Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

A mom my age gave DD her mobile number and said if she has any problems at the festival feel free to call her and with a storm predicted offered DD and her travel buddy, the pullout sofa bed in her RV, if their tent is overwhelmed.  

There really is so much kindness in this World.  ❤️

On another note, your pictures of Singapore were awesome.  Thank you for sharing!😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

As I have mentioned before- this thread moves quickly ! Which is a good thing as it is filled with interesting info and life happenings.

Catching up here with peppers 🌶of different kinds,gas prices (going down🤞),

travel photos (📷) particularity Singapore- lovely @aussielozzie18and York - interesting Graham,and  the favorite cities lists🗒 where some posters have cities in common.And not to forget- Jimmy Buffet! 

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. As a friend texted us today- “Where did the time go? Wasn’t it just awhile ago that I was dancing at your wedding ?”. We celebrated with a late lunch at a favorite restaurant.No food pictures as I don’t think hubby would understand. But it was yummy. Shell steak for him,a half order of ribs for me and a shared upside down peach cake. 

Now,we are getting ready to watch the Yankee game. It was a good day!

This is us! MJ🙋🏻and hubby 👨🏻‍🦳

50191FC3-B9AA-43CD-8C73-E1D6DFC17D33.jpeg

Congratulations on 39 years!

39 years of memories and more to be made!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So glad someone understands my English and there is no "language barrier" 😉

Renee, I highly recommend going with Celebrity.

A top notch experience, very smooth from beginning to end. I've done it 10 years ago, and choose specifically the Xpedition because

1) was the biggest vessels plying the Islands and I was worried about sea sickness

2) between 96 passengers is easier to "blend in" should some groups travelling together will somehow "overtake" lots of activities.....

I'll be more than happy to help in any way I could 😘 Being such "once in a life" trip, I've thoroughly researched every minute aspect.

Dani, I don’t think I have ever had a problem understanding your English. The 2 blank spaces just went over my head. 😁  I will also do a ton of research, but being able to get some from you will be wonderful. I was also thinking of Celebrity for this cruise. Have cruised with them before and they are our second choice for cruising.

• Like 2

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. 

Happy Anniversary MJ and Hubby!!!  Let's go Yankees!

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I get that occasionally.   I usually have to close down (app on phone or window on laptop) and then go back in. Curiously,  I always remain logged in. 

I just hit refresh on my Chromebook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mimi- Thank you for the update of your dear friend,Ginny. I hope that she can retain her spirit in the challenges ahead for her. I think her friends will help her with that.

On a practical note- could she have a chair that takes you up stairs- not sure of the name - installed so she could get to her bedroom and bathroom?

Hoping she can get in the facility you were in so she wouldn’t have to move from nursing care to a rehab center. Does anyone have any “pull” with the facility to advocate for Ginny? 

Bonnie- Good news about ditching the wheelchair soon.You are making good progress!

MJ🙋🏻

Financially the stair lift would be feasible,  but I have a feeling her family is going to push for her to come home. 
They talked her into spending May, June, and half of July up there, and they have wanted her to move back for years. 
She has always said Jacksonville’s her home. I want her to be as happy as possible and with no pressure from anyone. 

• Like 7

We went and watched our niece play in her league’s all star game today. Her team came from behind and won by one run. Cool factor is the game was played at Labbatt Park, the world’s oldest continuously baseball grounds, which has been in operation since 1877. 

28D1889F-E3B8-45EC-BE4F-D8082A49FCA5.thumb.jpeg.ddaf125caa732cc01d9513b9c1b17a9a.jpeg

Lucy is preparing for a big night out. 

FE766EA7-D2CB-4FCC-A3CC-9E1CA807A6F2.thumb.jpeg.fceda14631f882c1b2f766cfd894b204.jpeg

DB9E2967-DCBD-4B43-9C07-F331D28F995B.thumb.jpeg.4c8e605ed0b877c1078f699cde548970.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Love Jamie's show too! There are lots of others. I love the food travel ones. Yeah it's a little effort to look for them.

Learning more as I explore.   I found that I can mark channels as favorites and then find them easier in the favorites section.   Also found that I can cast to the TV without being connected to the home internet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's right.  Thank you. 🏆 I knew it was a Christmas show but just couldn't remember which one.

DW loves Christmas shows / movies / cartoons as much as @Sea Dog loves Christmas music. 

Probably seen all the classics half a dozen times a year for the past 30 years. I think I can quote all the lines verbatim. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe a Cubanelle pepper?    They are mild and grow 5 to 7 inches.     Please ask DH to find out when he goes to back I am really curious now 😀

I did not notice the peppers in the pic were that long.  Some looked like the Jimmy Nardello peppers I grow before they turn red.  They get 7 inches.  They are sweet but if you didn't know you would think hot by just looking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

As I have mentioned before- this thread moves quickly ! Which is a good thing as it is filled with interesting info and life happenings.

travel photos (📷) particularity Singapore- lovely @aussielozzie18and York - interesting Graham,and  the favorite cities lists🗒 where some posters have cities in common.And not to forget- Jimmy Buffet! 

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. As a friend texted us today- “Where did the time go? Wasn’t it just awhile ago that I was dancing at your wedding ?”. We celebrated with a late lunch at a favorite restaurant.No food pictures as I don’t think hubby would understand. But it was yummy. Shell steak for him,a half order of ribs for me and a shared upside down peach cake. 

Happy Anniversary!  That's a great pic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Is anyone else having problems hitting the like, thanks, laugh buttons?  I get a pop-up that there is a problem.

I will guess that I will see someone has already replied but if not here ya go.  I am behind but if I don't respond now I will forget.

I have been having the same problem.   Especially if I pause for awhile.  Usually refreshing the page fixes it.

I also have been losing responses.   Let's see if this one makes it .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Is anyone else having problems hitting the like, thanks, laugh buttons?  I get a pop-up that there is a problem.

I find if I refresh the page, that problem goes away. 

Edit:  I see several others have made this suggestion 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Beautiful. 

MJ. Have we crossed paths somewhere? Happy Anniversary!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not notice the peppers in the pic were that long.  Some looked like the Jimmy Nardello peppers I grow before they turn red.  They get 7 inches.  They are sweet but if you didn't know you would think hot by just looking. 

John, if they ever have a Vegetables of the World Trivia on a cruise, I want to be on your team! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does Gus usually try to get the birds? Any success? Hopefully not, but I know that’s what cats do

He has caught a chickadee. He’s pretty lazy, and well fed. Usually he naps under a hydrangea. He’s only allowed out it we’re in the backyard with- he doesn’t (or can’t) climb the fence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

John, if they ever have a Vegetables of the World Trivia on a cruise, I want to be on your team! 

The questions would have to address things I grow or consider growing.  And when coming up with quick answers there is that thing I call brain freeze!  Besides all of that, it would be great to cruise together. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Happy Anniversary

• Thanks 1