Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So do I. We have a few living in the yard. Hopefully, the coyotes don't find them.

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Same here coyotes also bobcats .

When we first moved to SC we had rabbits in our yard but haven't seen them the last few years.  Others have seen coyotes recently so assu,ING that's where the rabbits went.  We have quite a bit of undeveloped land just outside our development, some of which they are starting to build on (way too juch building), chasing everything our way.  Have coyotes, bear, gators, deer along with the smaller lizards, frogs, and yucky snakes.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just an update (no need for well wishes or anything it's just part of life getting older) as Linda is now scheduled to have hand surgery Friday on her right thumb where she has no cartilage and severe arthritis. I guess they will cut a tendon in her arm and roll it up and use it as cartilage for her thumb. She will not be able to lift anything with that hand for 3 months. She should be ready to go for our October cruise. 

I meet with knee surgeon next week but I am very doubtful I can get a total knee replacement scheduled with enough time to rehab before our cruise. So I may have to get some more injections to tie me over until after. I'm in a lot of pain and it is tough walking now after the previous injections have worn off but hey I'm used to pain so I will grin and bear it.

Not looking for any sympathy or anything as I just like keeping my dear friends here updated on whats going on, since I will playing nurse to Linda. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am this Friday. That will be no fun.

Cheers!

Best wished for a successful surgery for Linda and that your pain is lessened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will never be fine ,I have accepted that but I am doing the best that I can. I am going to be having in home PT.

I guess one day at a time. Hope home PT helps Lenny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I will admit that I haven’t seen too many sunrises…(unless it’s debarkation day on a cruise)…but sunsets at cocktail hour are equally stunning!!

I see lots of sunsets on cruises pretty rare for me to see sunrise.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 66°F now but we have had a lot of rain showers today.

We went to Lumley castle for lunch.

IMG_20230712_145741.jpg

IMG_20230712_145223.jpg

IMG_20230712_145158.jpg

IMG_20230712_141019.jpg

What a combination 😍 I love seeing beautiful 🏰 castles and great tasting fish and chips!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We don't have any bunnies around here...geckos, squirrels, frogs, snakes, turtles, gnats, mosquitos, etc...but no bunnies.  We did have bunnies in Ohio though and Micheline most definitely did NOT think they were cute.  Whatever flowers she planted would get mowed down within a week.  We trained our dog to chase them away, but they kept coming back.  

We had bunnies a few years ago.  I guess their instinct when they’re afraid is to freeze and hope they aren’t noticed.  Our dog would look out the window and see the bunny.  He would bark (and bark, and bark).  The bunny would freeze.  Unfortunately it was often on the driveway.  I don’t think freezing on a concrete driveway really accomplishes much, except to drive the dog crazy.  The next year we noticed foxes and no more bunnies……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I will admit that I haven’t seen too many sunrises…(unless it’s debarkation day on a cruise)…but sunsets at cocktail hour are equally stunning!!

If I missed a sunrise while on a cruise I'd be so annoyed with myself.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, George C said:

Same here coyotes also bobcats .

Here we have several baby frogs.....now which one to kiss just in case he turns into a prince?🙄

And small garden snakes. EEEEEEK😝

Humming birds.🥰
Baby deer that seem lost. Awwwww🥰

Cranes, and a crane couple that has a baby crane. Awwwww🥰

Among other "Welcome to Florida" creatures.🙄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, George C said:

I normally don’t watch it but tonight’s espy awards will honor the Buffalo Bills training staff for there life saving of Hamlin .

I don’t usually watch either but I’ll be watching tonight for this and several other reasons. 😉

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Here we have several baby frogs.....now which one to kiss just in case he turns into a prince?🙄

Humming birds.🥰

We have several baby frogs and they drive the dogs nuts. I’m afraid Charlie will try and eat it so i usually sweep them to an area the dogs can’t get to them.

We have several baby deer that come through the yard. They are very cute.

We do have a huge 4 foot long black snake that lives under the patio. While discerning he keeps the mice population down.

Only have seen a couple of hummingbirds even though I have two feeders.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 66°F now but we have had a lot of rain showers today.

We went to Lumley castle for lunch.

Graham, your food photos look amazing. I’d kill for some proper fish and chips. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Humming birds.🥰

We have a large park one block from our house , lots of possums, bobcats, coyotes, have seen hummingbirds in my backyard, lots of feral cats , our ten ft fence keeps most out of our backyard, sad thing I have seen baby bunnies in our pool but not recently, falcons also . Have also seen frogs on my pool and occasionally small snakes.

We had one of our old cats (current cat is inside only) come into our house with a bird in her mouth she then did a meow and bird flew our , took me about 20 mins to get the bird out of our house.

Edited by George C
  • Like 7