Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Drop us a note here once you have started the thread so we know to look for it.

Yes absolutely. I consider you my loyal friends so I hope to add some additional content here that will not be in the main thread.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Dani, I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Israel yet but I love seeing it from your photos.

Sue, I hope you and Gary will have this pleasure in the very near future 🥰

The weather until today was fantastic -- pleasant without the humidity of the summer.

This morning we had the first rain of the season. But it went very quickly, and I have plenty of boiling hot water from our solar panels...

Don't forget to add Jordan, especially Petra, to the deal 😁.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani "the curious" -- while I was a student at Tel-Aviv University, I worked as a secretary in one of the offices, left for lectures at different hours, and then "replenished" them in the afternoons.

As long as a I worked there, the University paid for my tuition.... Many students whose parents worked at the University took advantage of this benefit.

Is it the same for your PhD daughter?

As an undergraduate she could have received 50% tuition but as a PhD student she is completely funded by her department, so us working does not have any impact anymore, it is more that I feel I need to stay close by for moral support, she could have gone to other universities but decided to come back our way in part because the research was a good  for her and in part because she knew that having support close by would be helpful, and when I retire I want to do the world cruise for 274 days 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

MaiTai

no explanation needed 

A46F6D6C-E566-465E-BEC7-7B8064D073C5.jpeg

A7C980D0-65E6-423D-838B-4212137B779C.jpeg

So cute.  Mine used to love to sit in any open suitcase as well.  Big draw for them...not sure if it was a "don't forget to take me along" thing....or "If I sit in here, they won't be able to leave me" mentality.  😄 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, derorim said:

I am in daily contact with one of my former coworkers.  That's because I married him.  🙂 

My wife and I worked for the same company 3 years before we met.We probably saw each other in the elevator but never spoke to each other.She worked on the third floor and I worked on the second floor.I was dating another woman from the company at the time who worked with my wife to be .She and several co-workers knew that the woman was dating a guy working on the second floor but never knew who he was .That occasionally comes up in our conversations.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

So cute.  Mine used to love to sit in any open suitcase as well.  Big draw for them...not sure if it was a "don't forget to take me along" thing....or "If I sit in here, they won't be able to leave me" mentality.  😄 

She hated seeing the suitcase since she new she would have to go boarding.

well one day I came home from a trip and she got revenge on me at 630am.

• Like 3

2F9AAAD8-0183-40AF-8756-5909650C7DE3.jpeg

If this was on my front step I would have had zero trick or treaters.  We had a turnover of about 6 houses in our development of 30 and they all have little ones 5 and under.  We did have the twins next door (11) and a group of 12-13 year of girls but other than that there were really young this year.  Maybe 30 this year but it beats the 8 we got last year.  Too much candy, once again.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

A long time ago we used to board our cats , but for decades we get a cat sitter that will spend time with our cats , clean liter box and send us pictures, much better arraignment.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, George C said:

A long time ago we used to board our cats , but for decades we get a cat sitter that will spend time with our cats , clean liter box and send us pictures, much better arraignment.

Exactly what we did.  Would not consider boarding my girls.  Cat sitter, like yours...was great.  Same thing.  Cat box, food, any other "clean up" needed, played with them, then sent me daily email pictures.  She also including narrative of what they did together while she was there.  Was highlight of my day, and always anticipated those pictures!  

Plus she was there to check on the house daily as well.  One day she found our A/C was not working, so I gave her name of an A/C company.  She back came out and met him there, waiting while he made minor repairs.  

Was huge help.  🙂 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, George C said:

We did not board our cat or have a cat sitter.She had control of the house when we were away.We had someone come in twice a day to empty the litter box and feed her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This morning we had the first rain of the season. But it went very quickly, and I have plenty of boiling hot water from our solar panels...

One time when I was in Israel late Fall, I was sitting on my sister in law's balcony when I heard excited children's voices shout "Eemmaleh, Eemmaleh, geshem yored"!!!  Mommy, mommy it's raining!!!  I heard it up and down the block.   After months of rainless super hot, sunny weather, no wonder rain seems to be a big deal in Israel!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Exactly what we did.  Would not consider boarding my girls.  Cat sitter, like yours...was great.  Same thing.  Cat box, food, any other "clean up" needed, played with them, then sent me daily email pictures.  She also including narrative of what they did together while she was there.  Was highlight of my day, and always anticipated those pictures!  

Plus she was there to check on the house daily as well.  One day she found our A/C was not working, so I gave her name of an A/C company.  She back came out and met him there, waiting while he made minor repairs.  

Was huge help.  🙂 

When we were living in Ct, we did winter cruises out of Bayonne on Explorer.  We had 2 dogs, so a young fellow from my wifes job at the local hospital would come over twice a day to take care of them.  One day, he showed up, opened the door, and the place was filled with smoke.  The fire department found that something had plugged the chimney, so the smoke just filled the house.  WE were B2B as usual, but one of my wifes coworkers was on the second cruise, and told us what happened.  I called our insurance guy and told him what had happened.  He just said, enjoy your cruise, I'll take care of everything.  Insurance adjuster took one look at and called Servpro. The furnace guys came and made sure the furnace was working properly.  

The dogs were OK, although the white one was wasn't so white for a while.  I guess the insurance people were happy we were cruising, otherwise they would have to put us up in a hotel while the cleaning guys worked.  When we got home, they were just finishing up the cleaning,  and the painting contractor was doing his estimate. Never saw the cleaning bill, but the cost to paint the interior came out to about $35000.  They had emptied the closets and sent it all out to be cleaned.  All the cabinets were emptied , and what was ruined, was thrown away, and what wasn't was washed. WE got checks for the ruined stuff.

We never had an answer of what actually plugged the chimney, but I guess it happens. THey just shrugged it off, stuff happens.

So, we sold the house and moved to Florida.

And the young fellow from was watching the house, gave us an itemized bill for his time missed from work.  We were so grateful, we paid him twice as much as he asked for.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I married my former and still present co-worker.😀

I arranged a blind lunch date between a co-worker and a friend of mine.He brought her back to the floor we worked on and got into an elevator.A woman entered at the 7th.floor.The elevator got stock in between floors 6 and 5.My friend David and the woman were in there for about 40 minutes.He asked her out ,she agreed.They have been happily married the past 35 years.😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

A7C980D0-65E6-423D-838B-4212137B779C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

MaiTai looks like she’s treating the suitcase like a litter box…  Hopefully that wasn’t her revenge. 🤭

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

MaiTai

no explanation needed 

I had a cat named MaiTai.  She received her name when she was a kitten and I walked in to find her drinking from my cocktail.  She would do the same thing (curl up in my suitcase).  One time I arrived at my destination to find one of her cat toys in my luggage. 

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 8