Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot wait till it will be that way everywhere .

It has never been mandatory here.  At first a lot of businesses required them but we haven't had to wear masks for a year now except to the veterinarian's office.  Today I had lunch with my son and the servers didn't even wear them.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Uber can’t drive into the port? That’s crazy, but I guess it discourages people from taking them if that’s what Galveston is trying to achieve.

Idk seems like the port is charging big bucks extra to transports. Lyft can get in and adds $5 to your total. I can certainly walk across the port into the terminal, just not sure what to type in. I downloaded uber so hopefully it's easy to use. Ezcruise parking guy posted he pays $25 each time his shuttle drives into the port. Most parking offers shuttles for extra .. and it's not like it's a really long walk. Got a earful from my taxi driver about houston taxi not licensed to drive in there. The port is making out like a bandit. 

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:
21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

wonder why they never resurfaced ?

They’re living on unemployment compensation. 😀

Or they are in Times Square dressed in Spiderman or Batman costumes, posing for pictures in return for a $10 "tip"😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Havent cruised since dec and am in withdrawals. B2b this time. I only did one week last time with fromseatoshining sea .. so fun but they are on mariner now.

That condo is a money pit. We of course asked about reserves and special assessments when I bought and were told great shape. They meet I think last monday about the elevator rusting ($3500 assesment) and the cause and the sidewalk is causing water to get into the elevator shaft and causing rust. Lol. Maybe its everything costs more but condo reserves are tapped out (reserves down to 15k). The condo is one thing after another. I keep thinking there is nothing left not replaced. Can we blame supply chain? Idk when I can move but it's there when I'm ready and nothing they can do to ruin the beautiful beach.

Solo I will concentrate more on doing things I missed and the brisket I wished I tried and poblano soup. Some lobster in my future. Sunny ports. I'm in Belize next week and rarely get there but not sure I think the tender is safe. You sit shoulder to shoulder .. wouldnt be back until next sept, labor day. Just ancy to board. 

Yup, that is one problem with condos / HOA's - and I guess after that collapse of the Miami condo that everyone is on high alert and inspecting/repairing everything and anything to keep them safe.    Better safe than sorry!!

I am not a fan of those tenders and glad it is Not done as much as it was in the past for some ports.   

Hope you have an awesome time in Belize.    My Brother and SIL always love snorkeling there.   

• Like 2

Hey Below Deck fans question???

Was last Monday's episode the last episode? We will watch tomorrow night. Just curious how many more episodes there may be. This is the last charter I think. I don't know if they are going to have a reunion or not. Below Deck Sailing season 3 start February 21st.

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely not a job that I'd want.  I've always been impressed with the procedure that they use when changing lifeguards, with the incoming guard thoroughly looking at the pool and then the outgoing guard doing the same.  Doesn't take much to impress me.

Could easily save a life, so I’m impressed, too. Sometimes you can see but not comprehend. Shift changes is when things happen. Two sets of eyes is better than one. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, that is one problem with condos / HOA's - and I guess after that collapse of the Miami condo that everyone is on high alert and inspecting/repairing everything and anything to keep them safe.    Better safe than sorry!!

I am not a fan of those tenders and glad it is Not done as much as it was in the past for some ports.   

Hope you have an awesome time in Belize.    My Brother and SIL always love snorkeling there.   

Belize is the longest tender in the world. Or it had that title. I dont mind tendering except right now seems risky. Takes at least half a hour to fill up then almost 30 minutes to get there and you are shoulder to shoulder with strangers. I have to pass another covid test to do a b2b or I would chance it. 

Yes it seems the sidewalk slopes and water runs off into the elevator shaft. Lol my downstairs neighbor was going to the meet up last monday but wrote back she has covid. Hmmm. 

OB hope you are enjoying your cruise. Maybe you need to stay on another week and miss the weather up there. .. so ready for some sunshine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Belize is the longest tender in the world. Or it had that title. I dont mind tendering except right now seems risky. Takes at least half a hour to fill up then almost 30 minutes to get there and you are shoulder to shoulder with strangers. I have to pass another covid test to do a b2b or I would chance it. 

Yes it seems the sidewalk slopes and water runs off into the elevator shaft. Lol my downstairs neighbor was going to the meet up last monday but wrote back she has covid. Hmmm. 

OB hope you are enjoying your cruise. Maybe you need to stay on another week and miss the weather up there. .. so ready for some sunshine.

Yes, to be shoulder to shoulder on a tender is probably not a good idea right now but it is outdoors. But like you said I would do whatever I needed to make sure i tested negative for a b2b.    We did get crammed onto buses in Barbados and their bus terminal had everyone packed in like sardines as we stood waiting for our bus to go to the beach.    

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey Below Deck fans question???

Was last Monday's episode the last episode? We will watch tomorrow night. Just curious how many more episodes there may be. This is the last charter I think. I don't know if they are going to have a reunion or not. Below Deck Sailing season 3 start February 21st.

No, there is one more episode at least.  I hope there is a reunion but haven't heard about it yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

One guy was totally disrespectful to his wife on the show that aired last night.Since there are only two married couples on the show it kind of narrows it down .

He is very likely a total jerk to her at home, too. If she puts a dent in the car, burns the toast, forgets to buy cereal, I can see him tearing her down verbally. 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, one was awful as usual but the other is the one that was trying to "reassure" his wife prior to her turn at the roadblock.  They aren't going to let you do something that will kill you is not reassuring.  

And she looked almost sick to her stomach thinking about it. 
Both of the women made me proud!

• Like 2