Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today,in 1953 the first color TV was sold in the US for a mere 11,000 dollars.

We got our first black and white tv delivered when I was 3.  I remember it so well.  The delivery man turned on Howdy Doody and said all the kids seemed to like it.  I remember the last show when Clarabelle spoke for the only time during the run of the show.  He said "bye kids".  I later found out he was Bob Keeshan, Captain Kangaroo, a show I never liked.

Fast forward to sometime in the 70s when Jack and I bought my parents their first color tv.  My father said the color was too bold and didn't look natural.  May he rest in peace, he never took to progress well.  

• Like 3

My doctor wanted to send me for X-rays on my replacement knee because it looks so bad. I talked him out of it, 
mostly because I’ve had more medical everything in the last 7 weeks than I can take. 
I would be able to tell if it was damaged. And it isn’t. Just looks like a distorted watermelon!

So I’m fine. I didn’t say pain free, but not needing medical intervention, and by this time next week I’ll be fine. 
On the other hand, my wall needs help!

• Like 13

Lizzy and Charlie Update:

770391993_InLap123021.jpg.9752c8ed5fd964a49cb5312a2fec4d70.jpg

As you can imagine Linda and I have had our hands full so that is why I can't post as much. The babies have been really well except for some accidents inside the house. Good thing our floor rug was a cheap one. We will probably toss it after they get potty trained.

Crate training at night is excellent. They do not cry very much and we have gotten them to hold their bladders for 3 hours. So we end up getting up at 2:30am and 5:30 am to take them outside. I wish it was springtime to do this. Winter is darn right cold not only for us but the puppies.

2138565861_PlayPen.jpg.0cb6c01b9592f243b4892c775fd38849.jpg

We did buy a pack-n-play for the puppies when we need to do some things around the house when we can't watch them every second. You really have to watch them. Charlie likes to chew. We have been teaching him it is not proper to bite fingers by holding a thumb and index finger over their nose and mouth and saying "no bite," so far it hasn't sunk in. "Why am I in time out" Charlie and Lizzy have that look.

909530137_PlaypenWhatDidIDo.jpg.403d9e17b4015bf798239ab560d7b5b9.jpg

Outside has been wild. They have been pretty good about doing their business but they really want to run, wrestle and have fun. They can be pretty rough with one another but they snuggle on top or one another when they sleep. One scary moment when I heard a hawk screech overhead. I gathered up the kids and put them inside. Never saw the hawk but they would love to swoop down and grab our kids.

Here is a video I shot of there fun and playtime outside.

Thanks for watching. Now back to potty training.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My doctor wanted to send me for X-rays on my replacement knee because it looks so bad. I talked him out of it, 
mostly because I’ve had more medical everything in the last 7 weeks than I can take. 
I would be able to tell if it was damaged. And it isn’t. Just looks like a distorted watermelon!

So I’m fine. I didn’t say pain free, but not needing medical intervention, and by this time next week I’ll be fine. 

So sorry Mimi to hear about your fall, it sounds horrific. Thank goodness you weren't  alone in the house when it happened.  Hope your knee heals quickly and sending best wishes to you for a healthy and happy New Year 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No it sold for $1000 in 1953

Courtesy RCA __1954: __RCA begins production of its first color-TV set for consumers, the CT-100. It's destined to become a costly classic. The RCA set had a 15-inch screen and sold for $1,000

My friend Mike told me it was $11,000.I know now that I should check before posting.Thank you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike told me it was $11,000.I know now that I should check before posting.Thank you.

I just read 2 months later the first Westinghouse color tv went on sale at a store in NYC for $1295 that would be equivalent to approx. $10,000 nowadays.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We got our first black and white tv delivered when I was 3.  I remember it so well.  The delivery man turned on Howdy Doody and said all the kids seemed to like it.  I remember the last show when Clarabelle spoke for the only time during the run of the show.  He said "bye kids".  I later found out he was Bob Keeshan, Captain Kangaroo, a show I never liked.

Fast forward to sometime in the 70s when Jack and I bought my parents their first color tv.  My father said the color was too bold and didn't look natural.  May he rest in peace, he never took to progress well.  

My parents never owned a color TV .They bought an Andrea black and white TV in 1952.Toby and I had that TV until 1993 although we bought a color TV in the mid 70’s.

• Like 2

Mimi- My goodness,you took quite a fall today !

Hoping you  recover nicely and soon.

I took a fall last December,tripping over empty cartons that I left on the guest bedroom floor as I took out the Christmas gifts that needed to be wrapped. Haven’t left empty cartons on the floor since !

I hit the right side of my head near my eye on a sharp edge of a hope chest.

Hubby was on the treadmill in another bedroom.Heard me yelling and came ASAP.

Blood dripping on me and the carpet. I had a pretty good gash that needed tending for a couple of weeks. He was a good nurse.

I found the fall to be unsettling.

Try to take it easy in the next few days.Maybe sitting outside in the FL sunshine may help you

.Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is a video I shot of there fun and playtime outside.

Thanks for watching.

Greg,

Is it not amazing that pictures and the video of these cute little puppies that I have never seen, of the family that I have never seen are bringing me, who is sitting far far away,  so much joy, oh so many smiles! I can only imagine what joy they bring to you and Linda! Thank you for posting!

Lizzy has a distinct little bark, like a girl "voice"☺️. 🥰

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had the first color TV in our area.  The shop used to bring people over to our house to look at it!  Bonanza was first color TV show!!!

Bonanza was my mom's favorite show.  She LOVED Lorne Greene.

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I'm glad the wall got the worse of it but it still seems like you have some healing to do.  Hopefully, quickly without too much pain.  Through it all, you still have that positive outlook.  Way to go, Mimi!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonanza was my mom's favorite show.  She LOVED Lorne Greene.

I'm glad the wall got the worse of it but it still seems like you have some healing to do.  Hopefully, quickly without too much pain.  Through it all, you still have that positive outlook.  Way to go, Mimi!

I must clarify that I was a young child when that color tv entered my family home😁

• Haha 4