Stoke females on 'the row' 

😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

Another sunny but chilly start here in North Wales. Back to Stoke today but here again at the weekend. Just out of interest, I saw a heron on the shoreline whilst taking Charlie for a walk this morning. I am beginning to think of myself as the pied piper for herons. Just guessing, but I don’t suppose it was Harry 😊

We now know where your caravan and car are so take care with those heron comments this year !

There is also a seal who wanders in the bay quite a lot - we like him 😉

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just catching up as we have been back to work today. Have to say, it has been a lovely day and nothing to complain about. We are trying not to 'wish our lives away' as my mum used to say, and stop planning the weekend every Monday morning !!!

A beautiful day here in Stoke on Trent.

• Like 1