Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just finished binge watching the final season of Goliath.  I guess I will need to delve into the meaning of some of the bizarre dream sequences (if that is what they were). 

Just picked up the latest Johnathon Kellerman book (The Burning), he wrote with his son, Jesse.  Hope I get time to get into it.  I have read all of his, plus his wife’s (Faye) books.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Our Cat is addicted to those. I don't know what is in them but every time I go in the kitchen he is right there at the cupboard where I keep them looking at and meowing. It's pretty funny I feel like a drug dealer.

Our cat Minnie not only LOVES Temptations…but loves to have us toss them in the air for her.  She’ll leap twisting through the air and bat one down with one paw.  Sometimes she catches it with her paw and drops to the floor with it in her paw still and, snarf!, it’s gone.

And we moved to a small town over 25 years ago (population 5,000 in town, 10,000 in county.)  We have loved living here, wonderful small town friendly vibe, however, of course, 25 years ago we didn’t think about what our needs would be when we were older.

So now we’re in a town with no bonded maid service and needing help with our huge yard…and landscaping/maintenance is extremely hard to find as well.  I was considering moving to a town where such things were available…and downsizing from our five bedroom (10 fireplaces) Victorian home…but my husband loves the house and doesn’t want to move.  Sigh.  

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Surgery went well. …The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee….

So..a big thanks to you all.  You guys are the Best!!❤️

Poor Jim, he must have been in a lot of pain. Very happy to hear surgery went well. Here’s to a knee pain free future. 🥂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Our Cat is addicted to those. I don't know what is in them but every time I go in the kitchen he is right there at the cupboard where I keep them looking at and meowing. It's pretty funny I feel like a drug dealer.

Our cats were gaining too much weight with those treats , we switched there treat to splitting a small can of tuna instead and they have lost weight the big boy went from 22 to 18 pounds we also switched to low calorie iams cat food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

ME! I am a Christmas nut as It's my favorite time of year. Halloween is second. I go all out the decorating and fun and as a hobby I collect Christmas music. I have over 30,000 songs in my collection. Love this time of year.

Having Halloween on your list, I am guessing you have visited Silver dollar City around Halloween.  

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks.  Waiting for Bucky to pull in with it right now.  Back in the RV port, pack it up again, and try it again.  

Hope it behaves this time. Nothing more annoying when things behave when someone else is looking at them. Ugh.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

AAA has an RV membership but I like Good Sams roadside assistance better.  I've had to use it several times and it is excellent. 

https://www.goodsamroadside.com/

Good Sam is also what we used to use.

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been traveling back and forth between Boise and Spokane for the last couple of weeks and have decided that this is where I retire.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Low, low crime, inexpensive property and I think I like small town living too. As long as I have access to a decent larger town within a reasonable driving distance, that is. Full retirement is still a ways away but semi retirement seems it might just be right around the corner though. I'm getting weary. I've found a couple little towns in the middle of nowhere here with populations between 1000 and 2000 but within an hour of Lewiston and 3 hours of Spokane.  I'm thinking maybe buying land now and use it with the RV occasionally until then.  Maybe summer up here... and CA or cruise in winter.

Now just have to convince DW. 🙂 

IMG_1027.jpeg

That’s beautiful. What are the winters like?

Edited by ReneeFLL

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

…I am also intrigued by the TP from Honolulu to Sidney next October.  Although we have been to Hawaii 7 times, I wouldn’t mind a little more time there.   That cruise may be on my radar, but not sure how Australia will be in a year. 

We are on that cruise and the next one which is an 11 night NZ. That is if you are looking at the Ovation. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our cats also love the Temptations. We switch them up with Greenies.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good Sam is also what we used to use.

That’s beautiful. What are the winters like?

I asked and according to the locals it can vary from mild to severe. I'm not afraid winter, I actually like it. As long as I can escaped when I want to all is good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I asked and according to the locals it can vary from mild to severe. I'm not afraid winter, I actually like it. As long as I can escaped when I want to all is good.

I just noticed your signature says Idaho. When did you move to Idaho? I thought you were in calif? Lol, you get around. 

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been traveling back and forth between Boise and Spokane for the last couple of weeks and have decided that this is where I retire.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Low, low crime, inexpensive property and I think I like small town living too. As long as I have access to a decent larger town within a reasonable driving distance, that is. Full retirement is still a ways away but semi retirement seems it might just be right around the corner though. I'm getting weary. I've found a couple little towns in the middle of nowhere here with populations between 1000 and 2000 but within an hour of Lewiston and 3 hours of Spokane.  I'm thinking maybe buying land now and use it with the RV occasionally until then.  Maybe summer up here... and CA or cruise in winter.

Now just have to convince DW. 🙂 

IMG_1027.jpeg

Or maybe you havent moved, just considering. I just happened to see you posted and checked it out. Dont usually follow this thread, so many posts. 

That's somewhat my thinking with cape Canaveral. A much smaller town than dallas. I feel we are being overrun here in dallas. .. I do wonder though if I will miss all the shopping and eating choices once I am able to retire and move there. I picked the smallest cruising town I could find on purpose. The opposite of here.

Part of me would love a lot of space and acreage, but then I talk to my cousins and it's a lot of work. I've spent thousands just keeping my shrubs here cut. They went wild since last year and this time I'm doing them myself. But have a guy who mows. Having acerage and lots to mow is so tempting but I'm thinking I'd have to hire someone for even more. Just my runaway crazy shrubs enough for me. Terrible choice of shrubs here. Earlier this year lots of rain and they went jungle. 

No stairs or a elevator were my other criteria for someday. And I have family who can barely manage stairs. .. my parents have a very large house and my dad can barely walk from his bed to the kitchen. Not sure what we will do. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Baby Lucy was so cute, but adult Lucy is the Queen. 

Agreed. 

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Greenies dental treats are better for their teeth. And they love them just as much as Temptations. In fact, too much. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Lucy thinks birds and mice are good for her teeth. 🤭

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Change of tune in Israel regarding getting the flu and the 3rd shot at the same time...

Whereas no medical reason not to get them together, it was decided that if an allergic reaction occurs, better to know from which shot it stems. 

Therefore, NOW it is recommended to leave some days between the flu and the 3rd shot.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4