Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, NHProud said:

That is a pretty good description.  My most vivid memory is from a fire north of Los Angeles. I could see the flames from my second story window. Another time I was driving down the street and could see the flames in Simi Valley .  Thankfully nothing in the last decade where I now reside . 

Hopefully I won't be seeing any flames soon as the haze & smell is from 700 miles to the north.  And it looks like it'll be hanging around for a few more days.

• Like 2

@Ozark_Kid, John, thank you so much for your help!  You are a genius.  I’m going to have to buy you a drink next time I see you.

@Sea Dog, Greg, it is so much more spectacular seeing it in person.  What is shown is not even the full length of the fountain, only the center portion.  Couple time after I videotaped it and then went back to watch it again without videotaping, I couldn’t believe I missed seeing so much the first time.

• Like 8

The pepper plants are doing great.  Last year I didn't pick any Jimmy Nardello peppers until mid July.   There are several that are good sized and I am just waiting for them to turn red.

P1.thumb.jpg.956ad8c4ceb89680a0a57798e9f3cb6c.jpg

P2.thumb.jpg.28964aabb173a62f8a71e1fde3efb10c.jpg

The Bell peppers are starting to show too.

BP.thumb.jpg.fd538d5c8088bdcb246eed6770853c1f.jpg

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Amazing. I love the music. That water show must be so impressive to see in person.

You haven’t been to Las Vegas? I think you would enjoy it .  I used to play the slots and I would get free nights . No more because it stopped being fun . 

We had a house in escrow in the Summerlin neighborhood of Las Vegas and canceled two weeks before the close of escrow.  It was going to be a business move . We ended up in a suburb of LA. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We just missed you then.  We stayed at the Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacation hotel.  I didn’t mention about the traffic or the crowd.  I agree.  The traffic on the strip was crazy.  We walked everywhere though.  It was so crowded.  I wouldn’t want to be driving.  Where did you stay?

We stayed at the Aria.   Palazzo is where we usually stay but for the dates we were going the rate was super high.   Aria was nice, great restaurants and pool area.  Room was dark, small and just so not the palazzo.  We might try the bellagio next time as I would like to keep using mgm properties if possible.  

• Like 2

Today is a special day, in so many ways.  The first thing I did today was wish Susan a Happy Birthday.  I had to do it from a hotel room, because we decided to stay near the airport last night so we didn’t have to get up too early.  This is happening right now. 

IMG_7484.thumb.jpeg.37b415f79ad4c3d4daa0e3d1bae18f4c.jpeg

Yes, we are flying to California this morning, so we can be at our California grandson’s fifth grade graduation ceremony tomorrow.  

We will get to spend a few days with our son, and his family before we fly back to Pennsylvania.  We plan to pick up something special to bring home with us.  For long time readers of Dani’s thread, you can probably guess what that will be!!

Yes, this will be the start of……..

IMG_7472.thumb.jpeg.214136c460967f5b5074a3501e8691df.jpeg

When asked what he wanted to do this summer, Lucas said he wanted to spend all summer in Pennsylvania with grandma and grandpa.  So, for the third summer in a row, he will be here until he goes back to school in August. 

We have some of the old time favorites planned, and maybe a few new ones this summer.   Time to ramp up the energy level to keep up with an almost 11 year old.  Wish us luck this year. 

• Like 35

17 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was hoping to book the sailing and looked at S2S option (Equinox to Adventure), but the Equinox gets back to Fort Lauderdale on 10/22.

What a difference a day makes 🙁.  Wish you could join us!

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We left Las Vegas yesterday.  We had a great time with the shows that we saw.  Jabbawodkeez show was fantastic.  Bruno Mars was amazing and fun.  Rich Little was so funny with his jokes and as an impressionist.  He had me laughing so much.

There is a lot of road construction going on on the Strip and some streets connected to the Strip.  They are building a new Las Vegas Street Circuit for the Formula 1 Grand Prix, happening in November 2023.  

It was so hot, in the high 90’s.  DH wanted to use the pool to cool off.  Not me.  Too hot to be outside for me just sitting around- even if it’s by the pool.

42883F8F-A973-4922-A7EA-609A27E98408.thumb.jpeg.70c8b90a34d53e66811557b35e5cd59a.jpeg

Great pictures.  I see you’ve joined the foot picture club here!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Today is a special day, in so many ways.  The first thing I did today was wish Susan a Happy Birthday.  I had to do it from a hotel room, because we decided to stay near the airport last night so we didn’t have to get up too early.  This is happening right now. 

Yes, we are flying to California this morning, so we can be at our California grandson’s fifth grade graduation ceremony tomorrow.  

We will get to spend a few days with our son, and his family before we fly back to Pennsylvania.  We plan to pick up something special to bring home with us.  For long time readers of Dani’s thread, you can probably guess what that will be!!

When asked what he wanted to do this summer, Lucas said he wanted to spend all summer in Pennsylvania with grandma and grandpa.  So, for the third summer in a row, he will be here until he goes back to school in August. 

We have some of the old time favorites planned, and maybe a few new ones this summer.   Time to ramp up the energy level to keep up with an almost 11 year old.  Wish us luck this year. 

Happy Birthday to Susan!

So excited to hear about and see all pictures you will post about the summer adventures with your grandson! You will post, right? Look forward to it!

• Like 5

Before the drone show, walked the light show (with music) at the Botanical Gardens with a nice glass of mulled wine.D9F7115C-83BD-4A4B-A3BF-E4BD8D45524B.thumb.jpeg.654bffb5bcc401e7ff8a86a95d7a0d3f.jpeg

98C2D5B4-7855-4472-BA8B-C7AD18C4D13A.thumb.jpeg.03c5cfbdf3308551341fcec0247c45e9.jpeg

D64FB252-0BA7-45E0-ABF1-3B2C334CEDDD.thumb.jpeg.018d1e9f3de6ad12d846dd0eb2d93222.jpeg

A66A5CB1-A3C2-4BA6-A809-A4F8E1FB4478.thumb.jpeg.b3821b2cc4bfa7d228aaabf5e4371477.jpeg

35096FBC-6EE9-4C8F-91C2-41C99E49CB69.thumb.jpeg.39f16737c907a9782aca52f25b0230c0.jpeg

5485556A-4609-497C-A775-65974427AD30.thumb.jpeg.028cd23526292abfa067eab969892b92.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from the photo but it’s a whale in the Ocean.  The kids squealed when this one first came on.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

We had a very nice meal at our favorite upscale restaurant last night , owner which we are friendly with was at the next table with a few people, after he left and music was done we asked for our check , waiter told us owner already paid for the check 😁😁😁, I would haves more expensive bottle of wine if I had know that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen, your Las Vegas pictures are great. So glad you enjoyed your trip.  Sounds like you picked some great shows.  Makes me wish our trip was closer. 

Doug and I will be heading there September 28 for 5 days.   We got married in Las Vegas and go every few years, usually for our anniversary.   Last year we went the beginning of September and it was so hot that soles of my shoes literally melted off from the hot pavement.  I had to throw them away.  It was 116 degrees! 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, NHProud said:

You haven’t been to Las Vegas? I think you would enjoy it .  I used to play the slots and I would get free nights . No more because it stopped being fun . 

I’ve actually been to Vegas many times but haven’t been back since Bellagio was built. My best friend was a musician who played in Vegas for many years until his death by suicide. I used to visit and stay with him for a week at a time. After his death I just don’t have the urge to visit. 

I also am partial to the old Vegas when they had the Dunes, Stardust and Frontier hotels. Back when corporations didn’t own the hotels. I loved being able to get 99 cent shrimp cocktail at the dunes, a 50 cent Heineken at Circus Circus and $3.49 prime rib dinner. Those where the days. You could play on a 25 cent crap table for hours. Now you can’t even afford most tables.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy Birthday Susan and have a great summer.

27 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a very nice meal at our favorite upscale restaurant last night , owner which we are friendly with was at the next table with a few people, after he left and music was done we asked for our check , waiter told us owner already paid for the check 😁😁😁, I would haves more expensive bottle of wine if I had know that.

I’ve had that happen to me once. What a great feeling.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

happy-birthday-SUSAN-16756.gif

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve actually been to Vegas many times but haven’t been back since Bellagio was built. My best friend was a musician who played in Vegas for many years until his death by suicide. I used to visit and stay with him for a week at a time. After his death I just don’t have the urge to visit. 

I also am partial to the old Vegas when they had the Dunes, Stardust and Frontier hotels. Back when corporations didn’t own the hotels. I loved being able to get 99 cent shrimp cocktail at the dunes, a 50 cent Heineken at Circus Circus and $3.49 prime rib dinner. Those where the days. You could play on a 25 cent crap table for hours. Now you can’t even afford most tables.

I’m sorry about your musician friend .  You must have great memories of your time together.  My husband’s brother asked us to join him and his lady friend in LV so we did . We had a fun time with them .  One month later he died . We are so grateful to have had one last visit him .   When in LV , I think of him . 

Woe , you go way back . I’ve only read of those deals .  The food is better and the shows are glitzier and it costs more , too . 

Very sorry about your friend, Greg . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I first went to Vegas sometime around 1985.  My roommate's little brother was graduating from UNLV.  It was VERY different back then.  You could get those great food deals that you mentioned.  My roommate's brother introduced us to a small place in front of Circus Circus called Slots A Fun.  Great place for cheap gambling and cheap beer for those who were on a budget.

I used to go to Vegas annually for Comdex and then the CES show.  I watched Vegas change several times.  I remember when they tried to "clean it up" and make it more family friendly.  That didn't last long.  They brought in celebrity chefs and the cost of food skyrocketed.  One by one, the old places were knocked down/imploded and replaced with mega resorts.  I remember staying at the Dunes once.  Cool place.  I don't mind the current version since it's a little more upscale and has great shows.  But I do miss the old version.  

• Like 7