P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The sun is shining here and my grinch green colour is fading- I get to see my family on Friday after 8 long months with just one visit on Christmas Day for a few hours in the very cold and snowy garden.

I’ve started baking all the family favourites to take with me and iced a few bottles of bubbly (I’m not driving, my beloved OH is).

I was never desperate to go to shops, eat out or go on holiday, all I ever wanted was my family. I get that in just 2 days and the world is now a much happier place for me.

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Been a lovely day here again, sunny all day with light winds. Had a productive day, bern baking, shopping, dog walking and just been to the gym for the first time since December. Going to gym again tmoro so here starts the fitness program 

Michelle

I went to the gym yesterday.Weights just for chest,back,triceps and biceps.I was going again today but the soreness kicked in about lunchtime.Going again tomorrow.No pain no gain,lol.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The sun is shining here and my grinch green colour is fading- I get to see my family on Friday after 8 long months with just one visit on Christmas Day for a few hours in the very cold and snowy garden.

I’ve started baking all the family favourites to take with me and iced a few bottles of bubbly (I’m not driving, my beloved OH is).

I was never desperate to go to shops, eat out or go on holiday, all I ever wanted was my family. I get that in just 2 days and the world is now a much happier place for me.

I hope you have a lovely time with your family! 😊

• Thanks 1

Thought I'd check in. Went to North Wales to visit my parents yesterday for the first time since last October. Needed to go as Mum has had a fall. Wow, what a change after nearly 7 months, and not for the better either unfortunately. Have to remember Dad is 86 next week and Mum 85 in early May.

Did some jobs for them and made sure we stocked up shopping wise. Mum still insists on changing her 'winter curtains' for 'summer' so that's another thing I could do. Got to go back and stay overnight when the weather is more reliable as they want some outdoor painting done on the garage and summerhouse.

Meanwhile cruise wise, booked a 3 night 'Long Weekender' on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady, great value IMHO especially as getting $200 "Sailor's Loot" to spend onboard. Departing Portsmouth, probably no berths in Southampton with all the UK cruises taking place.

Also used some residual Future Cruise Credit with RCI on a sailing from Limassol where they are basing a ship for the season. Includes charter flight from the UK, so with loyalty discount and credit, resulted in 44% discount. Not refusing that!

D33EED72-8824-4915-BCE1-61C9950C583C.jpeg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,I think it's Spain who are being arsey with legal expat residents by not letting them in to get their new electronic card.We haven't bothered with residency as we're normally not there for more than 7 months total normally,which in itself is illegal lol.Residency means not being able to use a UK car for more than 60 days without reregistering,private health insurance for the 1st 6 months and the possibility of them charging tax on your UK home.This year it now entails losing our UK driving licence and taking an Italian driving test.That could be a problem as I don't have a toddler to sit on my lap unbelted whilst texting and lighting a fag.This year we are driving over and back from June till August to comply with the 90 in 180 days and flying back for 6weeks in November.Next year,driving over for 45 days,leaving car and flying back for 45 days and so on until we drive back in December.Bus pass and car hire here only for essential journeys.Simple eh sis,lol.bro.

Oh yeah bro, really simple😬 Clear as mud, I read it 3 times and gave up🙄

Sis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

So pleased for you.

• Thanks 1

Pauline was at the hairdresser's at 9am.

Afterwards I did a call then we went to a couple of retail parks and Pauline bought a lovely Radley bag for her best friend for her birthday.

We had our lunch Al fresco at Dalton Park Retail park at a new fish shop.

Pauline had Scampi & Chips and I had Cod & Chips.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I'm really happy for you Eglesbrech.

After this morning’s thick fog cleared turned into a nice day, not as warm as it was on our wedding day 14 years ago. Unfortunately we had our planned lunch cancelled today due to problems in kitchen at pub we were planning to eat at, so we picked up our pre ordered afternoon tea and instead of eating this evening at it a 3pm with a glass or 2 of sparklingly wine we won in a competition in the hotel we stayed in Kos 4 years ago and only rediscovered last week still in its protective case in a box under the bed in spare room. We were planning to eat on patio, but although sunny was a bit chilly in the wind and it would have blown candles out. We realised whilst eating that the last afternoon tea we had together was onboard the Azura during our trip to Norway in 2019, an Eric Lanlard version in The Epicurean restaurant. 

Before we picked it up tea we had a wander around a very quiet Dobbies, picked up a few things I needed for garden. 

The afternoon tea from local farm shop was very filling and excellent value, we were glad we didn’t do lunch as we would have never managed the afternoon tea as well.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was at the hairdresser's at 9am.

Afterwards I did a call then we went to a couple of retail parks and Pauline bought a lovely Radley bag for her best friend for her birthday.

We had our lunch Al fresco at Dalton Park Retail park at a new fish shop.

Pauline had Scampi & Chips and I had Cod & Chips.

What a lucky girl Pauline's best friend is Graham. That's a fabulous gift. If she needs any new best friends you know where to find me! Seriously that's such a lovely gesture. Sounds like you had a great day out today. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

What a lucky girl Pauline's best friend is Graham. That's a fabulous gift. If she needs any new best friends you know where to find me! Seriously that's such a lovely gesture. Sounds like you had a great day out today. Best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

We called at Hobby craft at Teeside Retail park as well and Pauline also got her friend various stickers etc as she makes fantastic cards.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

We called at Hobby craft at Teeside Retail park as well and Pauline also got her friend various stickers etc as she makes fantastic cards.

How lovely! You are both very kind people and I think your friends are lucky to have you. J.x

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

How lovely! You are both very kind people and I think your friends are lucky to have you. J.x

Thanks Jane.

Sandra her best friend is the most lovely person we know and always buys Pauline lovely presents too.

Graham x

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kalos said:

Here's one I made earlier:classic_unsure:  ......FlatCat.jpg.7bc60c81178a6b8fc378eabc83de0a2d.jpg

Which reminds me I met a dyslexic Yorkshire man the other day. He was wearing a cat flap.:classic_wacko:

It's that wonderful time of the year where I will be watching the Wakefield Peregrines hatch 

out and turn from little white balls of fluff into one of the worlds fastest  predators on the

planet and good looking with it :classic_love:

OMG, reminds me of a funny book about cats which mentioned a cat being run over and transmogrified from a 3 dimensional cat into a 2 dimensional cat. The book was owned by a cat lover!

Anyone remember Richards Bicycle Book? It had a chapter on how to demise a dog, honest. popular with cyclists troubled with ravenous slavering hounds but not dog lovers.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, Presto2 said:

Suppose it is called the pecking order ... not long after we saw the ducklings attacked I saw  a magpie attack and carry off a sparrow. May sound mushy but the two events really upset me. Nature I know, but cruel none the less

You just have to tell yourself that these birds are finding food to nourish their chicks, it might then make it more acceptable.

Thick frost and very chilly today in Potters Bar. Blue sky though and a lovely morning for an early walk with Ted.

Today is highlights and haircut day. Yay! I'm so excited I've been awake since 4.30am. Crazy isn't it to be so excited about something I just did as a matter of course 18 months ago. Highlights take an age so I'll be in there for a good 3 hours. Fortunately I'm reading a very good (and huge) book called The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel. It's about Henry V111 and Thomas Cromwell. Hope I come out of the salon with my head intact!

As I was awake so early I got a chance to listen to Steve Allen on LBC. He's very funny and so irreverent. Does anyone else like him?

Have a great day everyone. Jane.x

• Like 7

Hair appointment for me too - 9am, so not long to wait.  A couple of click&collects to pick up on the way back, then guess what?  Table outside at our regular country pub at noon.  It’s a 40 minute walk there, along the river, so the pup will enjoythe going & returning and hopefully will wait quietly  under the table whilst we eat or drink (haven’t decided; we’ll see how comfortable we are.  The front courtyard is in the sun so 🤞). These lockdown pups have gained a lot by having virtual 24/7 company at home but they’ve missed out on human activities outside the home and learning the appropriate behaviour.

We enjoyed our group walk yesterday - 10 appropriately distanced humans and 3 dogs.  Weather and temperature were perfect, dogs well behaved, people to talk too - woo hoo

Have a good day all, whatever you are doing

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Fortunately I'm reading a very good (and huge) book called The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel.

As you will know, this is the last in the Thomas Cromwell trilogy - the previous two are fantastic as well. Being a mean "so and so" I'm waiting for the one you are reading to come up on offer on Kindle.

Good morning everyone I hope everyone is ok on this bright blue sunny sky 'd  morning.

The only thing spoiling it for us is the -4 temperature this morning, the grass is white at

the moment .Never mind I will sit in the corner of our room as it's always 90 degree's there

as one of my teachers told me many years ago. This hairdressing malarkey for women  is 

so different for you girls compared to us men ,Poor old Jane I read is having her hair done

today and expects to be in there 3 hours .:classic_ohmy: Expecting some highlights !  I should imagine 

the best highlight of all would be getting out of the shop, I didn't spend that long in surgery

having my gall bladder out :classic_unsure: It will be worth it though as I'm sure she will look wonderful 

and back to her former self and she has deserved it doing all them jabs and now she will be

able to see where she's jabbing with  the new hair cut . Thank you to all our jabbers by the 

way ,we love what you are doing for us.:classic_love: It's now up to all of us to take care and not fall ill

by being careless .I have a mate who phones me up when he thinks he is ill and asks me

what I think is up with him ,why he thinks Kalos sounds like paramedic I will never know:classic_wacko:

Yesterday he told me he had bought one of those "thermal temperature's thingy's" and

he pointed it at his dog and is now convinced the dog is now running a high temperature.

What should he do ? I told him to put plenty of mustard on it as that's what I did the last 

time I had a hot dog ! :classic_wink: Anyhow that's enough of my madness you all have a wonderful

day and keep safe. animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.82edf2fe3abefec0d31ae21c6f9ac99a.gif:classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

-1°C frost on the ground and car windscreen but sunny.

We are eating our  breakfast porridge in bed watching TV.

Buckingham palace have announced that none of the Royal family will be wearing their military uniforms for Prince Philips funeral on Saturday.

This will take the focus off Prince Harry and Prince Andrew and the focus will rightly only be on the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral.

Good luck to Jane with her 3 hour hairdressers appointment.

Stay safe everyone if you go out today.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh yeah bro, really simple😬 Clear as mud, I read it 3 times and gave up🙄

Sis

Basically it means that us not being residents can't stay more tham 90 in every 180 days but the car can.It's a matter of doing the math so we get the best times to stay.We'll probably sell up in a couple of years anyway,bro.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Basically it means that us not being residents can't stay more tham 90 in every 180 days but the car can.It's a matter of doing the math so we get the best times to stay.We'll probably sell up in a couple of years anyway,bro.

Strange, the car is welcome but not you!!  Were you cosidering selling up before all this, or have you been pushed? It's such a shame because you seemed so comfortably settled there.

You don't have to answer if I'm being too personal, but you know what I'm like bro😉

Sis

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Strange, the car is welcome but not you!!  Were you cosidering selling up before all this, or have you been pushed? It's such a shame because you seemed so comfortably settled there.

You don't have to answer if I'm being too personal, but you know what I'm like bro😉

Sis

No worries sis,since I retired in 2013 we thought we would make more use of it by living there in the peak months.My OH doesn't like the summer heat like I do,especially as couple of non malignant melonomas have popped up in the last few years.Last year was the exception as we were "stuck" there but it ended up being a lot safer and better life than the UK at the time.Brexit has probably accelerated selling up.We will see how it pans out next year as we do pop back several times anyway but not for quite as long,cheers,bro.

• Like 1