Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Vibe said:

I live in the area. The I4 ultimate project from the North suburbs of Orlando to Sand Lake Road has been completed. Better traffic flow. However south of that through the attractions will be completed at a later date. The CrossRoads shopping and restaurant center in Lake Buena Vista across from the area that leads to Disney Springs is being demolished to accommodate this.  Keep in mind that the drivers in the attractions areas are from all over the world, they are not familiar with the area and bring all sorts of driving styles.  

O-Town West is a new center with lots of restaurants and businesses, it is located north of Disney on Turkey Lake Road

Hope you get to visit Central Florida again soon.

I used to enjoy Gooding’s grocery store and several of the restaurants at the Crossroads. It was a nice area but I haven’t been there in 10 years. 

• Like 1

A few photos from today.  A quick one of the pool and garden.

F8CE48D5-12B2-44D4-B4FB-5A6228DB01CF.thumb.jpeg.f78ab8d80555ac84ccfdd0d592bc5b19.jpeg

BBQ pork chops for dinner.

FC9AEE2E-071E-4959-A857-FD3B2D5A0C79.thumb.jpeg.9c2ef50672eb6cb0de0a1b07b4758a07.jpeg

We are also under a tornado watch and have been since noon today. 30 minutes NW of us there was rotation. It’s sunny here now and the storm appears to be splitting where we live. Our generator has been running since 3pm when strong winds took the power out. They hope it will be back by 7pm or so. 

227CF19D-5B3C-4F34-B958-F02CE09734A1.thumb.jpeg.d840108295ca683019e771a8d879dbc9.jpeg

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Speaking of Wild Turkey, The Wild Turkey Rare Breed is one great bottle of bourbon. It has a high ABV but is really tasty neat or on the rocks.

I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Father & Son 13 year the last time I was in Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise on St. Maarten.  The owner talked me into it, since it wasn't available in the US.  It's really good but I don't think it's worth the price.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Being "buffet-eaters" [for the choices and the possibility to be "in & out" in record time] that will be a deal breaker for us...

That’s one of the reasons we probably won’t do it again.  They did have a very limited buffet at dinner in the lounge.  But it was really limited.  The small aft lounge had coffee and a couple types of cookies available all day.  But nothing salty or anything like Cafe Promenade.  By the end I just wanted a sandwich and chips!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No isolation?  Are covid folk allowed to go anywhere?

Ankle news.  I can stand on both feet BUT when I attempt to walk, my "bad" foot is in extreme pain.  Can't wait for PT to do its magic.  Baby steps..literally.

Car story just because:  I was driving alone in NY on the Palisades Interstate Parkway when the driver of a car decided to have fun with me, driving in back of me much too closely, cutting me off, seemingly following me when I attempted to change lanes.  I exited, he followed and I drove right into the parking lot of the Police Dept.  The jerk drove on.  I waited a few minutes, went inside and a policeman was kind enough to follow me home, made sure I got into my house safely. BTW this was before cell phones were the norm.

Something from many years ago just popped into my head. 
We were heading south on the NJ Turnpike when some semi drivers decided to drive side by side bling all the southbound lanes.
This was in the CB days. 

A young guy in a convertible decided  to pass them on the shoulder. 
Of course, the truck driver in the right lane swerved just enough to make him change his mind. We could hear the truck drivers commenting on and laughing at the cowardly convertible driver. 
We were in a van driven by my friend’s elderly father, with her little Italian mom

riding shotgun. 
We suffered until we got to the Delaware Memorial Bridge, where the turnpike widened for the toll booths and we were able to escape. 
As we passed the semi we’d been stuck behind, Mrs F flipped the driver off. 
We heard him on the CB saying “Did you see that old woman shaking her fist at me?” He was laughing. 
Mrs F was so angry she ordered her husband to get behind that truck again and ram it. 
That would have been a David and Goliath fight with Goliath winning!!!!
She fumed all the way to Florida about that driver not recognizing a bird being shot at him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Haven't looked at eggs lately, we usually buy 2 or 3 dozen at a time.

Price of gas went down here in Virginia now to $4.19 a gallon.

We bought at our neighborhood Shell yesterday because regular went down to 4.19. It was a “quick, fill up before it goes up again purchase”.
Today it was 4.09!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You would love this sunflower then, this is my Mom years ago in their garden in NJ.  These sunflowers were not even planted, it was a sunflower that came up by itself from last years  seeds that just fell on the ground from previous years.

My Dad planted sunflowers only 1 year, they would come up by themselves ever since and he would just transplant them into a row where ever in  his garden.

Bottom picture is a clematis we had at out house in NJ. It was huge.

Sunflower.jpg

20170906_190106.jpg

OMG they are both Humongous!!

How tall is that sunflower - 15 to 20 feet tall.    

Good old NJ soil.

Your Mom looks so cute standing next to it😍

• Like 1

Been gone all day.  Knitting in Pensacola and then had to pick up an injured opossum who is hanging out in one of my bathrooms until I can get him to the refuge in the morning.  No time to really catch up with the thread but have a good evening everyone.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I had the pictures to prove it, but in the mid 70's I had a Ford van that I had customized. Remember when customizing vans was a big thing? Now mainly it was to haul my drums around to gigs but it had orange and brown shag carpeting on the floor and walls. A raised bed in the back with orange plush velvet, wood paneled ceiling with airplane lights. Speakers in the front of the raised bed and swivel captain chairs. I always got kidded about it as people would say "if the vans a rockin' don't bother come knockin' " Oh how I loved the 70's.

And I am sure the neighborhood Father's locked the doors to their Daughter's rooms when they saw that van - 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Eggland's Best have been cheaper up here too.  They are the eggs I usually buy, especially if I am making a cheesecake.  They are so much better than the store brand where I shop.

Eggland’s are the only kind we buy.  I have no idea how much they are here. 

Let me add my welcome to @ckrobyn  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Been gone all day.  Knitting in Pensacola and then had to pick up an injured opossum who is hanging out in one of my bathrooms until I can get him to the refuge in the morning.  No time to really catch up with the thread but have a good evening everyone.  

Good luck with the oppossum, hope he recovers nicely.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

My dad had a Ford Galaxie 500. I have not thought about that car in so long until I read your post.

My dad also had one about a 1964 , red and white.

speaking of wild Turkey that was always my favorite bourbon but not a big bourbon drinker . One of my favorite all time songs is “Up against the wall redneck mother “ made famous by my favorite country singer Jerry Jeff Walker, one line in that song is “ drinking lone star beer and washing it down with wild Turkey bourbon whiskey “ he big claim to fame was writing Mr  Bojangles . 

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The back seats were pretty big too. Or so I’ve heard 😉🤣🫢

Yes, they did. And being a station wagon, the back seat folded flat. Throw in a few fluffy pillows & blankets,  even at 6'2", I  had no problem getting some "sleep" 😉😇

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Same here  I actually happened to notice that the Eggland's Best eggs were less than the Publix ones last week so I got them instead.  First time I have bought name brand eggs😇

We only buy Eggland’s Best. We get them at Bjs in a 2 pack (2 dozen) for $5.29.

Jade would like to officially welcome @ckrobynto this thread.

20220720_154913.thumb.jpg.474b38a2aaf6236ff99ed8ae7f02beac.jpg

So cute. Will she get darker or is it the photo that makes her fur look light?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Deb,    I just typed the same thing.    She's a sweetie.     But we have to get her a colorful blanky.     I would have thought Tyler would have done that by now.  😁

I mentioned a pink one to OB not to long ago and I’m still waiting. 😁

• Like 5

Excuse me, do you mean my dear friend Taylor?😁

Tell her you want a pink one loaded with Swarovski crystals.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly how I feel.      I am just not sure.    Eric is more interested than me.   I would give it a try for a nice European itinerary.

Mike and I keep saying we are going to take a river cruise in Europe, but haven’t really looked yet. One of these days we will. 

• Like 2

The best eggs...fresh from the roost (the chickens basically have free run in our back yard).  We started with six and now are down to three.  We'll probably "restock" next year.

16991104_Andiegg.JPG.7c087a26439fd7d9917bafd14ee4bb29.JPG

Two things -

1.  Don't believe it when someone tries to tell you that having chickens means cheap eggs.

2.  Yes, I'm well aware that I outkicked my coverage.

🤣

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Excuse me, do you mean my dear friend Taylor?😁

Does Taylor give free concerts for the residents of the town in which you both reside?

The lead singer of a band that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who lives in the same town as me gives free concerts for the residents .

• Like 3

We've also been intrigued by a European river cruise but not sure that we'll ever do it.  We like to explore on our own and while that's acceptable, I don't think it's the norm.  I'm not really a get on the bus and follow the woman with the umbrella kind of guy.  We've heard good things about Viking and also have a few friends who swear by Tauck, both land tours and cruises.  Tauck looks interesting.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does Taylor give free concerts for the residents of the town in which you both reside?

The lead singer of a band that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who lives in the same town as me gives free concerts for the residents .

I'm intrigued.  Who is the lead singer that gives free concerts?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So cute. Will she get darker or is it the photo that makes her fur look light?

Russian Blues don't have any pigment in the tips of their hair shafts so they are very silvery looking depending on how the light hits them. I think that picture was a bit over exposed. It was very bright in the room. She is darker than she looks in that picture.

• Like 7