Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, my DW has alpha gal... and that means no bacon.  At first we were eating turkey bacon, it is edible but not good.  Then we went to turkey sausage links and they were better.  Now we are eating maple flavored chicken sausage links, and they are actually very good.  They come pre cooked and frozen, but we still cook them.  So, you might give those a try.  Way better than turkey bacon.

I just had turkey sausage for breakfast.  I like Jones farm All Natural brand in frozen food section.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Don’t gag but after going to the Netherlands I acquired a taste for Mayo on my fries.

Personally, I wouldn't gag... Having lived in Brussels for 5 years, and traveling frequently to the Netherlands, I had my share of their excellent French fries with Mayo.

BTW, they serve mussels with a side of fries too.... I wish I was facing a big pot of mussels + fries right now 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, my DW has alpha gal... and that means no bacon.  At first we were eating turkey bacon, it is edible but not good.  Then we went to turkey sausage links and they were better.  Now we are eating maple flavored chicken sausage links, and they are actually very good.  They come pre cooked and frozen, but we still cook them.  So, you might give those a try.  Way better than turkey bacon.

Tried them...not bad.   But have you tried the Oscar Mayer turkey bacon?  We have tried many other brands and none compared.   The so called "Turkey Bacon" on the ship, especially in the Solarium Cafe on Oasis class ship...uggh...disgusting!  Not all Turkey Bacon is created equal. 😉 

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Personally, I wouldn't gag... Having lived in Brussels for 5 years, and traveling frequently to the Netherlands, I had my share of their excellent French fries with Mayo.

BTW, they serve mussels with a side of fries too.... I wish I was facing a big pot of mussels + fries right now 😁

OMG...loved these when we visited the south of France.  Paired up with a really dry Rose' ice cold.  

image.jpeg.2a7826f45036296a8786e53e1bcce876.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

French Fries go with ketchup, lots of ketchup.

Anything else is sacrilege 

Might as well dip them in grape jelly

Please don't insult our Canadian friends.   They swear by "Poutine".  😉 Very popular there.  image.jpeg.915dcb3efa5cd538218b5ee25089a69d.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

French Fries go with ketchup, lots of ketchup.

or malt vinegar.  Finding regular/white/clear vinegar in the states can be hard. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

Just now, island lady said:

Please don't insult our Canadian friends.   They swear by "Poutine".  😉 Very popular there.  image.jpeg.915dcb3efa5cd538218b5ee25089a69d.jpeg

Not my cup of tea.

Sure, you can tell me it's tasty, just like I told everyone that grape jelly on a grilled cheese sandwich is tasty. No problem insulting me though😇

See how that works😉

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

or malt vinegar.  Finding regular/white/clear vinegar in the states can be hard. 

Nope, just ketchup.

FWIW, I thought mayo on fries was a Canadian thing.

My ex DIL dipped them in honey mustard. She's gone now😉

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mussels with fries sounds good.  Do they serve both together in a sauce or separate?

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa said I could share her second paint by numbers. It took her a few weeks to complete. Lots pretty amazing. 

Wow, beautiful job.

That would be so tedious for me and I do not know if I would have the patience to do it.

Good Job Lisa!!!!!