Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The first time that we went was on our honeymoon.  We were one of the couples up dancing to that song.  It's a nice touch given the large number of honeymooners who travel to Hawaii.

I really would love to do Hawaii again we did it for our ten year anniversary which was 20 years ago, we did one excursion where we were the only couple not on there honeymoon. Cool cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. Had a good day yesterday won a hundred playing poker, in my monthly game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Great pictures. How long before your plants shoot out pineapples?  How do you know when they're ready to harvest?  I'm assuming they need lots of sun?

Well actually most of our Pineapples are in the shade from the Areca palms (which Bucky also grew from seeds) along the walkway, but normally...yes...they like the sun.  A Pineapple we have planted from cutting off the top of another Pineapple will take as long as two years to have a little one show up.  The "suckers" which shoot off to the side can be cut and planted as well, and take only a year.  All of the baby Pineapples out there showed up about a week or so ago, and will be fully mature around July.  

Ready to harvest when the Pineapple turns yellow, and you should be able to smell it also.  We have to be careful when they ripen.  Our "way too many destructive resident squirrels"  love to eat them in the middle of the night.  Have to drag them into the courtyard when they start to ripen.  😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The car is fully packed for our trip back to Cincinnati.  And I mean FULLY packed.  It's amazing how many things we absolutely cannot live without for 2 months 🙄.  The biggest space hog is an under counter wine fridge that came with the house and that we're giving to a young couple that's getting married and is very much into wine.  Even though it's used, they are very excited to have a wine fridge in their house.  We'll do better with a regular under counter fridge in the same space that is more flexible.  Wine doesn't usually last long enough in our house anyway.

We're going halfway there tonight and staying overnight in Asheville.  Then the rest of the way there tomorrow.  We've made this trip several times and it's fairly easy when broken into two 6 hour drives.  Fortunately, weather looks good in Cincinnati for the next week.  That will help some with missing Florida.

Have a safe trip!  🙂 

We have to limit ourselves to what we can carry on the plane for our 4 month stay in Maine this year.  😮   Usually we have a fully stocked "land yacht" pulling a fully packed rag top Jeep with the kayaks on top when we go up there.  Will be quite the change for sure!  

The last house we rent will be inheriting a lot of extra "precious stuff" when we leave.  Plan on buying a griddle, small cooler, wine glasses, some cooking utensils, and...can't live without my crockpot.  And of course several Hummingbird feeders.  😄 Will be a big trip to Walmart when we get there.  😉  Two homes are supplying kayaks, and we are having rentals delivered to one of them.  

I do have my Lobster claw cracker I am taking with me though. 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

I really would love to do Hawaii again we did it for our ten year anniversary which was 20 years ago, we did one excursion where we were the only couple not on there honeymoon. Cool cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. Had a good day yesterday won a hundred playing poker, in my monthly game. 

We did Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary also.  🙂   Pretty popular destination for those I think.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisingpeople said:

The pineapples or the "resident squirrels" ??? LOL😮

LOL.  I would love to drag those squirrels to another county...or state!!  😜

But no...it's the Pineapples (which are not light when they get huge) that we drag into the courtyard.  One beautiful large ripe Pineapple we had last year....we waited too long to bring it in to protect it.  Over night some squirrel ate it like corn on the cob.  What a mess...and a real shame.  Guessing that squirrel smelled like a Pina Colada for a few days.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We have to be careful when they ripen.  Our "way too many destructive resident squirrels"  love to eat them in the middle of the night.  😮 

LOL. :classic_biggrin: You have night squirrels? :classic_biggrin: We have a different name for them here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Well actually most of our Pineapples are in the shade from the Areca palms (which Bucky also grew from seeds) along the walkway, but normally...yes...they like the sun.  A Pineapple we have planted from cutting off the top of another Pineapple will take as long as two years to have a little one show up.  The "suckers" which shoot off to the side can be cut and planted as well, and take only a year.  All of the baby Pineapples out there showed up about a week or so ago, and will be fully mature around July.  

Ready to harvest when the Pineapple turns yellow, and you should be able to smell it also.  We have to be careful when they ripen.  Our "way too many destructive resident squirrels"  love to eat them in the middle of the night.  Have to drag them into the courtyard when they start to ripen.  😮 

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to be content to buy them.  Hardly any sun hits my balcony which in Texas is a blessing, plus we're now in an apt., and our lease is up in almost a year.  Not sure if we'll renew.

Graham, that face mask video is hysterical.  My husband, Jack, wants one! lol  It's fine when I see others use DH, but for me, I decided to use Jack's name from now on.

• Like 4

All these Hawaii pictures, I had to share this old blast from the past.  This was 1985, and the first trip we took the kids.  

The look on their faces said it all. “What, you stick us on a plane for 12 hours, go through 6 time zones, put us in these silly costumes, and you want a smile too??”

049463CD-A90C-422E-8D37-542E06E3BFBE.thumb.jpeg.0f277df97c15cf3ed0c5b5bf290e2e0c.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

In our little "nursery" we have the Avocado growing well, including newcomers Southern Magnolia trees (really complicated to grow them from seed), two palms, and some Sea Grapes.  Shots of our jungle anyone has to climb through to get to courtyard (Bucky's doing), and some of the Pineapples.  Also have Sea Hibiscus that has not popped up yet.  

20210426_091901.jpg

Do you ever put your pineapples in the ground or only in pots?

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

All these Hawaii pictures, I had to share this old blast from the past.  This was 1985, and the first trip we took the kids.  

The look on their faces said it all. “What, you stick us on a plane for 12 hours, go through 6 time zones, put us in these silly costumes, and you want a smile too??”

049463CD-A90C-422E-8D37-542E06E3BFBE.thumb.jpeg.0f277df97c15cf3ed0c5b5bf290e2e0c.jpeg

Priceless!

• Like 1

The Amish showed up today to take down a few trees in our neighbor’s backyard. 

17DE70CA-860B-4C00-94E3-88DBBA11B2AD.thumb.jpeg.b987867e0f226ffe56026946fd9003fc.jpeg

They had a couple boys climbing the trees to take the tops off.  

I kept waiting for one to take out a swing set, fence, or something else. 

I did tree climbing one summer while in college, but only to tie off trees.  No way I would do that with a saw. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+1..... Dinner -- we usually go to WJ and I go directly to the stir fry section 😉

Usually my stop in the morning.  The breakfast stuff I like is all carbs so I try to eat the stirfry and stay away from temptation.  I try but the Belgium waffles with strawberries and cream is hard to resist.

@h20skibum  That picture is wonderful,  I can just feel the vibes from that day.  I have one right next to my keyboard of my two from our visit to Disney at ages 3 and 7.  I love to look at it.  They were both smiling, something that was tough to get from my son as got older.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the "tech thread" but does anyone know why I can't view certain videos?  For instance, I can see Graham's but not the ones from the tree cutting.

Curiosity is killing the cat.

@singinalotCongrats!  Hope all went smoothly today! 

• Thanks 1