Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you ever tried a pesto pizza?  Not everyone likes pesto but I do.  It's another thing I put extra extra garlic in.

When I use a Tomato sauce I use a small amount of sauce on my pizza.

No I haven't but I need to try it. I tend to not experiment much with pizza. Once I find something I like I usually get that kind all the time. My go to is a Chicken Cordon Blue pizza with a white sauce, Canadian bacon, Chicken chinks, cream cheese chinks, onions and lots of cheese.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Back in the day when I was married and the hubster traveled for work, we would have trouble with using our cards when he was out of state.  The fraud system would shut us down if he got gas in one state around the time I got gas back home.  It was like the credit card company couldn't conceive of the fact that two people with their own card on the same account might not be permanently joined at the hip.  We finally just decide that he'd use a Visa for work stuff and I'd use a MasterCard because the bank was just too confused!

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We used to have this happen too!    I would travel occasionally for work and the same thing would happen and we did the same thing - we split up who would use what card to avoid the problem.   

Same with me.   And especially around the holidays when DW & I would be shopping at different malls at the same time.  Finally decided to each have our own cards.  Made it easier to hide surprises as well just in case the credit card bill came before Christmas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was coughing all night ,non stop.I do not have an appetite and I cannot walk on my own even to the bathroom.I have a doctors appointment this afternoon.Thanks for your post,Debbie.

Hope you feel better soon. You want to ring in the New Year on a high note.

• Like 2

The only down side to the spring-like weather is people are taking the opportunity to take down the outdoor Christmas lights.  And it's not even New Years Eve yet.

Not this fella. My outdoor lights will be a blazing right up to the Epiphany, Jan 7th.  Indoor lights & tree might stay up a week or three longer. 🙂

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The only down side to the spring-like weather is people are taking the opportunity to take down the outdoor Christmas lights.  And it's not even New Years Eve yet.

Not this fella. My outdoor lights will be a blazing right up to the Epiphany, Jan 7th.  Indoor lights & tree might stay up a week or three longer. 🙂

Good for you. Me too. My lights outside will be on till the day after the Epiphany, then I will start taking the outside down. The inside trees will remain on until I start taking them down one by one. The last one is the great room tree. After that all the warmth and coziness of our house will be sucked out. I hate it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 I have researched the Garlic White Pizza.  Sounds good. When this was posted I didn't realize it was a pizza made with white sauce.   It sounds easy to make and the sauce sounds like it would be good on a lot of stuff. I usually use a garlicky red sauce.  Caden and I also like a garlic Pesto as a sauce.

I once had penne pasta with vodka sauce pizza, in NJ, where else?  Delicious!

7 hours ago, George C said:

Wife just left to pickup her best friend and her husband from airport, we were worried since Buffalo airport was closed then had some cancellations, they will definitely love our weather. 

61 now, going up to 72 tomorrow.  Glad they made it.  Enjoy their visit.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It's sunny, 57 degrees, no wind, low humidity.  People everywhere are walking around with shorts and t-shirts on. Kids playing ball in the front yards.

I love New York in May. 😁

Best month for sure!  NYers break open the shorts and tshirts as soon as the fear of a deep freeze is gone.  Too bad it's still December. 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Temps are expected to be in the low 60's in my area of PA this weekend.   I plan on taking down some of the lights (mostly the ground lights and figurines like snoopy, woodstock and rudolph).     Definitely going to clean up the house this weekend as it looks like a hurricane hit ever since Christmas.    I think we are going to leave the tree up for one more week, it is a fresh tree and still looks pretty darn good.    We didn't get it until the weekend before Christmas.

Stay tuned for an announcement of a new family member 

• Like 12

On 12/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, dani negreanu said:

I'm learning so much from this thread, interacting with so many different people from different parts of the world. It brings me so much joy and contentment. 

Thank you, all.

@dani negreanu 

Thank YOU, Dani!!,

I have also learned sooo much from this thread!!! 🤗 

I am very grateful that you started this thread waaaay back in April of 2020 during those scary early days of Covid. Having somewhere to go to read about how others were coping with the virus and the lockdown and later the promising results that you were reporting about Israel’s success with the vaccine was very comforting.

As the world began to “open back up again” your thread was (and still is) the first thread I read, because I wanted to find out how and what my “Cruise Critic Buddies” were doing.  

I think it’s great that so many people feel comfortable sharing their joys and sorrows as well as bits and pieces of their everyday lives in this community that you’ve created. And even though I don’t post very often, I truly enjoy reading your thread regularly. So many of us have been able to benefit from the information that is shared on your thread.  I know I have enjoyed learning about others cultures, customs, travels, household and gardening tips, recipes, etc. and I look forward to many more!!

I found this New Year’s wish that I would like to share with you and my  “Cruise Critic Buddies” ☺️

E66BE757-171E-4DE7-A78F-CAB83086018E.jpeg.96aaf6c4724aa425df2d855c0b4e81f2.jpeg

❤️
Sue 

Edited by CrzLvr2
Typo
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Still going through my Allure pictures from 12/11.   There are so many to post but as you can see, sunrise pictures are my favorite.  On this cruise, I met a couple other gals who are just like me.  We love sunrises.  We’d meet in the mornings on the Sun Deck and wait patiently for the sun to come up.  And when it peaks out through the clouds with its rays bursting through,  we’d be so struck with awe.  A sign that a brand new day is given to us to embrace.  We couldn’t help but give praise.

01CCB5E0-6B49-4517-B46B-FE1E1AE7FE48.thumb.jpeg.3e9e95742d936a98417b9d458bc3de63.jpeg

5DF434E0-A658-4B78-8DD7-4E88A64D04CB.thumb.jpeg.817e05d1063e090790b9e19a6af274a4.jpeg

8B0392C1-F594-41E0-A925-F2F6342EEF1A.thumb.jpeg.a9308863db58c8d014017311177728c4.jpeg

A Sunrise Art piece on one of the staircase walls

B4A35729-6557-46CA-A4BF-E0517E6D3698.thumb.jpeg.1920159ee4551af1bc6c5007dacbefea.jpeg

In Guess Services celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah 

EAE24B26-1551-4B34-9A72-493E23A65310.thumb.jpeg.b59baa2e08c7cde7abf67b43be3a4fc4.jpeg

An American flag hung in the Royal Promenade to honor veterans

569047A8-FFEC-443B-BC79-E7AF13707836.thumb.jpeg.22f324f9e0cd2515bf2bf9569496ea14.jpeg

Is that the red line that’s a no-no?

200F0E69-8BE9-4F91-9392-42F2267496DA.thumb.jpeg.68753b526c7392f0cb40f54f547c2d19.jpeg

E2C770F3-2AAD-4428-B72E-E1F83D41481E.thumb.jpeg.1f6045aa77b75f74a7d55a040d57f656.jpeg

Do you get extra credit for it being a foreign ship?

8F51D80B-950D-42C0-BE84-49291CE88886.thumb.jpeg.965d3ddae52813b51c119fbe274c9402.jpeg

Another sunrise

6BEE6033-D799-408F-965E-CE4B4E67F487.thumb.jpeg.e18468a7c4e07f5681ad2221dc0d87b1.jpeg

After the rain comes the rainbow

EED123D6-F23F-49F9-AC42-DFA0C4FEC1D1.thumb.jpeg.93ae95bd20fecf7d744b7acf26f6abb0.jpeg

Not sure what this plant is called but the flowers are very pretty 

7BFF8AA7-2130-438F-A1AA-C62F509B29DE.thumb.jpeg.90abb6e2858725fb8eb2781a19d34aab.jpeg

One of the Small Wonders.  There are 38 Small Wonders around the ship and we found only 14.  We didn’t know what we were looking for in the beginning but then we figured it out.

A513175C-615C-45EE-AC74-0103BFB68020.thumb.jpeg.d3b0bea876d48c58dd595330c110d377.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Best month for sure!  NYers break open the shorts and tshirts as soon as the fear of a deep freeze is gone.  Too bad it's still December. 😉

My BIL joined the family in Huntsville last week while we were still having very cold weather.   He was wearing shorts each day!  He lives near Denver and is DD says he wears them through the winter.  🥶 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was coughing all night ,non stop.I do not have an appetite and I cannot walk on my own even to the bathroom.I have a doctors appointment this afternoon.Thanks for your post,Debbie.

I hope the doctor had some good meds to get you well quick. I think everyone is going to get it this winter, whatever it is. 
 I had it before Christmas, my daughter and granddaughter started it on the 27th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrzLvr2 said:

@dani negreanu 

Thank YOU, Dani!!,

I have also learned sooo much from this thread!!! 🤗 

I am very grateful that you started this thread waaaay back in April of 2020 during those scary early days of Covid. Having somewhere to go to read about how others were coping with the virus and the lockdown and later the promising results that you were reporting about Israel’s success with the vaccine was very comforting.

As the world began to “open back up again” your thread was (and still is) the first thread I read, because I wanted to find out how and what my “Cruise Critic Buddies” were doing.  

I think it’s great that so many people feel comfortable sharing their joys and sorrows as well as bits and pieces of their everyday lives in this community that you’ve created. And even though I don’t post very often, I truly enjoy reading your thread regularly. So many of us have been able to benefit from the information that is shared on your thread.  I know I have enjoyed learning about others cultures, customs, travels, household and gardening tips, recipes, etc. and I look forward to many more!!

I found this New Year’s wish that I would like to share with you and my  “Cruise Critic Buddies” ☺️

E66BE757-171E-4DE7-A78F-CAB83086018E.jpeg.96aaf6c4724aa425df2d855c0b4e81f2.jpeg

❤️
Sue 

Well said!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1