P&O are still aiming for May cruises to go ahead ???

glittergal1

So currently the FCO has said No travel 

and the FCO has said No cruises if you are over 70 over have a health condition 

We have a cruise booked for the End of May  from Malta to Italy and Croatia  and would very much like to go on this  as  we were supposed to be renewing our Wedding Vows , But In reality we  think its highly unlikely that we will be going.

However Im not sure P&O have the same thoughts

I had this very brief email 

Good Morning,

I hope my email finds you well.

Please can you contact us to make payment for your renewal of vows at your earliest convenience.

Are P&O optimistic ? desperate for money?  Or just uncaring , and lack empathy ?

Until the cruise is officially cancelled, they have to carry on as normal I suppose. 

I just had an email for our cruise in 24 days time to see if I wanted to book the Limelight Club... 

Now, should I go for Claire Sweeney or Jake Quickenden... 😊

Andy 

21 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

I would doubt they are optimistic but I would concur with the other three attributes.

I completely agree with that!

P&O are most likely going to manage cancellations in 4 week blocks to ease cash flow. Interesting that their IT can still manage to generate emails encouraging customers to part with yet more money for them to then hold hostage, yet is incapable of paying out money that customers have a legitimate right to get back. I refer to the Cruise Personaliser which hasn’t allowed pre paid Select Dining reservations and excursions to be refunded for at least a week now. Funny that.

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I completely agree with that!

P&O are most likely going to manage cancellations in 4 week blocks to ease cash flow. Interesting that their IT can still manage to generate emails encouraging customers to part with yet more money for them to then hold hostage, yet is incapable of paying out money that customers have a legitimate right to get back. I refer to the Cruise Personaliser which hasn’t allowed pre paid Select Dining reservations and excursions to be refunded for at least a week now. Funny that.

Yesterday I cancelled online an excursion I had booked for an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise in October. I was sent an immediate email confirming the cancellation and understand the refund will be on my credit card within 7 days. The phrase chalk and cheese comes to mind.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kenhem said:

Yesterday I cancelled online an excursion I had booked for an upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise in October. I was sent an immediate email confirming the cancellation and understand the refund will be on my credit card within 7 days. The phrase chalk and cheese comes to mind.

I have quite often expressed the wish that P&O had stuck to it's original agreement to merge with Royal Caribbean, instead of being seduced by Carnivals extra dollars.

• Like 1

Rumours on other social networks that P&O and Cunard will be announcing a new batch of cancellations in the next 48 hours.  I'm assuming that they will not want to cancel too far ahead, in the hope that the ABTA proposal may be agreed by government. Perhaps just the remaining April cruises.

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Rumours on other social networks that P&O and Cunard will be announcing a new batch of cancellations in the next 48 hours.  I'm assuming that they will not want to cancel too far ahead, in the hope that the ABTA proposal may be agreed by government. Perhaps just the remaining April cruises.

My prediction (as stated a few days ago on another thread) is that P&O will next cancel cruises up to 13th May, on the basis that they won’t want to announce the cancellation of the Iona Maiden cruise (14th May) just yet. Hope I’m wrong and they cancel more, as we are booked on that cruise and want our money back, but cash flow challenges will mean 4 week batches at most I fear. 

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

My prediction (as stated a few days ago on another thread) is that P&O will next cancel cruises up to 13th May, on the basis that they won’t want to announce the cancellation of the Iona Maiden cruise (14th May) just yet. Hope I’m wrong and they cancel more, as we are booked on that cruise and want our money back, but cash flow challenges will mean 4 week batches at most I fear. 

My prediction would also be 14th May - but not because of the Iona Maiden.  I think Carnival Corp will advise all its brands to extend the suspension until then - as RCI already have done with their brands.

22 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

They have not even paid out for the first batch yet.

I'm still not sure how you can cruise without insurance as the insurance companies will not cover Covid 19.  Just imagine being on board, or even ashore with it and then you are quarantined and not covered by insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Re Prepaid Shore excursions and Dinner bookings.

P & O have this comment on there website.

An On Board Credit amount to the value of 110% will be created automatically for any pre-purchases that you made in My P&O Cruises or via Flight Seat Booker

Fine if you have a future booking that is able to sail, not so good if you don't and are so fizzed off with PandO that you take your custom elsewhere, which many people will.  Unless PandO remains as the only cruise line left standing on this planet.....

Also, if you do have a future booking that does sail, there is a possibility that if you already have a lot of OBC you may struggle spending the additional amount.

On Azura's TA in October we had £600 obc between us.  OH doesn't drink as much as she used to, but I didn't hold back.  Used Select dining a couple of times.  Still ended up buying having to buy Christmas pressies on board to use it up.

So this is how supportive and caring P&O are,   NOT 

We are unable to hold your renewal of vows without payment so this will be removed from hold as of today.

However, if you decide you would like to book a renewal for another cruise please don't hesitate to call us.

24 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

So this is how supportive and caring P&O are,   NOT 

We are unable to hold your renewal of vows without payment so this will be removed from hold as of today.

However, if you decide you would like to book a renewal for another cruise please don't hesitate to call us.

Strange how P&O are sticking to the t&c's rigidly when they want your money, but try and wriggle out of them when they are not in their favour. 

P&O are not exactly winning many friends at the moment - they could do with a good PR advisor.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm still not sure how you can cruise without insurance as the insurance companies will not cover Covid 19.  Just imagine being on board, or even ashore with it and then you are quarantined and not covered by insurance.

Our cruises and insurance have been booked well in advance of this current situation so we are still covered for coronavirus related claims, as quoted from our insurance -  "If you booked a trip before the 18 March, cover is available for coronavirus related claims for trips in the UK or abroad. This is because you could not have known of the risks when you booked."

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Most insurance policies will still cover if you fall ill due to COVID-19, they are just saying that they won't pay up if you have to cancel your cruise because of it. The situation continues to evolve and once it's under control, I'm sure insurance companies will review their position. No one will travel anywhere if every insurer refuses to cover so will put themselves out of business along with airlines, cruise companies, hotels etc etc. The current position is a temporary one. 

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no way that May cruises will go ahead. Unfortunately, I also feel that it will be many more months before cruising resumes.  So many countries are in the same situation as us but in varying stages.  Not much fun if you cannot dock anywhere either.

16 minutes ago, Elsie69 said:

There is no way that May cruises will go ahead. Unfortunately, I also feel that it will be many more months before cruising resumes.  So many countries are in the same situation as us but in varying stages.  Not much fun if you cannot dock anywhere either.

I have no idea whether they will or will not, all I can say say is that Iona has cost P&O $950 million and if they can possibly sail anywhere in May they will be doing.

4 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Re Prepaid Shore excursions and Dinner bookings.

P & O have this comment on there website.

An On Board Credit amount to the value of 110% will be created automatically for any pre-purchases that you made in My P&O Cruises or via Flight Seat Booker

I presume that applies to cruises that P&O has already cancelled? I am trying to cancel (and obtain refunds) for bookings made for a cruise that is technically still going ahead. If the comment refers to the latter then I am fast coming to the conclusion that P&O are behaving like common criminals. Taking money under one set of rules and then changing the rules to suit, meanwhile lying by saying that their inability to refund is due to ‘technical difficulties’. I am currently struggling to think of a single reason why I would wish to put any more of my money in the direction of P&O once this affair is over. Having put tens of thousands of pounds in their coffers over many years, their current attitude is going to save me a fortune!

• Like 2

ABTA are calling for a massive bail out for their members from the government , cash injections etc seemingly on top of what has already been announced.

At the same time ABTA are calling for retrospectively changing the law and calling  for changing their own previous guarentees so their members can bank and hold on to millions / billions of customers money for up to two years whilst providing nothing in return before refunding it.

ABTA want to pretend at the same time they are also some kind of  "Consumer" organisation offering advice , guidance and fair and impartial dispute resolution to customers ?

P and O now quote ABTA advice as a justification for their disgraceful actions.

This is rotten to the core.

• Like 2