Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting morning when we let the pups out this morning. We had several male bucks in the backyard. One seemed very interested in the pups and us and came down to just on the other side I’d our retaining wall to watch. We talked to him and he stemmed to enjoy his stay until we went inside.

A6DC09E4-6165-4017-BC9B-7E56DA76B508.thumb.jpeg.813212512c4586f595c192f9c7a048db.jpeg

21754B84-2FB1-4EEE-9FC7-E6A48EBC34D4.thumb.jpeg.fa95f83c27b62bbbbe01fe8a4aa6aa35.jpeg

F286819F-50EB-422A-874E-9F80562E8034.thumb.jpeg.feec741e53080a5e9689d1c516f6d790.jpeg

There was a bunch of construction in a formerly wooded-and-cornfield area about a mile south of my ex's house.  It was an odd little forgotten section of the city, bounded by residential areas to the north and south, the airport and manufacturing to the east, and the big retail zone to the west, but it was actively farmed up until it sold (for what was probably an outrageous amount) to the Stryker Corporation a couple years ago.  

Anyway, all that construction in prime deer real estate mean that our deer sightings went from a couple a year to dozens a month.  

My ex had to add height extensions to the fencing in the yard, because new dog Monte would leap over the 4' chain link like a bunny rabbit when there were deer in the yard next door.  So far six and a half feet is enough to stop him.  So far!  LOL

At least he doesn't just run off for the fun of it, like old dog Dexter.  He has to have sight/scent of prey to make him want to leave the luxe life he's living these days.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Please keep Charlie, my Charlie not Greg’s!, in your thoughts.  He is going for an MRI to check on the status of his liver.  He has been having stomach issues for awhile now but the cancer doctor does not think it is the cancer.  She ordered the MRI to make sure of the status quo🙏

Thanks all for always being there.

Sending prayers and good wishes for a good outcome of the MRI. Horrible time waiting for the results 🙏 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had an amazing cruise.

Glad you had a great cruise and some warm weather.  Apart from a short 5 day cruise on Allure we haven't done Oasis class. Looking forward to trying out Symphony in May

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a question for you. Between the infections you’ve had, how long was the time period in between. Another words was it seven months between the first and second time for example.  More curious than anything since I’ve had it twice. 

I saw this car near our hotel on South beach Miami.

IMG_20230207_105530.jpg

IMG_20230207_105512.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I saw this car near our hotel on South beach Miami.

IMG_20230207_105530.jpg

IMG_20230207_105512.jpg

I’ve seen a few of them here at home too. Strangely only in red as well. Basically it’s a two seater motorcycle.  I don’t think I’d want to know it’s crash rating but they are cool looking.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

I know some of you are fans of Judge Judy, so we drove by her Newport home, so I could let you see some views of her home from the window of our car.  Her home is not set back very far from the road. I suppose I could have zoomed in, but I didn’t want to invade her privacy.

A few years ago (maybe 5?)  there were some local news reports about her purchasing the home and there was a link to a realtor’s photos of the interior and the more scenic views from the other side of the home.  It seems to be very lovely inside.

Here’s the view from a couple of houses away.DSC06767.thumb.jpg.226750d8a28b7e336ed22a5d4fe3e901.jpg

And here’s the view from the road just before one of the two driveways.

DSC06777.thumb.jpg.34bba7654d90de88ff5fb8bb4384d3f1.jpg

Beautiful photos from your day trip. @Ocean Boy Judge Judy doesn’t need high fences and security like TS.  I suspect she doesn’t have the same fan base either though. Only disgruntled court plaintiffs and defendants that she berated and harassed.  Yes, maybe she needs a higher fence after all. 🤔😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Dude, you REALLY need to stop licking doorknobs and railings in public!  Sheesh!!!

I have to go to the mall today so I’ll just stick my tongue onto the moving escalator hand while standing at the end of it. That should give me the extra kick I need to boost my immunity for our March cruise.  🤢🥴

• Haha 20

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have to go to the mall today so I’ll just stick my tongue onto the moving escalator hand while standing at the end of it. That should give me the extra kick I need to boost my immunity for our March cruise.  🤢🥴

That sure is the easiest way to get maximum input with minimal effort!  LOL 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm with you.  I rarely watch a whole game.  I'm one that will flip back and forth to see what happens, watch the commercials and half time show Unless it's a team that we really hope wins, such as the Eagles.  

In 2001 we went to Baltimore harbor when the Ravens won.   We had a blast hanging out all night at a local crabhouse restaurant bar.   The whole city went crazy and the taxi to our hotel took over an hour to get back, but we didn't care it was fun!    We were suppose to check out the next morning but got a phone call from front desk that everyone could stay for Free for another night as most workers didn't show up to work and most everyone was hung over. Including us😁

I am with you too. I never watch, except maybe half time some times. Am inclined to cheer for the neighboring Eagles. No personal puppies in any games. 😁

And cheese steak....hole in the wall Hogie Haven in downtown Princeton has always been our favorite.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

My ex had to add height extensions to the fencing in the yard, because new dog Monte would leap over the 4' chain link like a bunny rabbit when there were deer in the yard next door.  So far six and a half feet is enough to stop him.  So far!  LOL

Tell him to try this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wonderful! Welcome to Orlando!

Thanks. We will be flying in with Finnley and parents.  The other two families of five each are driving and will join us tomorrow.  So thankful to be able to fly. 

Speaking of flying, I just noticed the armrest at the Memphis Airport will charge your phone. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't even know how anyone on the East Coast even goes to work the next day, following the Super Bowl? The games all start so late there, even Monday Night football. It starts at 3:30 PM here.

We always watch the Super Bowl, because we love the commercials. We don't really have a favorite, but Mahomes seems like a nice young man. I'm not familiar with the other QB. It was more fun when one of our citrus growers had a fun pool, that started before the playoffs. But sadly, they moved. So, we are back to watching for commercials. 😃

The owner of our company announced on Friday that all the service and install technicians could start at 10 am instead of 7:30 am..

He figured it was better to have a late start then have a bunch of no shows for the whole day.  

Most of the office workers don't know about this announcement.  I expect there will be a bunch of the office staff crying no fair come Monday morning.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. We will be flying in with Finnley and parents.  The other two families of five each are driving and will join us tomorrow.  So thankful to be able to fly. 

Speaking of flying, I just noticed the armrest at the Memphis Airport will charge your phone. 

Awww is it Fnnley's first flight?

I was just looking at the brunch menu for one of our local restaurants.  I know food prices are up, but this seems a little excessive, especially for the size of dish they show.

2C038900-1F12-4180-959F-43363C8410A6.thumb.jpeg.39a85d890c73b86e90f0ceae88910c83.jpeg

I am hoping they just got an extra digit in there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 12