Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Now for Part 2 story of my trip.  First of all, challenges never run in short supply for me. They do not seem to end.  

After we arrived in Civitavecchia, we checked into our hotel.  We took out the Covid Test Kits and self tested.  The results showed Positive for both DH and me.  How could this be happening?  For a couple days, I had a sore throat but I thought it was due to all the cigarette smoke from so many people smoking. I had a little runny nose but it felt like I had a very mild cold.  That was all.  DH had a cough but that was it. Now all these thoughts are running through my head.  We can’t go.  We’d have to cancel our cruise.  We figured we had to go to the Pharmacy to get tested and get documentation for the results.  We would need these for if we have to cancel and get full refund.  Ugh.

We went to the Pharmacy but it was closed but would open back up at 4:30PM.  So we went back then and got tested.  These were uncomfortable brain ticklers.  Sure enough, after having avoided the plaque for almost 3 years, the Rona finally caught up with us.  We informed our TA who was on this cruise also.  We sent him the documentations and he started the process for the full refund for us.

Meanwhile, we still have the Transatlantic to deal with.  Because it’s a separate booking, we could not cancel that cruise without us testing Positive for it.  So what do we do for 12 days?  We have to hang around!  But we have to isolate at the same time.  We had to somehow make lemonade out of lemons and we decided to go to Pisa.  We’d wear our masks.  We stayed one night in Pisa. Then we found there is a Hilton Grand Vacation in Pisa, out in the country.  Thankfully, they had 4 days available for just when we needed it.  The last room available!  So we booked it.  Rented a car and drove to the Hilton.  It is not the same Hilton Grand Vacations like in Las Vegas or Hawaii.  Lol.  Only condos with kitchenette.  No free breakfast, no restaurants and no other amenities on property.  Just your basic condo. That’s fine.  We just want a place to isolate and relax and maybe just drive around the country side.  We went to the local grocery store.  Got some food to make for all our meals for the days we are here.  We are now planning what to do after Hilton.

I have no more symptoms- no sore throat, cough or runny nose.  DH still has a little bit of cough.  We won’t test again until 10/29.  Hopefully we will test Negative by then.  It was really tough to see our friends leaving to board Odyssey while we got left behind.  It all just seemed so unreal.

So sorry to hear, how disappointing. But you sound like you are making the best of a bad situation.  Hope you get to enjoy Italy some more and the TA goes ahead without problems 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Exactly.  What is the point.  DH got his 2nd booster and flu shot at the same time on both arms a few weeks ago.  Makes you wonder.

Without any scientific knowledge and strictly my opinion, I'm presuming it helps lesson the severity of symptoms not stops people catching it. 

I know when it first came out we thought this was a cure 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm on the fence about getting the 4th shot.  I am definitely going to get my annual Flu shot soon.

We both got the high dose flu shot this week.  I just had a sore arm for a day, and Susan had no reaction.   As for a 4th shot, I am also on the fence.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Without any scientific knowledge and strictly my opinion, I'm presuming it helps lesson the severity of symptoms not stops people catching it. 

I know when it first came out we thought this was a cure 

When I had it (after having 3 shots), it was no worse than a cold.  And after my Sister-in-law got it a couple weeks after getting the latest, and greatest, shot, it has me questioning the value.

• Like 7

I really got behind on this, and all the live threads yesterday.  Started out the day by going to daughter’s house to do some work at their place, and that consumed the morning.  I did see the nice Fantasy Football League trophy my son-in-law made on the 3d printer. 

BED7A229-1C93-45E4-A4ED-EDDEAB96E5CC.thumb.jpeg.ce9d17b1021fb77fdfb875a6d5c521ba.jpeg

Then it was back to our place to tackle more leaf cleanup. Just as I got out our blower, I noticed one of our neighbors starting to work on our elderly 90+ YO neighbor’s yard, so we headed over to lend a hand. I think we had about 12 piles this size. 

E1A7A222-E11D-4057-9B6D-C2D605D7873A.thumb.jpeg.b663858cfc10116d0edded11d95b6eb8.jpeg

After disposing of his leaves, Susan took our blower and started blowing ours, while I took our tractor and cut our neighbor’s grass.  I can’t believe we were able to finish both yards in only 4 hours time. 

When I asked Susan where she wanted to go for supper, her answer was, “I want to go to the movie and eat popcorn and drink pop”.  Not exactly the healthiest choice!

So we went to see Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts.  After getting the tickets, In my best Eddie Money voice, I start with “I’ve got two tickets to paradise…..”

We ended our day the same way we started.  A soak in the hot tub to sooth our sore muscles.  

• Like 16

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Deleted. Videos not working, will try again.

Reduced a second time and still not working. Might have to open a You Tube one put on there like @Sea Dog did, but don’t really want to.

Very cool video right up to the point where you got bit.  Pretty Triggerfish, 

• Like 1

As if I wasn’t having enough trouble keeping up with this thread and all the Live threads, CC was acting up for me yesterday.  It kept freezing up, not letting me “like” posts, etc. I eventually just gave up and today it seems fine.  
@FromSea2ShiningSea sorry to hear about your positive tests. It sounds like you’re making the best of the situation. 
@Tree_skier I’d love to follow your POA trip here. 
@Sunshine3601 How are you feeling Debbie? 
@Luckynana How’s Jim doing?

@ReneeFLL I could see the video just fine. Beautiful water. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I really got behind on this, and all the live threads yesterday.  Started out the day by going to daughter’s house to do some work at their place, and that consumed the morning.  I did see the nice Fantasy Football League trophy my son-in-law made on the 3d printer. 

BED7A229-1C93-45E4-A4ED-EDDEAB96E5CC.thumb.jpeg.ce9d17b1021fb77fdfb875a6d5c521ba.jpeg

Then it was back to our place to tackle more leaf cleanup. Just as I got out our blower, I noticed one of our neighbors starting to work on our elderly 90+ YO neighbor’s yard, so we headed over to lend a hand. I think we had about 12 piles this size. 

E1A7A222-E11D-4057-9B6D-C2D605D7873A.thumb.jpeg.b663858cfc10116d0edded11d95b6eb8.jpeg

After disposing of his leaves, Susan took our blower and started blowing ours, while I took our tractor and cut our neighbor’s grass.  I can’t believe we were able to finish both yards in only 4 hours time. 

When I asked Susan where she wanted to go for supper, her answer was, “I want to go to the movie and eat popcorn and drink pop”.  Not exactly the healthiest choice!

So we went to see Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts.  After getting the tickets, In my best Eddie Money voice, I start with “I’ve got two tickets to paradise…..”

We ended our day the same way we started.  A soak in the hot tub to sooth our sore muscles.  

Leaf duty is on our weekend chore list too.   Our Son Chris is coming to help tomorrow with leaves and trim some trees and bushes.   We will, also, get started on my neighbors yard.   She takes such good care of our cats while we are away.  

How was the movie?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, like the flu shot I’m guessing. My brain has been fried with trying to get this video stuff to work (definitely not my forte) and not thinking about that. 

🤣🤣🤣  I have had 4, but thanks.

Your photos and videos are phenomenal. What an amazing vacation ! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That day in Civitavecchia was beautiful.  It was perfect weather. 

2C389A57-4EEF-4A56-B517-847EC83F27BF.thumb.jpeg.867889227c3cf942db7498d4ae85e2f8.jpeg

Lunch at the same restaurant we ate at six years ago.  

94D5D385-2AC5-47EF-A288-63E2945B5824.thumb.jpeg.d014c1c0cee932ae6fd9d8b325e0676c.jpeg

8E972A95-599A-48EF-B327-6B6303ECDE98.thumb.jpeg.927fa7a42318461796979c64d321795f.jpeg

Sunset

4447125D-D4EB-483A-B55B-FA873EB88935.thumb.jpeg.74dc145a2d159034720c3b256184ccb8.jpeg

5FAA4A7C-42EC-46D4-8954-BA92CA35436F.thumb.jpeg.2a1e961317159c52d42dbea42a4223fe.jpeg

There she is the next morning.  I can see our stateroom.

6A1645F9-FA80-4FE2-9FC1-9D61AAA387BE.thumb.jpeg.86fc2c8caac6d14f3833003ce0f905fa.jpeg

I want to give this both a big like and a big sad face.  ☹️

• Like 8

Now I have a question that came up after telling a friend of mine about how with Viking the date upon which you can start booking excursions depends on one's room category. He said it's "the same on most cruise lines" (presumably including RCL and X since those are mostly what he sails on). Is this true? If so, I've never been aware of it. Seems to me that if you go on the website and excursions are already listed, anyone (in any room category) can book them. No? I've never been made aware of any specific date at which excursions become available. Can anyone clarify? 

• Like 1