Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm only going tube able to squeeze a week out of the schedule.  Would you still do both?

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

You need longer than a week to make it worthwhile. Car rentals, inter island flights. :classic_biggrin:

Another vote for Hawaii. Went there for honeymoon, (1991), and have back there subsequently every 5th anniversary.

Hopefully, trip #7, (30th anniv.) this September.

Agree that more time is needed, but since you are limited, I would split between Oahu and Maui. (7-8 days). We did that for the honeymoon then built up to a 10 day stay the second time and have been doing 2 week stints ever since.

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

hahaha Nate too...He picked the house 🙂

I've grown to love it, though. The master suite is it's own floor on the top level....and I've wanted a white kitchen for a long time.

So, is the garage on the main level of is it a basement?  My curious mind would like to know.  I just figured it was on the ground level with the couple of stairs in the photo going to the main level of the house.  Then the others floors are above the rest of the house.  I just guessed that the elevator is more for the "old bones" of the previous resident.  I know a DR who put one in her house because she has knees and arthritis.

If not I am sure Nate has already figured a alternate location for parking the cars when there is a risk of flooding.  At our condo in Sarasota the mangers will shuffle cars to a neighboring building that has a parking garage.  They are allowed to use levels higher than the storm surge.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

This is a thread that we have friendly conversations of our day to day life.  It was brought to us by our lovely host Dani.  We have been enjoying it for months now.  If you would like to contribute about your life, we would love to hear about it.  Otherwise:  

What is another word for naysayer?
cynic doubter
misanthrope pessimist
killjoy defeatist
complainer downer
gloomy sourpuss

Thanks, this describes a lot of posters on Cruise Critic nowadays. I have a (growing) mental list of them, LOL....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you were referring to me, you are way off base with that comment.

Really?  Your comment that you didn't believe me about the soy sauce yesterday, assuming I had no idea about the sauce.  Then didn't believe me about Bucky up on the screen enclosure making me back it up with pictures, or in your words "or it didn't happen".  Arguing with Dave about the soy sauce. Bringing sweet Sea Dog down for being a newbie.  

Now you are telling one of the sweetest people on this thread that her house in in flood zone and referring it to "The Jeffersons"?  Just when she is so excited about her new place?

Have you ever had anything...anything.. nice to say to any of us?  

This thread may not be the best choice for you.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks, this describes a lot of posters on Cruise Critic nowadays. I have a (growing) mental list of them, LOL....

There's always the ability to actually block users.  Worked well for me with some users in the past, but I'm not sure how to do that now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think this is Vision TA, spring 2017

20201121_173730.thumb.jpg.a38a4308ebe0df7173de195f9c34c687.jpg

The wake is cool

What did you think of the Vision TA?

I was looking at the summer cruises from Bermuda to the Bahamas and back and thinking she would rattle and roll in those waters!

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

There's always the ability to actually block users.  Worked well for me with some users in the past, but I'm not sure how to do that now.

Yes, I do use that function but it's (up til now) been reserved for people who attack me personally, not for generally negative people. But I might need to revise it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Indeed, and one of the reasons we like to stick to this happy thread.  🙂 Thanks again to Dani for starting it.  👍

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yeah, I haven't had to do that in a very long time.  I think I forgot as well. Only had to block two users, many yeas ago.  Have pretty much stuck to this thread and the roll calls lately.  It's a shame some members insist on knocking others down on the main board.  😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're back in Ohio.  Trying to generate the energy/motivation to start the house prep process.  First, our youngest turns 23 today and we're having a celebration with a small group of friends tomorrow.

Congrats and happy you made it back safely!  🙂  What is the weather like up there?  Bucky grew up in Ohio, his parents lived there until they passed on.  

Happy birthday to your youngest!  

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Even easier to do these days.  Just hover over the person's screenname and you see ignore user as an option.  If on a tablet or phone, you probably have to click on the screenname and then get the option to ignore.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Really?  Your comment that you didn't believe me about the soy sauce yesterday, assuming I had no idea about the sauce.  Then didn't believe me about Bucky up on the screen enclosure making me back it up with pictures, or in your words "or it didn't happen".  Arguing with Dave about the soy sauce. 

Now you are telling one of the sweetest people on this thread that her house in in flood zone and referring it to "The Jeffersons"?  Just when she is so excited about her new place?

Have you ever had anything...anything.. nice to say to any of us?  

This thread may not be the best choice for you.  

Extra Soy sauce makes it saltier, the hotter tasting they ask you if you want is a type of chile hot sauce that is added into the stir fry toward the ending of the cooking. I thought you were referring to that.

On another forum(it's a tractor forum) I'm on, when people say they got a new or new to them tractor people always ask for pictures or it didn't happen....Same as I was referring you to do. It's a fun thing. To envy other's people's new toys.

I was just saying when a garage is under your house and live in Florida, put 2 and 2 together, pretty good chance you are near water. Thought that was neat, but common sense tells you anyone near water  is much more prone to being in  flood zone then  not.

The Jefferson's comment was a compliment, moving up to to bigger and better things. It's a wonderful time to move to  new place. I wish them both ton's of luck in their new place.

I'm excited for her new house, think it's awesome they are moving to Florida. My wife and I almost did it ourselves the same thing but decided to move to Virginia from New Jersey.

Looking at Mytle Beach now to buy something close to the beach for a investment , use a few weeks out of the year and rent out the rest of the time. Guess what I bet it's in a flood zone too.!

On your last comment, my opinions about topics may not be the same as yours and some others on this forum. But I thought that was what this forum is to discuss different topics?

I guess maybe you don't quite understand what an open forum is all about.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I haven't had to do that in a very long time.  I think I forgot as well. Only had to block two users, many yeas ago.  Have pretty much stuck to this thread and the roll calls lately.  It's a shame some members insist on knocking others down on the main board.  😞 

Two ways to add someone to your ignore list. Click on your screen name. A dropdown menu will appear. Click on "Ignore Users". The rest is self explanatory. Another way is hover over the person's screenname and you see ignore user as an option.  

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Click on your CC user name. A dropdown menu will appear. Click on "Ignore Users". The rest is self explanatory. 

Yeah, time for the block. Didn't want to have to do that...but 😉  Done.... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So, is the garage on the main level of is it a basement?  My curious mind would like to know.  I just figured it was on the ground level with the couple of stairs in the photo going to the main level of the house.  Then the others floors are above the rest of the house.  I just guessed that the elevator is more for the "old bones" of the previous resident.  I know a DR who put one in her house because she has knees and arthritis.

If not I am sure Nate has already figured a alternate location for parking the cars when there is a risk of flooding.  At our condo in Sarasota the mangers will shuffle cars to a neighboring building that has a parking garage.  They are allowed to use levels higher than the storm surge.

Be careful what you ask on here...................word flood is forbidden.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Even easier to do these days.  Just hover over the person's screenname and you see ignore user as an option.  If on a tablet or phone, you probably have to click on the screenname and then get the option to ignore.

Thanks.  🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Congrats and happy you made it back safely!  🙂  What is the weather like up there?  Bucky grew up in Ohio, his parents lived there until they passed on.  

Happy birthday to your youngest!  

Weather isn’t too bad with highs in the mid 60s to upper 70s the next few days. Typical April/May showers every few days. Still shorts weather. 😀

• Like 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Weather isn’t too bad with highs in the mid 60s to upper 70s the next few days. Typical April/May showers every few days. Still shorts weather. 😀

Nice!  Looking forward to that kind of weather in Maine this summer.  

Checked the weather in northern CA for next week. In the 70s and down to 40s at night.  With it getting up to 90 later this week in central FLA...it will feel nice!  

You left just in time to get out of the heat and humidity!  🤗

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice!  Looking forward to that kind of weather in Maine this summer.  

Checked the weather in northern CA for next week. In the 70s and down to 40s at night.  With it getting up to 90 later this week in central FLA...it will feel nice!  

You left just in time to get out of the heat and humidity!  🤗

It is raining in Dallas but will be 80, we go out every Wednesday to listen to our favorite singer in a restaurant that is setup like a 1960’s supper club . As for houses I am extremely happy we bought a one story house exactly ten years ago, I liked the multiple stories in my younger days but not now. 

• Like 1