Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

We’re back on “solid ground” as of this very early morning. Had to “burn” some hours until our room was ready. Barcelona.

We we’re supposed to get “free Wi-Fi” as one of the “perks”, but it turned out that the “free” only allows u to check emails and send WhatsApps. 

We have to spend another 2 days here, courtesy of a cancelled flight, and back home I’ll try to catch up.

We had the pleasure to meet with Sue “uk” and Gary, her DH, and had some interesting and enjoyable talks.

(((((( )))))

Hi Dani,   We are all very excited to hear about your vacation/cruise.    

@sgmn    Welcome home Sue and Gary,   love to hear from you too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

So are her husband and boys!

She’s great at giving them all kinds of experiences and takes plenty of photos. 
Not axe throwing, though!

Colton was touring his dad’s firehouse, and Ledger was dressed for Pirate’s Day at preschool. 

4BF0140C-466D-457D-AEA8-92244BDE1F83.jpeg

EBCA4BCB-7A3A-45B7-841A-25CB84780BB8.jpeg

They are precious🥰   I especially love the pirate!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

We’re back on “solid ground” as of this very early morning. Had to “burn” some hours until our room was ready. Barcelona.

We we’re supposed to get “free Wi-Fi” as one of the “perks”, but it turned out that the “free” only allows u to check emails and send WhatsApps. 

We have to spend another 2 days here, courtesy of a cancelled flight, and back home I’ll try to catch up.

We had the pleasure to meet with Sue “uk” and Gary, her DH, and had some interesting and enjoyable talks.

(((((( )))))

Welcome back, we will all be patiently, well kind of, waiting to hear about your trip.  Enjoy your bonus few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome back, Dani.  Looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing some pictures. 

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Colton was touring his dad’s firehouse, and Ledger was dressed for Pirate’s Day at preschool. 

EBCA4BCB-7A3A-45B7-841A-25CB84780BB8.jpeg

Love that pirate outfit!

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

What a great outing. 

If you ever need help with the crew let me know.  
You do so many fun adventures. 

take care. 

Take notes.   Before long, you will have a little one to take on outings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sounds like our cruise out of Miami last October.   Although it was frustrating the day the flight was canceled, it gave us time to explore Miami and we had a great time.  Hope you have a great time with the extended time too.

Welcome back! Looking forward to the pics 📸 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was in my current rehab place 6 years ago when I had femur bone surgery.  It's advertised as a "boutique" rehab place.  It looks a lot less medical than other rehab places I visited when friends were there. Hallway floors are carpeted, works of art on the walls, really nice public rooms where unfortunately due to covid only residents can enjoy.  Family members can only visit in patients rooms.  I have a corner room with a huge L shaped window, a couch, 2 nice upholstered arm chairs, wood dresser and a full double door closet.  Beautiful landscaped courtyard which nobody uses in this current 100 degree weather.   It's usually hard to get in but my previous stay and volunteer work got me in.  It isn't home but they make it comfortable.

So far I'm here 3 weeks and no word of discharge.  I have no idea how much my insurance will cover.

Thank you for the good thoughts.  Unfortunately, I have 8 more weeks of no weight bearing on my right leg.  They'll discharge me when I can take care of myself at home/or when my insurance runs out. Although Jack will be a big help, I need to be as independent as I can.  When I can finally put my right foot down, I'll need more physical therapy to walk correctly again.

Pain comes and goes.  No "happy pills" in over 24 hours.  Yea!

When I was discharged I was not totally independent. I couldn't do stairs (bed & bath upstairs) so I slept on the sofa for several weeks. I told Dr I hadn't re-learned stairs. "You'll figure it out." I didn't.

The worst part was gaining the stamina to stand for any length of time.

Yay on the lack of feel good pills! Now you can upgrade to wine. 😉

• Like 5

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

After learning about bees yesterday, why not move on to geese and fish today?

Today’s adventure took us to the Linesville Spillway.  Picked up 15 loaves of bread to feed the wildlife, and it is encouraged here. 

B6B38C9F-214F-44A5-ABB7-341B3EE29FC1.thumb.jpeg.1f45431046d91818d881e32e8b7bd0d2.jpeg

Lots of geese

4AAF5D1F-E0EA-436B-9C35-4699262316C1.thumb.jpeg.99f93a41f1010f6eae8ef21260f13547.jpeg

And lots of fish 

23D07C74-9E33-49CD-8AA1-BF5C1DB41DFF.thumb.jpeg.2cd8a345fa6bf45dc274cb18f636e4d4.jpeg

Susan says she has nightmares about falling into this mass of fish

7917AAFF-62B1-4CED-9DFF-A1809E9B350B.thumb.gif.ee68a088509df0b12a73897ca694f9cd.gif

We moved on to the fish hatchery, but there isn’t much to see this time of the year. 

64FDFA36-7136-4351-A90A-EF3914D7DE1A.thumb.jpeg.6a2c7778b47556a85da152aab435bfe0.jpeg

49E9B7D1-A14A-42DF-98F5-4B05A273A0EB.thumb.jpeg.571917536e631adfc2693863d5a91691.jpeg

I did spot a nice Lilly pad 

9F9B3D0E-A135-417B-AE56-A0F2EAC337DF.thumb.jpeg.903cc5c8c62017b690c9f565ba01a022.jpeg

Then it was off to the Safari Bar in Meadville.  The kids gave me their best frightened looks as they posed in front of the polar bear. 

45F19D0C-37B3-4F70-92E3-0B4EFF08AC54.thumb.jpeg.0d782a1bc188ba85ecf35208eeffbee6.jpeg

You find such fun stuff to do with them. What a blast!

• Like 5

I’ll try this again. The first version is floating around in space. 
I’m trying to decide if we should try Celebrity while we’re still upright. 
What would be the reason to sail with them?
Royal  has the only entertainment I enjoy. 
Specifically the Aqua Theater, Broadway show (Cats not so much!) and the ice show. 
They are different  from other lines offerings  and we’ve sailed on a good number of them. 
I usually book Jr Suites and like the extra room. 
I really like Park Cafe for lunches. 
So what it make it worthwhile to cheat and sail with Celebrity?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’ll try this again. The first version is floating around in space. 
I’m trying to decide if we should try Celebrity while we’re still upright. 
What would be the reason to sail with them?
Royal  has the only entertainment I enjoy. 
Specifically the Aqua Theater, Broadway show (Cats not so much!) and the ice show. 
They are different  from other lines offerings  and we’ve sailed on a good number of them. 
I usually book Jr Suites and like the extra room. 
I really like Park Cafe for lunches. 
So what it make it worthwhile to cheat and sail with Celebrity?

Agree just speaking of entertainment rccl ships is the best . The new edge class had live music starting very early in the afternoon which we totally loved nothing big a duo or a jazz trio . We sail in full suites and you can’t compare suite perks between the lines , suite dining room is way better than rccl CK . Suite lounge has free drinks all day not just for a happy hour with high end scotch etc , plus edge class has private pool and hot tubs for suites. Passengers are dressed better with very few children in general. You don’t see shorts and tank tops in mdr. I just think it’s more of a adult cruise line , I am Diamond plus on rccl but now definitely prefer celebrity. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

So glad you are back Dani and looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the ship!  I am booked on The Beyond for 2024 Panama Canal cruise.

Is that a full transit cruise?

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

(((((( )))))

Welcome back Dani. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you use hair gel on the top of her head to get those ridges on the top of her head?  🙂

Our cat also has fur like that. Lilo is a mixed breed of we don't know what. She was a stray. First picture when she was a baby and next 2 she is grown. She's a small cat. Her fur feels so soft unlike other cats we have had.

20180129_213020.thumb.jpg.26ee8829102c7a2e53e5ecfee26511cf.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-140428_Messages.jpg.d14e4fff287011afd2d986ded9f231cd.jpg

20191119_233426.thumb.jpg.933aad7dc1b0d6b395e1d934dd3e63c8.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 19

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello everyone,

(((((( )))))

Dani, it was absolutely lovely meeting up with you and your DH. We had some great chats and please please please if you are ever in the UK let me know. We're not far from London so can easily meet up there 

After meeting you I do regret not doing the 'Bella' cruise. You guys are going to have so much fun meeting up with everyone. 

Enjoy your time in Barcelona.  I know its a bit of an enforced stay but it is a lovely city 

Back to reality and back on a diet !!! I put on a ton of weight 🙈

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our cat also has fur like that. Lilo is a mixed breed of we don't know what. She was a stray. First picture when she was a baby and next 2 she is grown. She's a small cat. Her fur feels so soft unlike other cats we have had.

20180129_213020.thumb.jpg.26ee8829102c7a2e53e5ecfee26511cf.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-140428_Messages.jpg.d14e4fff287011afd2d986ded9f231cd.jpg

20191119_233426.thumb.jpg.933aad7dc1b0d6b395e1d934dd3e63c8.jpg

Oh the eyes. She's do pretty.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Dani, it was absolutely lovely meeting up with you and your DH. We had some great chats and please please please if you are ever in the UK let me know. We're not far from London so can easily meet up there 

After meeting you I do regret not doing the 'Bella' cruise. You guys are going to have so much fun meeting up with everyone. 

Enjoy your time in Barcelona.  I know its a bit of an enforced stay but it is a lovely city 

Back to reality and back on a diet !!! I put on a ton of weight 🙈

I think I missed something. Dani, are you on the Bella cruise too?

• Like 1