A light at the end of this virus tunnel?

8 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Actually it is posted on Disboards and being discussed extensively.  We have reservations for a vacation in April, we have been waiting to reschedule and not been able to do that.  I spent 2+ hours on hold with Disney to reschedule.  The Disney app, which has all our personal plans on it, now gives instructions for rescheduling after June 1st.  I would not lie about this, jeesh.

WDW has always been packed every time we have went over the last 28 years.

They will want to open but only when it is safe to do so.

I hope it does open on June 1st and you have a fantastic time.

Graham

• Like 1

Texas will have our peak sometime in May.  Dallas area first then the Houston area.  I live in a small rural county and we have our first confirmed case.  Many more need to be tested but are not.  In two weeks in Texas it is going to get very bad.  We have a lot of people here that believed and a lot still do, that this was just a hoax and nothing to worry about.  Sad. Very sad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

WDW has always been packed every time we have went over the last 28 years.

They will want to open but only when it is safe to do so.

I hope it does open on June 1st and you have a fantastic time.

Graham

Thank you!  

• Like 1

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22699-chinese-cruise-industry-could-start-up-first.html

The Chinese cruise industry could start up in a matter of weeks when give the go-ahead, as China-based ships were the first to be pulled from service in January during the coronavirus outbreak.

Thus, the cruise industry’s most wild market could provide some forward revenue and a bright spot if Chinese authorities give the go-ahead, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Other signs that the country is coming back online include more traffic in major cities and factories once again nearing full output, with most workers having returned to their jobs.

The Chinese Cruise and Yacht Industry Association also recently announced a cruise reassurance plan.

While some ships have left China or departed seasonally, a number of operators are either in hot lay up scenarios or still in operation, although with no passengers, and close to the Chinese market.

Costa’s four-ship China fleet is docked in Japan, while Astro Ocean Cruises also has its Piano Land nearby. Most crew is said to still be aboard.

In addition, other tonnage that is typically in China year-round is in close reach, including the Spectrum of the Seas from Royal Caribbean International and ships from both Dream Cruises and Star Cruises, a pair of Genting-owned brands.

Keep in mind that even if we succeed in flattening the curve, the novel Coronavirus will still be in circulation, just at a slower rate.  Until definitive treatment and vaccine becomes available, it will impact our lives.  Large gatherings (sporting events, theme parks, and cruise ships) will be dangerous for transmission, and I think they will be extremely curtailed as a result.

Optimistically, I'm hoping for widespread rollout and availability of POC Covid-19 tests.  If people can be tested prior to attending large group activities, there is MUCH less of a risk.  Due to cost and supply chain issues, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 1:02 PM, TMFTL said:

Further Notice does not mean June 1st.  

So your info is incorrect.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Just because you haven't heard, doesn't mean info is incorrect.
I also heard June 1st yesterday... so googled...

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/coronavirus-closures-disney-resorts-bookings-june-1

On 3/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, Arzeena said:

OP

I am amazed how many armchair Pandemic Pundits love to give their two cents and run you down for your post.

I appreciate you posting it and whether it is June 1 or not, thank you for your post. I appreciate the light you are throwing.

+2

• Like 1

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/europe-could-be-cruising-july-us-big-unknown-amawaterways-schreiner

Some European river lines hope to be cruising by late June, but it's not clear if Americans — who lag on the coronavirus curve — will be allowed to travel there.

So said AmaWaterways' Rudi Schreiner who, even so, predicts the river business will come back faster than ocean cruises yet US market recovery is 'the big unknown.'

Will Europe block Americans?

'The question is: If Europeans cruise, will Americans be allowed?' said Schreiner, president/co-owner of AmaWaterways and often called the 'godfather of riving cruising' for his vast expertise. It's possible recovering European countries could turn away Americans for a time.

Another great unknown is the course of the virus in South America, Africa and parts of Asia. A further wave of COVID-19 from those places could hamper recovery, too, by triggering resurgences elsewhere.

Europeans may begin cruising late June

Schreiner is in touch with numerous European river operators, and some expect to be running in late June/July. This is based on the fact that COVID-19 appears to be peaking in Europe now, while the United States is behind.

'I think Europe will be ready in June-July and Europeans will start cruising,' he said. 'The big unknown is will Americans be allowed or not?' A further complication is that different parts of the US are harder hit than others.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 6:29 PM, want2go said:

This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Just because you haven't heard, doesn't mean info is incorrect.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/coronavirus-closures-disney-resorts-bookings-june-1

+2

Well let's not forget that only the people with charts, graphs, and 8x10 glossy photos are allowed to have an opinion...everybody else is either wrong, ignorant to the seriousness of the situation, or just optimistically delusional.  

+3

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:06 PM, TinkBellaMom said:

Just  received word from Disney that the parks will resume operations on June 1st.

i know this won’t matter to some, but I see it as a positive move.

Not looking good now since your Governor finally woke up and closed the state.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 6:29 PM, want2go said:

+2

From the article you linked...

While the Walt Disney Company's theme parks in Florida and California are closed until further notice 

Just because they're taking reservations for the resorts doesn't mean the parks will reopen then.  Do they hope they will?  I'm sure.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Not looking good now since your Governor finally woke up and closed the state.

I’m sure he had reasons unknown to some of why he made his decision at first.  Every Governor has to do what’s good for his state and situation.  I am not judging because I’m sure he is doing his best.  I for one am trying to be positive, this is uncharted territory and we will learn much from this.  Throwing blame does no good at all in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I’m sure he had reasons unknown to some of why he made his decision at first.  Every Governor has to do what’s good for his state and situation.  I am not judging because I’m sure he is doing his best.  I for one am trying to be positive, this is uncharted territory and we will learn much from this.  Throwing blame does no good at all in my opinion.

So elected officials are not responsible for their actions and judged based upon them? Doing your best works in kindergarten, not elected office. The average adult American will not keep their jobs for merely doing their best. You have to be competent in your job. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

(1)So elected officials are not responsible for their actions and judged based upon them? Doing your best works in kindergarten, not elected office. The average adult American will not keep their jobs for merely doing their best. (2)You have to be competent in your job. 

(1) Yes, they will be held accountable at the polls.

(2) Has never been a requirement of a politician.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

He's not to blame. It's all of the Floridians who continued to be optimistic and carried on like nothing was happening.  Governor Cuomo had to shut down the parks yesterday because even here with makeshift hospitals, military presence morgues full of dead bodies people are still not social distancing. Unfortunately government has to save people from themselves.  I suspect given the current event in Florida that this will delay the cruise industry even longer.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 3/29/2020 at 4:06 PM, TinkBellaMom said:

Just  received word from Disney that the parks will resume operations on June 1st.

i know this won’t matter to some, but I see it as a positive move.

Well i see it as a dumb move!